Reviews for FireStorm
path chapter 17 . 1/20/2005
Yet another wonderful, amazing, suspenseful story Lindelea. I cannot say how immensely I really enjoy them, to rightly express it. Great job, and keep up the stellar writing _
evila-elf chapter 17 . 6/22/2004
Blast you! I just had to take and read this all in one go! It is now 3:30 in the am and all I want to do is start on the next Thain ficcy! Bah! Would pull an all nighter except I have to work tomorrow and get up less than 6 hours.

I love writers who set up their own story universe, with timelines, original characters, etc. Makes for a fun read!
VercisIsolde chapter 17 . 5/15/2003
As I'm sure you have discovered, I haven't read this one yet, but I just had to find out what happens. Skimmed it v. quick and it is excellent! But I'm going to have to see Pippin in pain all over again. Ah well, it's nice to see everything from a different perspective.

Luv

~VI~
Jen Littlebottom chapter 16 . 5/14/2003
I'm really enjoying this story - lovely and hobbity, the characters are well drawn, the plot well paced, and the tale altogether well done!

Jen Littlebottom chapter 3 . 5/14/2003
'People are such fussbudgets,' he said, 'always worrying about one catching one's death.' He sipped at the mug, making a face at the bitter taste. 'Why would anyone want to go chasing after death, anyhow, much less catching it?' he said whimsically. 'And why do we say "fussbudget" to describe a person who doesn't at all budget his fusses, but spends them recklessly at the least inclination?'

*lol* That is just so... Pippin. Good to know he kept his sense of humour as he grew older.
LadyJea chapter 17 . 5/10/2003
A wonderful ending! I like how you've given a voice to characters like Reginard and Everard and Feredibrand. Especially when they all changed. I've seen them used before, but mostly as static charcters, background fillers. But you've made them...oh bugger. I can't remember the literary term for the character that changes. Ah well. You know what I mean.

I would suggest a title for Regi's romance, but I don't know enough about the story. I prefer, as you obviously do, to pull a phrase or idea from the story itself for a title. Or at least use a title that has something to do with something. If you're willing to give me a bit more to go on, I'll see what I can come up with!
Xena chapter 17 . 5/10/2003
*cries* I hate to see this story end! Well, I thoroughly enjoyed this story, you showed the procession well of Pippin gaining respect from his Took relations. Lovely chapter, I liked Reginard's little speech. Now I'll be sitting waiting for more chapters from "At the End of His Rope" and more stories from you. I don't know what a title would be, but I hope you come up with one soon so it can be posted!
Dana4 chapter 17 . 5/9/2003
Ah, I've been waiting for this for a while, and I've been pleased with the re-read. It's just so nice to see this part - I mean, Pippin is going to be all right, as this is only the beginning of him as the Thain after all, and to see the change that's been made. He really made a difference.

Like this lots:

Ferdibrand put a hand on Pippin's arm and said, 'You cannot get out of being Thain that easily, cousin. You swore an oath, and we mean to hold you to it.'

Loved the chapter, loved the story.
Pansy Chubb chapter 17 . 5/9/2003
And so Pippin wins them over, the end. Darn it. Okay, I'll be watching for Down and Out. Thank you for this wonderful, albeit too short story. You've gotten us spoiled with your zillion chapter stories.
Dana4 chapter 16 . 5/9/2003
Ah, I absolutely adored this chapter, and I absolutely adore Ev'ard! He did it, stood up for the Thain, not only that, admitted that he was WRONG, and this was that turnabout that I've been waiting to see. And now that I've seen it? This was an amazing chapter, Lin. I loved it.
Xena chapter 16 . 5/9/2003
*claps and hugs Everard* Goodness, he certainly earned my respect in this chapter! Very powerful, and how surprising, a Took admitting he was wrong! I loved that, it was great to see Everard admit his mistake and to stand up for Pippin. Lovely chapter, can't wait for more! :P
Dana4 chapter 15 . 5/9/2003
Oh, I love it love it LOVE IT. I mean, the bit with the fire's advance at the beginning. I love how you handle, and so much happens in this chapter, and Pippin really does seem to be everywhere all at once. And the fire and the smoke and Pippin and his lungs. Ah, but what's to happen next? *must find out, five minutes ago*
Xena chapter 15 . 5/8/2003
Ahh to the end of the chapter! First, the beginning. I love how you give life to the fire. Wow, Pippin really becomes Thain-like when he needs to be, almost reminded me of his father... and the descriptions of what Regi saw was amazing. Now, to the end of the chapter, I say "ahh!" again. Poor Pippin, he shouldn't have been out there in the first place, with his bad lungs and all! I hope he's ok.. interesting it was Ferdibrand that took action to get him away from the fire.. superb chapter, I'm so extremely anxious for the next! At least the title of the story makes sense now.. :P
Xena chapter 14 . 5/8/2003
Ah, the fire found it's fuel! Blossom calling to her cow was great, and especially the image of her riding the cow as a horse... Everard showed his quality as an engineer in this chapter, great thinking on his part! :P
Pansy Chubb chapter 15 . 5/8/2003
Pippin performed admirably, but he should have known to stay away from the smoke. This is a pretty exciting chapter.
52 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »