Reviews for The Truth's Been Told
lost-in-elysium chapter 1 . 7/28/2019
Wow! I really enjoyed this, especially since I prefer prose and avoid poetry at all costs. I always struggled with writing and analyzing it, but this was a joy to read. Nice cadence and the characterization was spot-on. I think only Lucy would have had the courage to tell Edmund the truth. I think the power of poetry is evoking emotions using few words, and you accomplished that here.

I found it very interesting you put betrayal in quotes. I think Edmund never intended to betray his family. He had a lapse in judgment (which I believe was caused by the Turkish Delights Jadis gave him) and could not have foreseen the consequences of his actions. He did have malicious intentions and acted petty; he never wished death on anyone!

I had always imagined Edmund living his life without ever knowing of the sacrifice Aslan made for him. I think that whole Jadis business was a very sobering experience for Edmund and he was well aware of the sacrifices of the Fox and the Narnians during the final battle in LWW, which I'm sure was painful enough. However, I believe Edmund recognized his worth as a person after so many risked their lives for him.

Excellent work!
Anonymousme chapter 1 . 4/1/2019
Yes, and not only that, in The Voyage of the Dawn Treader, Edmund states while talking to Eustace just after Eustace was undragoned that Aslan had once 'saved me and saved Narnia' so he probably knew then, and he definitely knew by the end of VoDT because the Star's Daughter asked at one point 'Do none of you know the Knife of Stone?' And Lucy said that she thought she might have seen something like it before, when the Witch stabbed Aslan on the Stone Table. And during this time Edmund had been looking more and more uncomfortable. Keep writing!