Reviews for Trip Down a Hill
Theworldsweakest chapter 34 . 8/17
I really enjoyed the idea of this story. That being said somethings that made me drop was calling the Toad summons frogs constantly even with Jiraiya correcting them once and then even calling them frogs himself later on. Also the fact that one of the Sound ninja’s names were Dale and one of the Sand’s named Candice. Seeing such western names really broke the immersion and I couldn’t continue after that. I loved the ideas and story premise but couldn’t get past those things.
Drax152 chapter 29 . 7/15
Oh ho? I'm not through the whole chapter yet, but is thia foreshadowing of Team 7 getting some training from Hiruzen?
Drax152 chapter 16 . 7/14
Naruto "Get Your Shit Together" Uzumaki
Drax152 chapter 10 . 7/14
"...he put 2 and 2 together. and got 8" Oh my god that's gold.
Drax152 chapter 1 . 7/14
This is some good writing. Finally, some good freakin food!
JadeDragon927 chapter 100 . 5/19
Such a great ending to the story. I especially liked what you did with the hill at the end and everyone gathering around. It felt very nostalgic for me.

I will say, quite cheesy here and there lol but all is fine. Hope you continue writing and have fun!
JadeDragon927 chapter 98 . 5/19
I'm confused now. Earlier it said Naruto and Jiraiya traveled outside the village to get to pain and that Zetsu teleported to them to get the Gedo statue. Then the gang came over to assist, and now it says they tore up the Training Ground 3 field?
JadeDragon927 chapter 90 . 5/15
It's interesting to see how forgiving a lot of the characters are in this. It might be a bit too forgiving, especially with Tsunade willing to grant full pardon and the jazz.

It also seems, to me at least, that some of the pacing here and there speeds up quickly then slows back down.

Having multiple, more than 5, characters in the same room while carrying a conversation is a difficult thing to do and not make it awkward but I feel as if you did a decent enough job with it so good job.
JadeDragon927 chapter 90 . 5/15

MelloKai chapter 64 . 5/13
So they really sent a group of Chunin after two S class ninja instead of actual Jonin? Why tho. And the nine-tails jinchuriki as well? What part of that makes sense ?
MelloKai chapter 57 . 5/10
Aha. So they did go back for the body. Seems maybe someone else when this was being generated maybe mentioned that point. Very enjoyable fic.
MelloKai chapter 56 . 5/10
I don’t usually review. But this doesn’t make sense. Generally bodies are retrieved? So it is actually unlikely that his body would have remained there. Kind of ironic given the whole original arc for Zabuza. But I appreciate the edgy angst you’re trying to create here.
JadeDragon927 chapter 60 . 5/6
Great idea with the puzzle! It really stumped me lol
JadeDragon927 chapter 57 . 5/5
Enjoying the story so far. Very interesting plot, especially the new events coming up this early. I have an suspicion that we're not going to get "adult" versions due to it already being chapter 57 and there's only 100.

It feels like the characters are more... mellow I guess? I'm not sure how to explain it, but it feels as if there's a bit of seriousness not there.

Now, about this chapter... I can see where the actions came from regarding two of the characters, but when Sakura continues to go on about "making the wrong choice" that doesn't make sense to me. Logically it's best to have someone close to a person that just lost a loved one to either watch them or console them. it's also common sense if you think about it. I don't know, her thought process on that kinds bugs me. BUT, if that's the purpose then coolio.
JadeDragon927 chapter 39 . 4/29
Very, very interesting so far.

I've gotta say, I'm starting to like Sakura a bit more now lol. I don't mind where she's going at this point and it's getting pretty juicy.

I like how Sasuke has a better, more compassionate, attitude now. Gives a more emotional tie to the story and characters. It's also interesting how you're developing his genjutsu abilities.

It feels like Naruto is permanently the dumb horse so to speak. The improvements he gets doesn't seem all that great compared to the duo, especially his intellect.

Loving the slight new plot so far!