Reviews for Harry Is A Dragon, And That's Okay
Majerus chapter 48 . 11/18/2021
"
"You can't leave it at that!" Su groaned. "We'll be waiting for months to find out that means!"

Harry shrugged his wings, and started packing up his notes.

"That is a horrible trick, mate," Ron accused him.
I salute you!

*happy sigh*
Once again I return to your story to shovel away the detritus of life and just enjoy something clean and fresh and fun.
jiromanawari chapter 6 . 11/17/2021
The story is really stupid. I'm out
SpicyArbiter chapter 46 . 11/15/2021
Voice in nora’s earhissing is probably parstletonguetarantula missing, probably ran awaybasilisk is friendly (ish?) and named empress?
StriderGunship chapter 102 . 11/12/2021
This fic could have been good, but the amount of filler and things that made me want to just skip things was simply ungodly.

I'm talking about feasts, studies, exams and quidditch games. These things should have been mostly used as background for discussion of things relevant to the plot. I get it when you want some day-to-day life mixed in with the story, but it's all so deprived of the "adventure" part, and again, the amount of it is just too much.

I think there was a point in your fic when Harry was thinking about how it's exciting to read about things that happened to characters in his books, but it wasn't that great if you put yourself in their place. And that's the problem with your fic, nothing really exciting is happening in your book with your characters, it's all too sterile/safe/stale.

I am really disappointed with the ending. It really felt like there should have been so much more, maybe if Voldemort somehow found out that most of his horcruxes were destroyed and delayed his attempts on Harry's life to prepare better.

If you hadn’t spent so much time on filler parts, most of those things you speedran through in your epilogue could have been made into story that would have been interesting to read, with big bad being dealt way later.

Also the T rating feels really jarring. The previous reviever mentioned that growth from children to adults was good, but I didn't really feel it, for me it felt like that T rating didn't really let you explore and write real character growth, they felt mostly the same the last 4 years. We don't see Harry get his dragon family, with the whole Nora deal feeling really disappointing after waving under our noses with that possibility. No romance really did a considerable blow to possible character growth in that fic.

You didn't explain how Harry ended up as a dragon (though It's not that great of a deal to me, but still) and why he was so much different from normal dragons.

And here comes the biggest problem. Dragon theme not being explored sufficiently. Just why even make Harry a dragon and introduce so many dragons to Hogwarts and not do anything with it? What's even the point of this fic? The difference is just that some characters don't die and Harry's a lizard. That's just all to this story by that point. I am very disappointed after investing so much time to read all of it, and around 70% of the text is skippable.
XxFreezexX chapter 102 . 11/12/2021
I absolutely loved this last chapter.. I've been following the story regularly from sometime around chapter 30 (though I've never reviewed) but missed reading the epilogue due to Real Life Things. This last chapter was everything I've ever wanted from an epilogue. You've touched on basically every OC you made and tied up everything beautifully.

You're an excellent story teller, which is plain to see, but I have a few tiny issues with the writing. Since I rarely dabble in writing myself, do take it with a huge pinch of salt, or treat it as the grumblings of a crochety old man.

Most of the conversations have italicized words in between and that sometimes ruined the flow for me. You have to realise that everybody reads things at their own cadence and rhythm and repeatedly being told to stress particular words throws off the reading a bit. It's the reading equivalent to a laugh track in a sitcom. I never even realised I read like that until deep into your story with this mildly miffed feeling I couldn't explain. Then i noticed it.. and then couldn't unnotice it ever again.

Another issue is characterisation. All your characters are wonderfully unique and well fleshed out... on paper. Whenever they have a conversation between them though, they all sound almost exactly the same. Except for Harry, who sounds like Dumbledore in the later chapters (intentionally), Dumbledore, and the baby dragons. Better writers than me can probably tell you exactly what it is that you're missing but I can't really put my finger on it.

Plot wise, I know you tried to stick to canon guiderails as much as possible but sometimes that part of the plot felt weird. Like year 4 for me. There was no need to shoehorn Harry into every task when it basically didnt advance the plot much. Also, the early parts where Voldemort popped up and got finished off felt a little abrupt. I would've liked a bit more tension and anticipation during combat scenes. Final battle was nail bitingly good though

Character development on the other hand was absolutely top notch. The growth from little children to teenage to brink-of-adulthood was clear to see. I love how you've portrayed Ron and Percy and your Dumbledore is one of my all time favorites. Not to mention Harry. Exceptional world building. Beautiful development. Completely original concepts and threads. Had me hooked throughout waiting to see how you'd flesh out the magic in this universe..

Stories like these are a one in a million. I hope I come across more of them. And I hope you keep writing.

Ciao
Ricee chapter 21 . 11/11/2021
ugh, I wonder how many chapters I'm gonna skip cause it focuses on this
Ricee chapter 22 . 11/11/2021
hope he doesn't end up on the quidditch team, God those parts were boring af in both the books and the movies
Ricee chapter 20 . 11/11/2021
no effects at all for eating part of the stone? shame
majere4 chapter 47 . 11/11/2021
That was delightful!
majere4 chapter 46 . 11/11/2021
"
"He is busy, isn't he?" Dean said, shaking his head. "Blimey. You'd think he'd have one of those things Hermione has."

"Maybe he does," Ron shrugged. "Maybe he's got two."

"Having two doesn't help," Hermione told them.

"Can't hurt, though, right?" Ron asked.

"That's not even close to the point."
*GRINS!*
I love your dialogue, these kids are such a wonderful blend of canon and OC, but mostly they are just more like real people.
majere4 chapter 45 . 11/11/2021
Fun!
Empress... the basilisk?
majere4 chapter 44 . 11/11/2021
*happy sigh*
So much fun, just to relax with my favorite dragon. And he is, no other dragons come close to Harry, he's super wonderful.
majere4 chapter 43 . 11/10/2021
"
Harry had to try hard not to giggle when he described the werewolves gathering around a fire to sing one of their old songs, and June began singing from where she'd been hiding behind one of the desks.

It was certainly fun.
"
Seriously envious of having such a great GM!

I loved the way that Neville put Algie in his place without speaking a word - and his Gran was so smooth in her aiding and abetting! :D
CYB3R TR0LL chapter 102 . 11/5/2021
I don’t often post reviews at all. I prefer to just read. But I have to say that this is the single most calming, peaceful and fun story I have read on this site. I love the character depth and the humor, which is both actually funny as well as deep in culturalsocial significance! Thanks for the great journey and the enjoyment I’ve had!
The Jedi Potato chapter 78 . 11/1/2021
Hit them with to pointy end?
3,597 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »