Reviews for More to bread than stone: Angelo's Diary
Jaded Girl 83 chapter 1 . 12/26/2014
BEST. MEASURE FOR MEASURE. FANFIC. EVER! (And yes, that includes Sir William Davenant's play "The Law Against Lovers"...)
Angharad23 chapter 1 . 7/14/2010
I can't believe SOMEONE finally, finally, finally wrote a fic for "Measure for Measure". Yay x 1000! AND this is just too hilariously spot on.
Nawyn chapter 1 . 10/25/2007
This is too funny for words! I can't even count the number of times I literally burst out laughing. I know it's been years since you wrote this, but I'd love to see you do diaries for some of the other characters!
CodeNameCarrot chapter 1 . 7/28/2007
This is the only piece of Measure for Measure fanfic that I've found that I liked. Good job. (It's one of my favorite plays)
zouzou chapter 1 . 8/12/2005
yeah...

um, well yey for being the only Measure for Measure fanfic thingy. its nice to hear that there are other meaure fans out there in the world.

my little critism for this is that i personally feel that you didnt really give angelo that much... justice? you made him also seem like a iago type person (insulting people, wish the duke dead, etc.). sure, he is the "bad guy" of Measure for Measure, but i dont think he is completely "bad". i also think one of the greatest things about Measure for Measure is seeing changes and growth in characters like Isabella, Pompey, Duke Vincentio, and Angelo. i also think that the changes is one of the greatest things about Angelo. You know first, you see this very conserative, somewhat strict (well not somewhat) man who, when given the power to, will enforce these laws that nobody has or will care about. then Isabella enters the picture, and you see him almost lose control while being TORTURED with his feelings for her. i also dont think that Angelo was going to tell Isabel his feelings for her and was just going to leave it at your brother cannot live." but when she started to leave he wanted to keep her there longer and then one thing led to another and it just happened. then i think after Isabella *wink wink* has sex with him, he gets a little "what the hell am i doing?"-y and perhaps a little scared that Claudio will tell that he has him killed anyway *wink wink again*. and in the very end after everything is done with, hes not back to the old Angelo, but is now the most "normal" and honest Angelo possible after all of this who is sincerely sorry for all of the shit that he has put Isabel and some other people through, and in my opinion not only craves death more than mercy (or anything else for that matter) but really thinks that it is the only thing that he deserves for all the stuff that he has done.

i just think that you need to look a little more deeply into Angelo and think about how he feels and how he is trying to deal with things and what he would think is important or not. thats all.

okay, im sorry that was not a little critism. im sorry. i can get really carried away at times. thank you for reading to this point.

yey measure for measure!

zou zou
the10thmuse chapter 1 . 7/27/2004
Nifty! I liked it you should write more! Angelo is of course the best character in the play, so this was good. Thanx!
Martha Mindle chapter 1 . 2/13/2004
I'm going to quick, because I'm not overly sure what to say in a review, but I thought that was Fantastic! I studied M4M at A-Level and Angelo was always my favority character and the diary u drew up made me laugh so much!
Thank you!
textualsphinx chapter 1 . 9/25/2003
Oh wow, I never thought I'd find a fellow "Measure for Measure" fan(atic) amongst the endless Macbeth and R and J here!

Rather relieved I'm not the only person who, for some reason found Angleo 'sexy'. (Hey, so I was only 15 when I read it and he made Romeo look so DULL. He's tortured, he's intelligent, he gets the best one-liners next to Lucio.) For the record, Angelo works out it's his fault, not Isabella's, that he fancies her (Ha, Not she/ But it is I that, lying by the violet in the sun, do as the carrion does, not as the flower, corrupt with virtuous season".) Plus he fancies her cos she has a brain (She speaks, and tis such sense that my sense breeds with it).

This was hilarious, if not at all fair on Angelo (though I did love the bit about the act 4 soliloquy. He gets all the best soliloquies.)

What's the betting you're also a Snape fan?
Noodlejelly chapter 1 . 5/28/2003
Ha, am highly amused, makes me think that my a-level exam on 'measure for measure' will in fact be a gay old time spent telling boring examiner about the qualities of the lovely Angelo (of which there are many). In fact i must quuote this story as example of critical viewpoint, that'll confse evil examiners, especially if question is in fact on Duke. I loved this and as I've already pointed out, i was highly amused, well done
Anon chapter 1 . 4/28/2003
I believe this is the second Measure for Measure fanfic in existence. (Believe me, I've looked.) For that alone it would deserve praise. But it is good moreover. Was disappointed to see that it was a humor piece, want hot dramatic Angelo angst, but it manages the humor well.
Andrea Rimsky chapter 1 . 4/28/2003
O my god! This is great! And long overdo; I don't think I've seen any other Measure for Measure stories on here.