Reviews for Let Someone Else Be God
mei chapter 1 . 6/1/2011
This is really the best poem I've ever read as a fanpoem. I love it so much. I love all the symbols you chose. Seriously, I've come back to read this thing like at least twenty times in my life, and I've thought about the lines "oh! to be human and be flawed! ... let someone else be god!"

Love it, love it, love it!

I can almost imagine a whole new story, like a Spirited Away sequel from this poem. These couple of lines are so incredible it beats all the other Spirited Away sequels I've tried to read.

It's so amazing how this awesome poem was inspired by Spirited Away. I guess poets have been doing that for a long time, like writing poetry about the Bible and stuff. But I wish more people knew about this. To really get this though, i guess they probably have to watch and love the movie to truly appreciate this. Though the lines "let someone else be god" are so universal. I love it.

You probably aren't here to even read this, but you're freaking AMAZING!
Mute Wordsmith chapter 1 . 6/12/2010
BEHOLD, the first ever poem I have favourited! Because it rhymes pleasingly. And also, you know, it makes sense. And it isn't soppy and like... over-wrought. Which makes no sense. I mean like... ostentatious! Or something.
Heise chapter 1 . 6/23/2009
hi.

This is the best poem fanfiction I have ever read in my life.

I think I love you.
littleclouds chapter 1 . 1/31/2009
oh, man... wow, this was so gorgeous!

I really loved it. And, oh, *man*, I love the feeling of... wonderful completeness and freeness it gives to me.

(wow, lots of ness, lol!)

but, wow, seriously, I just... Thank you
Treesah Quiche chapter 1 . 8/16/2005
This is so beautiful. It's light and fun and lilting, with a serious undertone - just like the movie itself! It sort of reminds me of the closing song in Spirited Away.
Naruke chapter 1 . 7/9/2003
I've seen the movie. It's so cool, isn't it? (But I still think Mononoke-hime is better!) .
raine7 chapter 1 . 7/1/2003
very good
Dragonflie chapter 1 . 6/17/2003
This is absolutely beautiful.
Goosey chapter 1 . 5/19/2003
Oh my gosh. *In awe* I love this! Especially the bit where it goes: So oh- to be mortal!/To be human and be flawed!/To live and die and pass away/And let someone else be God! Great lines, those are -
esotaria chapter 1 . 5/14/2003
Aw! I LOVE it! *swoons* I don't get the rhythem of "made and sworn to in a breath, despite the odds" line, and there are some places where I'd put an extra word to better fit the rhythem, but still...awesome work. I especially love:

So oh- to be mortal!

To be human and be flawed!

To live and die and pass away

And let someone else be God!

(of course, the "to be mortal" is where I'd put "to be A mortal", but yeah...those are my favorite lines. *swoons*)

Okay, I've swooned enough. You rock. _
Sol1056 chapter 1 . 4/29/2003
I'm not usually a rhyming poetry person, but there's something about this poem that I really like... unfortunately for critiquing, I can't put my finger on it. It has a sweet completeness to it.
Name chapter 1 . 4/29/2003
All I can say is... Wow.
that is secret chapter 1 . 4/28/2003
M, poetry from da Kitty. Yah! I like the images you have here, and it flows nicely. It kind of seems to be a bit of a Haku POV, but I'm not sure. . . who knows? ;-)
Carly chapter 1 . 4/28/2003