Reviews for In My Mind's Eye
Jay of Lasgalen chapter 5 . 5/3/2003
Poor Elrohir! Poor Elladan! I like the link that you have written between them - and Elladan's fear when it breaks.

Will Elladan be able to use their connection to find Elrohir, or is Elrohir too weak to be able to help?

Can't wait for the next chapter!

Iawen Londea chapter 5 . 5/2/2003
Oh, that was an angsty chapter. *Sniff* My poor twins! LOL. Continue soon!
smedleycat chapter 4 . 4/30/2003
Hello Sidh - let me begin by saying that I really enjoy well-written LOTR fanfiction and am quite intrigued by your story. I have been a fan of all things Tolkien for more than 20 years and discovered the world of fanfiction only a year ago. Since then, I have searched for well-written stories that stay within canon, have characters who reasonably resemble the characters from the books, and are well-plotted and structured. It seems to me that you are on the right track with your story and I look forward to reading more.

I hope you will not mind a few "housekeeping" matters: Paragraph 7 - "swinging his head too quickly" instead of "to quickly"; Paragraph 9 - the correct spelling is "per se" not persay; Paragraph 10 - at this point of the story, how could Elrohir determine the "rough voice" belonged to a female?

Paragraph 11 - "captor" is singular, so you should probably not use "they" in the next phrase. Perhaps it would be better to say "...wondering if he would be left lying where he was..."

I look forward to more of this story. I adore gap-fillers that manage to expand Tolkien's story in believable ways, and there is precious little written about the sons of Elrond in the Books. They have always been favorite characters because of the way they are mentioned as being important people, but little or nothing of any depth is said about them - so they are perfect for the world of must be amazing Elves because look at who is their father, sister, and brother-in-law!
goblz chapter 4 . 4/30/2003
This is a great fic! I just now found it, it was recommended on a yahoo group I belong to. I've been looking for a really great angsty twin fic and I'm glad I've found this one! This is awesome so far, can't wait for the next chapter.
Kia chapter 4 . 4/30/2003
cool chapter...I really like the style in which you describe the surroundings, the charas and the actions...wonderful angsty *sighs happily* I can't wait to reading on...*gives her Elrohir a careful hug and promises him that his brother will resue him*
Kaeera chapter 4 . 4/29/2003
*sniff* poor Elrohir...Being imprisoned by orcs, alone, without his brothers...

*g* So why am I grinning like mad? Because I LOVE Elrohir-centric stories, and am quite glad to have found another author who's writing one of those. The fandom is getting bigger! *beams*

And yours has a healthy dose of drama, which I simply like. I can't wait to see the next chapter where Elladan worries - don't you just love it when one of the twins worries about the other one?

Ignore my rambling...I'm mad.

Anyway, I like your writing - the chapters are a tad too short for my taste, but I guess I have to live with that. I like the angst and the descreption of the scenery, very catching. I'm looking forward to the next chapter!
Kia chapter 3 . 4/29/2003
this turns out to be better from chapter to chapter. I can only repeat what I've already said: this is a really great story...I like this kind of angst very much.

Let us see more of Elladan and perhaps a bit of Elrond during the next chapters *begs with great puppy eyes*
Kia chapter 2 . 4/29/2003
this story is really great...

poor Elladan, for he is so worried for his brother...you are an excellent angst writter. Keep that great work going on.
seraserastuff chapter 3 . 4/29/2003
Yes! Another twins story, twins twinstwinnytwins twinsyay! *calms down* definitly not enough Elladan and Elrohir fics out here. Well, a few but i like your portrayal of them the best!

Really dying to know what happens next!
Jay of Lasgalen chapter 3 . 4/29/2003
Another great chapter. Poor Elrohir! What horrible tales to have to listen to! I'm not surprised he's not all that hungry ...

So who has he been taken to, and what does she want? And will Elladan find him, or be captured too?

Update soon, please!

Jay of Lasgalen chapter 1 . 4/29/2003
Just a note to tell you about a yahoo group Twins of Elrond that I belong to. We look for good, non slash twin fics (definitely no twincest!) and I've recommended your story there.

(hope lets me put the URL!)

http: group /twinsofelrond
Lamaree chapter 1 . 4/29/2003
...and elf brains in a light wine sauce with capers and a crisp romaine salad on the side. Yum

Geez, whats HIS problem. Some people just dont appriciate fine cuisine

Lamaree
Crawler chapter 3 . 4/28/2003
covers Elrohir's ears Poor thing! How could she be so cruel and tell him these horror stories? hugs Elrohir Everything will be all right, you'll see, pen-neth.
ArlenaNureem ArlNurhotmail.com chapter 2 . 4/28/2003
Aww, poor Elladan :( Hope he finds his brother soon! Also would be good if he could get a nap. I love Glorfindel, hes one of my favs. Welp, on to the next chapter!
Jay of Lasgalen chapter 1 . 4/28/2003
Wow, this is good! Can I say 'I like it' when Elrohir and Elladan are in such torment? This is an excellent start, but please don't hurt Elrohir too much! (Memories of what the orcs did to his mother come to mind).

34 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 Next »