Reviews for Harry Is A Dragon, And That's Okay
Kari-is-happy chapter 30 . 12/24/2021
Wagga is more than just not a village it's a rural city with a major transport hub.
Kari-is-happy chapter 22 . 12/23/2021
I am thoroughly enjoying this story now, the number of times I am forced to stop mid sentence due to an attack of the giggles is quite stunning.
Majerus chapter 50 . 12/17/2021
"
"But then again, I am not a physician."

"Do you mean physicist, sir?" Harry checked.

"Oh, dear me, not one of those either," Dumbledore agreed readily. "Nor even a physiotherapist. I am entirely without fizz of any description, aside from what may be found in a fizzing whizzbee."
"
Thank you for a most wonderfully Dumbledorian Dumbledore.

"
Harry supposed that meant he was the Hobbits, but that was all right. Being a Hobbit was a nice sort of person to be, really, and he couldn't complain.
"
I love your story, and bits like this just make me snuggle into the tale and feel content. It's a rare gift you are giving me and I just wanted to thank you very much for it.
rhidragon chapter 102 . 12/16/2021
A fabulous story. Thank you.

A lot of late nights/early mornings as I struggled to put this story down.

A lot of "got that book" with Anne Mccaffery and Terry Pratchett. And "will have to try and find that book" with some of the others mentioned.
ellie chapter 4 . 12/10/2021
harry would absolutely adore wings of fire, i think
peterco chapter 32 . 12/7/2021
I love it!
This story is so wholesome it makes me feel all fussy inside :)
Madeline T hatter chapter 3 . 12/1/2021
On the third chapter theres a bit of a jump and it skips quite a bit of the story line heres the part

That's fine," Harry replied, remembering how Uncle Vernon sometimes needed a bit of a drink of brandy to calm him down. Harry had always wondered what it tasted like, given how it smelled, but that was something he knew he'd have to wait for until he was old enough.

Hearing him speak seemed to comfort the witch slightly, and she crouched down a little to reach Harry's level. "It's nice to meet you, dear – I'm Madam Malkin."
FireInLife chapter 102 . 11/26/2021
This was such a delightful story. Part of me wanted to write down in a review every chapter all of the things I loved (and I really did love SO much of what you wrote). But honestly, I just couldn't wait to keep reading the next chapter.

My main complaint was that sometimes things were a bit slow, but that isn't even a bad thing. I loved seeing some of the more "boring" or slow elements of the story. I may not have read through them as fast or as excitedly as the final battle (which, having read previous reviews, was WAY better than I was expecting), but they were still a pleasure to read.

(And I want to note how inclusive your story was, and how much I appreciated that element too.)

Overall a delightful read, and I am so glad I encountered this story. It was all just so brilliant. I am going to miss these characters greatly in the future, but fortunately I probably will be able to re-read it anytime. And I will most certainly be re-reading this.

Thank you so much for the work you put into this story, and for also sharing it with the world.
HauntingTheNet chapter 42 . 11/22/2021
I am not sure if anyone else has reached out to you on this matter, but there is something drastically wrong with either your fundamental understanding of nature, or at least the the way you wrote the beginning of chapter 42. Regardless of which it is, you wrote something in regards to winter above the Black Lake versus inside of it that I felt a need to address.

You are absolutely correct that it is far easier and quicker to get hypothermia in cold water than cold air due to the fact that water is 25 times more conductive for removing body heat upon surface contact. You are also right that a creature (or magical being in this case) that has lived in cold water for its entire existence and that of generations before will have adapted to handle the environment better.

But after that is where your statement about mermen not being cold in the air of Scotland's winter dies a death almost as quick as immersion hypothermia.

if you take a deep-sea creature and bring it up to the surface they actually can freeze to death. This is because of two things, the pressures at deeper levels causing the freezing points to take a lower temperature to reach which also aids the animal in retaining enough heat to survive, and the deeper sea levels having a higher salt content which changes the effective felt temperatures to their bodies. The moment you decide to take these creatures up out of the depths they are already doomed. Between the change of pressure, the change of salinity in their surroundings, and yes even the colder effective temperatures the creature will soon die and shortly form ice crystals in its tissues.

But what if the Black Lake does not have ocean access despite all of the canon lore that says it does? Indeed what if it is a pure land locked fresh water lake? Even in such an environment the fish that are swimming around perfectly fine beneath the surface can freeze to death soon after being pulled out of the lake. That is where yet another property of water comes into effect. Stratification. The cold air at the surface freezes the surface water first and without the salt content it actually freezes. After that the ice layer forms almost a heat insulation barrier against cold temperatures above this layer. There is still some heat dispersion in the water directly in contact with the frozen surface, but it is slower and not affecting the depths. This means that the surface area may be at freezing temperatures, but below the surface deeper in the fresh water lake the water is actually warm even during a winter.

In other words, the moment that merman left the Black Lake he stopped being inured to the cold and should have frozen to death during the first sub freezing day. The effects on him should have become visible, and possibly even before the Sphinx from Egypt actually. Although that last part regarding which would be worse affected by the cold air is just a guess. But I do know that zoos and aquariums have a harder time keeping aquatic life alive in the winter than they do keeping desert dwellers alive during a winter. So I base my guess on that simple fact.
FireInLife chapter 49 . 11/19/2021
This fight in the forest after exams was pretty intense. It felt like it came out of nowhere, but at the same time, it felt really believable with how you had already expanded the world of the Forbidden Forest. And that just made it all the more heart-racing for me.

It was fun and chaotic, and I am hoping that you have written more like that. Either way, thanks for the chapter and the story so far!
SpicyArbiter chapter 60 . 11/18/2021
Peregrines also have strong hearts (the muscle, not the metephor) which I remember because it was mentioned as being in contrast to the vast majority of birds, who apparently do not have strong hearts
SpicyArbiter chapter 57 . 11/18/2021
Hey, I like quiche
FireInLife chapter 26 . 11/18/2021
It may not count for much seeing as you have finished the story already, but I have quite enjoyed the story far. I like the twist you put on canon events as well as the unique perspective Harry and his friends have. I also really enjoy the slice-of-life aspect of the story. It has been a lot of fun reading, even if it doesn't (usually) have heavy plot elements associated with it.

Your treatment of the characters here have also been delightful. Even though I don't really like the Dursleys, I like how Harry is trying to treat them respectively. It is the sort of positive treatment most writers don't give them, especially while they are still poor guardians for Harry. Likewise, I like how there is very much no bashing of characters in here. Ron clearly dislikes Malfoy and Snape, but Harry doesn't mind either way so it feels very balanced.

Honestly, the way you write your characters have been very fun to read in general. Very similar to canon counterparts, but also with a slightly different perception of them (which makes since, as this story is told from the perspective of a different version of Harry compared to canon). And really, I just really like many of your characters.

I also got plenty of smiles and laughs while reading this story, which I think was your intention. It was overall a story that has made me feel good reading it, and I really appreciate that you wrote and shared this story with everybody.
Majerus chapter 49 . 11/18/2021
I'm still choking back laughter at the idea of Clever Girl scaring a boggart to death!

It's rather a good thing that Hermione was not there. I cannot imagine that Clever Girl's instincts to rend and slash wouldn't have taken over and she'd have been responsible for quite a number of deaths and maimings.
That said, dang, that was a great fight scene! If you're going to go that direction on rare occasions, at least you are quite good at them :)
Majerus chapter 48 . 11/18/2021
"
"You can't leave it at that!" Su groaned. "We'll be waiting for months to find out that means!"

Harry shrugged his wings, and started packing up his notes.

"That is a horrible trick, mate," Ron accused him.
I salute you!

*happy sigh*
Once again I return to your story to shovel away the detritus of life and just enjoy something clean and fresh and fun.
3,596 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »