Reviews for Welcome Distractions
GWBear chapter 1 . 8/20/2013
This was very much in keeping with the character and style of the original, as found in TBKA. Very well written!
sunsethill chapter 1 . 3/23/2007
I don't normally go looking for Holmes/Russell fics, but found this as I was searching for HP fics! There really is a lot of cross-over in those two fandoms. I can actually see this little scene happening. Russ would fear loosing Holmes while she was gone. The relief she feels when Holmes acts as if she hasn't even been away when she returns the first time is evidence of this.
hollybridgetpeppermint chapter 1 . 2/13/2007
ei! you're on the hive! i know you! (although i don't remember your penname there...sorry...)

i wish we could review on the hive...i loved most of those stories, and couldn't tell the people...*sigh*...

and, again, you should move the fic so the russell fans can find it... :D please?

BANZAI!

~hollybridgetpeppermint
PAULINE chapter 1 . 4/14/2005
Y
tolkien fan chapter 1 . 8/12/2004
good you know your material and i compliment you
Eccentric75885 chapter 1 . 9/8/2003
::stares at screen::

*grins* Great job! I love the connection to Ms. Sims, not commenly used in the Kanon world! Terrific!

Another Russell fan, (there seem to be so few in this section of the interent, I mean),

Jo Halcyon
dixie chapter 1 . 7/25/2003
That was really great! I love the Russell/Holmes stories and was glad to find yours.
Shannon Holmes chapter 1 . 5/22/2003
That was really amazing! Beautifully written and expressed ideas. There was no strand-stills everything flowed perfectly. Keep up the fantastic work.
March Hare chapter 1 . 5/6/2003
Argh, braindead me, been meaning to review this. I came across this story on Foxhound's Hive before reading it here, but it's just as enjoyable now as it was then! Wonderful!

Perhaps we could have a sequel, set after Russell goes to Oxford, where Miss Sims runs into Holmes and they have a nice long chat... Well, at least THINK about it! Bravissima!

Ever mad,

March Hare
Constance Nightingale chapter 1 . 4/26/2003
Very nice story. Extremely delightful. I will be looking forward to more of your work.
Russell chapter 1 . 4/26/2003
Wow! That was really good. Are you going to add another chapter, and if so are you going to keep Mrs. Sims nariating? Please write more!

A huge fan of Mary Russell novels in need of reading material,

Russell