Reviews for The Thrush Who Saved Laketown
CreativeSprite chapter 1 . 2/14/2004
This is interesting.
arabiasil chapter 1 . 5/25/2003
That was soo neat. I thoroughly enjoyed that story. It was well written and interesting. You are a very good writer. Keep it up. Wonderful writing. God Bless.

Arabiasil
Klose chapter 1 . 5/10/2003
Well, there you go. Meant to review this earlier, and was spurred on by that Mushroom fic of yours. ;)

It's so hard to find fics on The Hobbit (good fics, no less), and animal stories, even. The thrush is a curious character, and very adorable! Spoken not just like an bird, but a true grandfather! "You break my heart, little one…" Aww!

A first person narrative is hard to do, but this must be the best I've read. The thrush was really telling *me* the story!

I can find no flaws. :D
EruDaughter chapter 1 . 4/27/2003
"I was the Thrush that Saved Laketown."

You aren’t a Veggie Tales fan by any chance are you? This was great. I loved that last line: "Damn thing gave me indigestion." Oh my. By the way, you were right. It was Arwen.
Wunderlust chapter 1 . 4/27/2003
Muahaha!

Great "bird's eye view". Loved all the peoples of Middle Earth being called "walkers." Confused me for just a second, but then I caught on...

"That little round thing the dwarves brought with them." That's the most original description of a hobbit I've ever seen.
Aislynn Crowdaughter chapter 1 . 4/27/2003
Great story! I like the way it is told, and the way the view of trushs of us erthbound folk is given (Walkers...), and I especially like the style, in the way of tall tales all the elders seem to loke to tell their youngs.

Greatly done! Thank you!

Aislynn
San Antonio Rose chapter 1 . 4/27/2003
HEHE! Cute, thoughtful, and well done! Spoken like a true grandfather. :) And the commentary on "Walkers" was great.

Kudos!
Thalia Weaver chapter 1 . 4/27/2003
Jen-

That was absolutely teriffic. I can honestly say I haven't enjoyed a piece of fanfiction that much in months, at least.

You're a wonderful writer, and I can see the thrush lying back while his grandson listens. :) It's a cute, enjoyable piece, and- well, this is what all fanfiction should be: an interesting way of looking at things, that gives you a new insight into the books you enjoy reading. _ Awesome.

~Thalia
Kielle chapter 1 . 4/27/2003
*gurgles* So...cute...gah! One of those ideas that makes you smack yourself on the forehead and groan "WTF didn't *I* think of that?" Love it and am posting the link to my journal. PS: Followed you here from your plug in a certain MS community, so hey - it worked! (Like you could get away with casually dropping a phrase like "Arien/Olorin" and NOT pique my curiosity. ;)
Godforsaken chapter 1 . 4/27/2003
*applauds* Love it! You're hysterical.

(OT: I believe the past tense of "smite" is "smote", not "smited". or at some point it was.)
Christina chapter 1 . 4/27/2003
I can't believe this story has never been told before...

Wonderful retelling, wonderful voice. Not much to say about it... I usually lose my words in the face of brilliance such as this. My favourite bit is probably how the narrator compares the greedy dwarves to magpies.

I don't know if I am entitled to say this, but in my opinion, you have honoured Tolkien.