Reviews for For A Drink Of Water
frodo's girl chapter 1 . 7/8/2004
interesting
dokichan chapter 1 . 5/30/2004
well that was sad. Well written though. Hope you right more!
Elendraug chapter 1 . 7/20/2003
Excellent ending. You can really *feel* for Frodo - the pain of losing his parents is conveyed through this fic. The part at the beginning made me think of the Mirror of Erised: the Ring is making Frodo see what he desperately wants, but cannot have. And I just really liked this line: "addressing a mute and uninterested rock." It's more interesting than saying "said to himself." So *I* say, good job! _ And you did very well in writing about Sam, Frodo, and Smeagol. Don't doubt yourself, because you're a better writer at thirteen than I was. x-x Keep it up! May your life be blessed with Hobbits! (and maybe Johnny Depp, too. XD)

~*StarWolf*~
Pipsicle chapter 1 . 7/5/2003
Oh. That's really great. Do you think you could write more?
Reikah chapter 1 . 6/25/2003
Oh, I like this. I mean, if Sam had not had to struggle against the ring's power, that would have been utterly Sueish.
Purplefluffychainsaw chapter 1 . 5/16/2003
Thats really sweet. I love sam-gollum stuff.
HomemadeMagic chapter 1 . 5/7/2003
What an awesome story, Thalia. I've been meaning to read it ever since I saw the summary, but for some reason I didn't...

I liked the reason you gave Sam for wanting the Ring; I doubt I would've been impressed if he had gotten jealous or greedy, or something like that. But you didn't, and I'm VERY impressed with your characterization of Sam - he's one of my favorite characters of all times, and I like how you made him realistic and lovable, just like the book character.

I love his motives, and I guess it could be debatable whether the Ring would eventually corrupt him, or if his pure-ness of wanting it to destroy Sauron and help Frodo would keep him from being poisoned. But I suppose we'll never know.

One more thing...

SAM ROCKS!
Sleepy Jean chapter 1 . 5/5/2003
I liked it, Thals. :) I think you did just fine on Gollum's character especially. And poor Frodo... Not to mention poor Sam. *sigh* I can see where he'd want to take it to get rid of it for his friend.

Great job. :)
Failing Artist chapter 1 . 5/2/2003
-tear-

Very sweet, very sad - you're good at angst!

Excellent writing!
EldarWannabe chapter 1 . 4/30/2003
...wow...

That was really good. And I'm not just saying that to boost your ego. Although you wrote "Let it not be said that the Ring never tempted Master Samwise." but when he wanted it in the story, he wanted to help Frodo by taking it. (Even though you can argue that Sam was trying to mentaly cover up his own twisted desires, I prefer to beleive that Sam is good. I mean, he did mange to give up the ring later of his own accord, which is more then any other ringbearer managed to do (Bilbo was given Gandalf's help))

Great dream sequence. I never could figure out how authors managed to find perfect dreams to fit the moment, but there you are. You seemed to have done it.

Because this ficlet deserves way more reveiws then it appears to be getting, and I'm only one person...

Great fic, was really touched (honest and truly) and CONTINUE (to write. I think this fic stands wonderfully on it's own)
Gambit Gurl Isis chapter 1 . 4/27/2003
Thalia! You've gone and done it again! Blast you and your 'Mad Skills'.