Reviews for Sidelines: Tales of the Assist Trophies
Falco Player chapter 10 . 7/19
Nightmare and Starfy is an interesting rival arrangement, I'm guessing it has to do with Starfy being similar to Kirby (both in terms of the character and game series). This chapter mostly felt like set up but it's set up where I'm excited to see what happened next, especially with that promise in the AN of seeing more Wily and Nightmare in the future. I can see Wily turning traitor and trying to do things on his own.
AngelZeroEXE chapter 10 . 7/19
Yes, yes, Yes, yes, YES! I’m loving this! Zero is here! And he will play a role in stopping the bad guys. And Wily’s involved (I may not like him too much, but hey, Mega Man)! And you really are great at writing villain characters, I must say. See you next chapter. Angel is out!
Falco Player chapter 9 . 7/14
I'm glad Mimikyu realized he was too good for Waluigi. I appreciate the reference to Mario Tennis Power Tour, and how Chain Chomp is playable in Aces (and the previous chapter where he got put in the Pokemon Day Care). Knuckles and Tiki is another unusual duo that you really made work. I liked Tiki having to correct herself when using the nicknames. The flashback to Operation Big Wave gave me some Archie Sonic esque vibes (in a general concept type way, Archie Sonic had many elements I'm thankful you don't have in this fic), which is good because Forces itself felt like a sort of nod to Archie Sonic.

Looks like we're getting some Mother Brain action next chapter. Looking forward to it.
K L Kid S chapter 9 . 7/14
Lo voy admitir este fanfic...Es genial
Amo mucho las interacciones entre los personajes ( excepto a cierto color morado, aunque me gusta mucho las desventuras y ridiculeces que comete XD )
Y sobre otras cosas, pues me alegra mucho que Bomberman será el "protagonista" de este fanfic , ya que el pobre si merecía ser un luchador junto con Ashley, Shovel Knight, Black Knight y Zero ( #Bomberman x Ashley : Bamshy ).
Y con respeto a los villanos pues digamos que Willy y Mother Brain si son realmente amenazas.
Así que buena suerte con tu historia
Saludos desde México
dy chapter 5 . 5/29
we all know mama brain is going to take over wilys world should this plan work.
Bravo. It will be hard for me to top if I was a writer
Falco Player chapter 8 . 5/28
I'm officially a Baito fan now because of this fic. I know it was probably just the characters throwing out stuff but now I want Baito in Animal Crossing. Screw getting the Zelda cast back give me Baito. I'm surprised that the gacha stuff didn't cause any rifts amongst the ATs, especially since Waluigi has appeared in two now while Lyn has quite the number of alts in Fire Emblem Heroes from what I understand. Or maybe this is going to happen in future chapters, a surprising number of ATs have at least one gacha appearance now that I think about it, Zero in the Mega Man gacha, Rodin showed up in the Bayonetta collab for the SMT gacha (though not as a pullable char), and there's a Castlevania gacha in the works that you just know will involve Alucard.

Sukapon Bomberman was a great dynamic. And Wario Starfy was shockingly wholesome for an interaction with Wario. The Squid Sisters also had a nice role here. And the scene with Spring Man and Issac trying to cheer up Baito was sweet.

Morgana felt kind of off in this chapter. On reflection he is the kind of asshole who would do this kind of the stuff, but I think the way he did it is what really feels off. I think if someone unintentionally set off his own insecurities then Morgana would get like that, going at it entirely unprovoked is where he really doesn't feel true to canon. Though I appreciate the irony of Waluigi ragging on Joker only to get insulted by Morgana.
AngelZeroEXE chapter 7 . 3/19
Okay, you are amazing! First of all, you’re right. No one writes about Yuri. But also, ZeroYuri fluff! Zero. Yuri. Fluff. You don’t know how happy it made me to see Zero being, a) a nice guy, b) actually acting like he does, and c) being a romantically-deprived, kind of awkward dork. Zero was absolutely perfect. So was Yuri, and dang, I hate Waluigi, and this portrays him just like I do! Thank you so much, and I hope to see more ZeroYuri fluff in the future. Angel it out!
Falco Player chapter 7 . 3/19
I really liked Yuri and Alph being friends. I wanted Alph to get promoted to his own slot so that part about his offer getting rejected stung, especially since I also had the idea of him using Rock Pikmin. The part with Zero had me burst out laughing, and I appreciated the nod to how Fatal Frame and Pikmin used the Gamepad.

Also I hate Waluigi and the idea of him as a fighter so I really appreciated Tiki and Gray Fox dragging him.
Falco Player chapter 6 . 2/10
This was a great collection of characters, Midna and Rodin fist bumping was a neat touch. I like the way you write Shadow, once you mentioned the color of the throw pillow I knew exactly where it was going. And Shovel Knight was written well too, he started off the chapter with a good humorous note. I also liked how you tied it into the villain arc that started up last chapter while letting the chapter stand on its own.
Falco Player chapter 5 . 10/21/2019
It's nice to see a fanfic about the assist trophies. I love all the different character interactions and how you do a good job of rotating them in and out so nobody hogs all the screen time.
AngelZeroEXE chapter 5 . 10/5/2019
She will use Zero, I’m sure of it!
Guest chapter 4 . 8/29/2019
There was no sign of a story for Knuckles.
Guest chapter 1 . 8/29/2019
Nice tale for Bomberman. Perhaps Bomberman can one day mention having to deal with his brothers or at least think about them
MBenz4268 chapter 4 . 8/26/2019
I like what you're going for in this story! If I could make a suggestion maybe have a chapter with Yuri Kozukata? I've never played Fatal Frame but I'm interested to see what she thinks of being in Smash. I mean aside from seeing ghosts she's pretty normal and I kinda wanna see how she meshes with the other Trophies.