Reviews for The Fifth Wheel
tortureddreamer chapter 4 . 6/2/2008
i truely enjoyed the story from start to finish. i always hated how they never gave the alien rangers a back story in the show so your way of foreshadowing work really well
Eltarprince chapter 1 . 6/4/2006
Dry subject, ironic houmor for Aquitar. Also, the three worlds were Earth, Trinitar, and Aqitar, werent they. I beleave these shells are the future Battle Borg Coins.
Psycho Tangerine chapter 4 . 4/25/2005
This is excellent! Finally, a story that develops the characters of the Aquitian Rangers. I loved how you developed each character. I loved how you came up with a plausible way for Cestria to solve her problem at the end. I just loved it. You are such an excellent author :)
jenny chapter 4 . 12/22/2004
that was awesome! it was really clever how it all worked out. since the creatures had to survive in poisened water, then clean water was poisonious for them. and testing it on Cestria wouldn't do anything, since the water purposes are reversed. very clever.
Tsukino Akume chapter 4 . 2/5/2004
I absolutely love this. It's such a unique perspective on the Aquitar Rangers. I like how they seem to be very much like the original Earth team. And Cestria is adorable! She's so sweet and determined I can't help but like her. It's neat to see each of the Rangers with distinct personalities and relationship troubles. Finally, a fic that gives actual *life* to the Rangers of Aquitar! Very nice!
TallieCat chapter 4 . 10/11/2003
Wow, this story is wonderful! You've done a fantastic job with these characters. I really hope to see more soon! Keep writing!
Eva chapter 1 . 9/29/2003
I came here too because of Mandi's Fic Recs. Interesting story, well written, nice background about Aquitar. I enjoyed it very much.
James Austin Valiant chapter 4 . 9/28/2003
**whistles** Wow.

I started this story Friday, when I read about it in Mandi's Fic Recs, and I just couldn't stop reading it. Of course, there were those pesky, RL-ish type things to attend to, but I've finished it and I'm even more amazed than when I started it out.

The fleshing out of the Aquitians is a really nice touch, and I love the individual aspects of each of their characters. Tideus, Aurico and Cestro with their believable antics, Cestria's chosen occupation as a healer (which was like a great big duh! for me), and Delphine's royal heritage (perfect explanation for the sash). But what I liked most of all was Corcus' artistry. Art has always been one of my passions, whether it be writing or drawing, and it's pretty cool when I see those same passions reflected by such a talented writer.

Speaking of which, I love inventing PR lore, and the Five Lights back story was pretty cool. Everyone disbelieving the legend, until it was right in front of them. Ninjor had a nice role in it as well, and I dug the original villains. Hydro Hog not being able to create his own line of successful villains shows that there are *some* evil space aliens out there who have little proficiency in the vain effort of planet conquering.

Going back to the Rangers, I dug Delphine almost as much as I dug Corcus. Her regality strike me very well, as the story is painted vividly in my mind. The apprehension when she meets her parents, the flow of words between them being scripted...wonderful stuff. Speaking of speech, I found Cestria's use of 'common talk' quite amusing.

All in all, SilvorMoon, great job. This is definitely a fic worthy a re-read. Excuse me...
Mandolin chapter 4 . 9/25/2003
Okay, how on EARTH did I manage to miss this one for so many months?

Since I'm cheating and writing this review at work when I have to leave in 20 minutes, it's going to have to be shorter than I'd like.

You've really taken Aquitar and made it your own - filling in the gaps of the world we didn't see, while still making it plausibly a part of the PR universe. ("It's amazing what you can pick up with a few trans-dimensional spells and a good cable receptor." Heh. Silly, and I could just hear Ninjor saying that.)

Not to mention that I liked seeing the rest of the Aquitian Rangers aside from Cestro (who's the only one other fic writers seem to bother with) get some more development. And you also got me to like Cestria. It's hard to find her likably written or written with any depth due to the amount of anti-Billy/Cestria fic writers.

Last but not least: you didn't resort to a moment of Obvious Villain Stupidity to win the day. (That is, letting the prisoner stall, leaving her in the cell, et cetera, et cetera, et cetera.) I loved that.

I thought you'd quit PR fanfic entirely, and was delighted when I dug this up. But no, I am not going to demand sequels. I know better. If you do feel the inspiration to write PR fic anytime in the future, though, I'll definitely be reading it! :)
SilverRider chapter 4 . 5/21/2003
this one was really good. tom t it seems you caputred the characters really well, since i haven't seen any of their eps when they were on the PR show

I hope you will continue with this!
Dagmar chapter 4 . 5/21/2003
Lovely. Great story.

Now please finish the AU where Rocky is ... well, rocky? Hard up? Kinda stoned? *evil grin*
SilverRider chapter 2 . 5/7/2003
Aw the ending was soo touching, nearly had tears in my eyes. you have done a good job again.

By the way i love this line:

"You," said Cestro, "are an underdeveloped and badly designed excuse for a genetic experiment. Your mother should be ashamed."

keep up
Berzerkerprime chapter 1 . 5/3/2003
A kindred spirit! Yay! _

I like this story so far. Definately have a good grasp on story line. Keep it up!
SilverRider chapter 1 . 4/29/2003
OMG, this is awesome! You did an excllent job on this. Let's see waht you come up in the next Part.
The Afterlight chapter 1 . 4/29/2003
... ...

*glomps you*

(Translatatron 23k: He likes it.)