Reviews for Harry Is A Dragon, And That's Okay
Bronze chapter 2 . 22h
Even if ol' Fumblemort DID know Harry'd become a Dragon he'd still send him a letter that made no sense. It's just how Fumblemort works. After all, the magical world knows nothing of logic nor of what needed information is. If you sent a Pure-Blood a muggle style letter about muggle things they'd need to attend something muggle, they'd be ass lost as the muggles getting their Hogwarts letter. But Fumblemort would make sure Harry got a letter with as little useful information as possible. Harry is supposed to be kept in the dark about magic ass well as hiss possible place in the magical world.
Bronze chapter 1 . 22h
Well, I'm back for another shot at finishing this story. I remember starting it and enjoying it. But for some reason, I just never finished it. Now I'm gonna give it another go. I found this by putting in the Bing search " Harry You Nuked a Dragon " I find some of the most unusual stories using searches like that. Having recognized the title of this story I clicked on it and now I'm once again enjoying the insanity of Harry becoming a Dragon and attending Hogwarts as one. Now I remember Snape yelling at Harry about eating the left over plants and such for Potions. That struck me not as odd but totally insane! Especially as no one is bothered by the fact Harry turned into a Dragon and attended muggle Primary School as one for years.
Village-Mystic chapter 91 . 11/26
Good chapters, and will be curious to see what happens next.
Village-Mystic chapter 90 . 11/26
Harry is still very much so not that emotional about things as they happen to him or to others, which is part of the reason why he became a dragon. I'm looking forward to some circumstances where he reverts to human form, once he's 17 - and hopefully can go back and forth. He probably will still have a lot of emotional processing to do, even if he stays a dragon all or most of the time.
SilverFishK chapter 37 . 11/25
I'd read this chapter a while ago but forgot Harry's greatest fear. yup now that I know it it makes sense.
Runadaemon chapter 35 . 11/24
Thank you, this is wonderful, I’m enjoying it immensely, and Harry’s entire mindset is so relaxing to get into. I really appreciate it.
SomeGuyFawkes chapter 90 . 11/24
›› Tom Marvolo Riddle... was instead a Hungarian cartographer... and had been lying low for decades
What story is that a reference to?

Entertaining chapter. Thanks for the update.
tzening chapter 91 . 11/24
Oh boy, as long as Harry never died once, the true final Horcrux can never be destroyed and Voldemort can still come back.

Something tells me that the 7th year would be the culmination of all the plots that Harry evaded throughout the previous six years. One way, or another.
LuftRaptor chapter 91 . 11/24
I’m certainly pretty familiar with THAT incident, given that I was born around the moment they declared her dead.
Kin-Ryu Chikara chapter 91 . 11/23
First of, let me say that I really like this story. It is a nice relaxing read, very nicely detailed and researched with an overall feel of quality to it. I like the premise of the story, and how it unfolds and develops. The inclusions of the various unusually shapes students are well done and explore the story in an interesting sirection. One criticism is that things are going perhaps too smooth, but I imagine that is a concious choice because a more detailed, darker more 'realistic' exploration of the racism of the magical world would have ruined that nice, relaxed chill feeling of the story.

I feel you absolutely nail most of the main cast. Your Ron is absolutely my favourite version of Ron in fanfiction, too often he is either a dumb comic relief, an insatiable glutton or secretly worse than Voldemort. But you have a very nice version of him, one that is both nice to read, believable and somehow still Ron Weasley.

Similarly I like your Dumbledore. He is crazy and seems somewhat senile, but then his brilliance shines through, leaving you wondering how much of his normal behavior is just an act. I absolutely love him as an actual teacher, he is brilliant and eccentric and nice to read. I'm tired of Evil!Manipulative!Bastard!tm Dumbledore and while yours has proven he can absolutely manipulate things, he feels far more benevolent and harmsless.

The rest of the main cast are also very well done, with one exceprion I'll get to later. I like Hermione, Dean, Neville, Empress, Nora. I like most of them.

Your exploration of the daily school life, and expanding on the subjects are well done. I particularly like Alchemy, you did a very good job there. I think the Alechemy lessons were my favourite part about the most resent chapters, due to a combination of your Alvhemy system, and Dumbledore as a teacher.

There are obviously more praise I could heap upon you, but there are some criticisms as well.
The first is that nothing actually happens. That sounds a bit harsh, but it is essentially true. This is a very slice of life story, with little in terms of overarching plot. Voldemort is almost entirely absent and rendered moot. Even when he does show up, nothing happens. Umbridge was the closest the story got to anything dark, and she was largely just something to be made fun of and rendered harmless.
There is no real consequence to the fact that other Beings are being taught at Hogwarts. It feels like the world outside Hogwarts is standing still. Admitantly this isn't as big a complaint as it sounds, since I enjoy the relaxed read this story provides, but it is a complaint.

My biggest complaint is the one main character I feel you haven't done a good job with, and that is Harry himself.
To cut a long complaint short, your Harry has almost no character or development. He is essentially the same going in to year 7 as he was at the start. He is a polite dragon that likes to read and doesn't react to anything and that is essentially his whole character. His confrontation with Voldemort and his reactions to Umbridge perfectly underly my point. When confronted with Voldemort, the guy that killed Harry's parents and a whole bunch of other people, Harry is perfectly calm and collected. Nervous yes, but only slightly. Other than that no reaction. This was Harry's first real meeting with Voldemort, and his first time in serious danger, and Harry brushes it off with no issue. He is more concerned with the books he borrowed than Voldemort.
Likewise his reactions to Umbridge was off putting in how lackluster they were. Umbridge didn't even try to hide her dislike/hatred, but Harry didn't really react. No matter what Umbridge did, Harry's only reaction was a slightly bemusement.
It almost seems to me that Harry's social development is far slower than a normal human. I started suspecting his social development to be similarly slow to his physical development during year 5, you do point out multiple times how small Harry is compared to other dragons, so I thought that also explained how naive and innocent he seems.
This becomes more of an issue as the story goes on and the reader expect the characters to mature, grow and develop but Harry doesn't. Like I said, he is essentially the same in chapter 91 as he was in chapter 11, just more knowledgable and better at magic.

This isn't a big enough issue that I actually dislike your Harry, and not nearly enough to stop me enjoying the story but Harry himself is easily the weakest link in this story. Of course, I certainly couldn't have done it better myself, but I can still give my opinion.

All that said, I enjoy this story a lot and I am looking forward to reading more when that time comes.
Covid-20 chapter 90 . 11/23
I love how Voldemort casts the Most powerful spells at harry, and it just rebounds
Diddleymaz chapter 91 . 11/23
We all remember were we were when he heard the news. My husband and myself were very early risers and heard the very first bulletin on BBC Radio 4.
ChuckTheElf chapter 91 . 11/22
I remember that day. Was always impressed with Diana, decent mother that did her best no matter what the circumstance.

Good writing as usual!
TekoloKuautli chapter 91 . 11/22
Harry's short summer job was interesting and cute, of course the goblins will adapt to the times and the way non-human magicals will likely become costumers and would-be-thieves alike. So beginning by hiring smart dragons to prod at the defenses is a good choice, as is quietly retiring the older dragon staff to avoid confrontations with the new dragons. It's a nice way to look at how their society is changing as a whole.

The bit about the princess surprised me, but it surprised me because they are a lot more somber about that than literally Voldypants coming back and then jumping straight to the grave again. He's a sad villain indeed.

It would be nice for Harry to work for Gringotts after Hogwarts while living with Sirius. Oh, and taking his title officially maybe just to vote for things and the like.
Smokeing chapter 3 . 11/22