Reviews for The Great Dunsparce Apocalypse
AdamthePyromancer chapter 1 . 5/31/2019
I have absolutely no idea what compelled you to write this but I am so very glad that you did. Holy hell this was hilarious
NebulaDreams chapter 1 . 4/19/2019
Hello! My review of this has been long overdue, but on the whole, it was an entertaining read. Totta is freaking adorable throughout this fic. I love the idea of a Dunsparce potato farmer (even in a world populated by totally-not-Dunsparce), and you milk it for all it's worth here. I was immediately charmed by her work, the way she talks and speaks in hedged swears like 'Oh, pebbles', and her interactions with the other characters. She is likeable from the beginning, which makes it all the more funny and nail biting when the cosmic crap starts hitting the fan.

I was wondering where this was going in the middle bit, since Totta is a bit passive as she's being left from Dunsparce to Dunsparce, and it was a bit hard to keep up with what was going on. However, once the big reveal comes in and everyone turns back into their original forms, it all built to a satisfying conclusion and everything made sense in the end. Any more context would’ve ruined the surprise in the scope of this one-shot anyway. But after all that, it was pleasing to Totta get the leg up on all the Legendaries by making them repair the farm by hand. The way Yveltal throws a tantrum over it, of all Pokemon, is hilarious as well. It was also nice to see Arceus being somewhat honorable (unlike his HoC incarnation) and giving her the upgraded Tater Totter. So, yeah. Nice work.
cynsh chapter 1 . 4/8/2019
Well, uh... honestly, this was really well done. The plot was funny and entertaining in how ridiculous it was. Some of Totta's dialogue was fantastic - 'pebbles' as a curse is too perfect. When they were in the town, every townfolk being described as nothing other than 'a Dunsparce' was brilliant.

The only things that confuse me are 1) Dundun's presence in the story appeared to come out of nowhere, with no context. Perhaps that was intentional. And 2), if Arceus is Dundun, who's Dunsparce? Once I figured out what was happening, I was sure that was Arceus.

Maybe I'm thinking too hard about this. Anyway, good job
Chibi Pika chapter 1 . 4/5/2019
Finally, a humble one-shot has come along to singlehandedly correct one of the gravest cosmic injustices in the world of Pokemon fanfiction: the lack of proper Dunsparce representation. This story took one look at the state of things and said "nay, it is not merely enough to craft new Dunsparce entities to fill this gaping void." No, the only true retribution required it to transform the world around it.

And thus, for that one fateful day, we were all, in fact, Dunsparce.

...

Nah, but seriously, I love how you just plunk us into a World of Dunsparce with no context, and honestly, I would have accepted no context for a silly joke one-shot, but no, we got actual plot! I love the little bits of foreshadowing sprinkled throughout the hint at the fact that these people really Should Not Be Dunsparce (like Marble hating dirt and loving silk.) At first I thought Lightbringer was Arceus (nice twist on it being Dundun lol) so now I'm thinking maybe one of the Light Trio (not sure which one though.) My bet is that "Dunsparce" herself was Mew (psychic legend, usually shown as cheerful and the sort to save lives.) But correct me if I'm wrong!

Had a good laugh while reading this and I loved Totta getting a good and proper apology, complete with the legendary Tater Totter 3000. Masterpiece.
Gemini67 chapter 1 . 4/4/2019
did they really just started defending Farla?

Whatever a troll is a troll no matter how many cultists she makes.
GenX567 chapter 1 . 4/4/2019
It's not bad when your warned of Farla and St.
ExplosiveTurkey chapter 1 . 4/4/2019
Hey you, you’re finally awake. You were trying to cross the border right? Walked right into that—

Wait, wrong copypasta. Hold on a second…
Found it!

Hey, welcome. So look a warning given you are writing a Pokemon story. Farla, St Elmo's Fire, Talarc, Spencer841, Handle Criticism Maturely, JoshTheWriter and a few others are known bullies on this site who review only to destroy stories and promote drama.

…God, even as a joke, that hurts to put in a 'review'. But since this story is an April Fool's shitpost (or is it?) I don't feel too bad.
RayDaquaza chapter 1 . 4/4/2019
What a beautiful, exceptional piece of literature! I found myself at the edge of my seat throughout the story, wondering just what would happen next to out lovely Potater Farmer! Totta is so cute I couldn't even. Many, many times. You want my heart to explode, right? Was this entire story a clever way to murder ol' sensitive me without anyone knowing?

Ahem. The plot. In short, I dug it. ...Okay, okay, I'll say something of more substance. I'll also try not to spoil it for anyone reading this.

I actually just realized I can't really talk about the story without spoiling it. So, I guess I kinda have to just say I thought Totta was adorable, the plot surrounding her was a lot cooler than I expected (as well as hilarious), and that she really needs a hug by the end of the story. She is WAY out of her depth. And not the least of which because she isn't buried in the mud and tending to her taters as she loves to do.

The ending made me chuckle. Very fitting! Totta is a smart girl for deciding on the form of repayment she did. A lecture from a Dunsparse potato farmer, ha! I now want to hug her even more than before!

All in all, this was a fun, creative story! I love it!
Just-A-Reader0Love chapter 1 . 4/3/2019
Great work! A simple dunsparce potato farmer gets her day turned upside down and all around. And also ... you gotta love the Tater Tottter 3000. Also Arceus is best Dundun. Have a great day!

music:
Buy Somethin' Will Ya! - Earthbound
Time Restored - Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time & Darkness

Keep up the great work!
General Lemarc chapter 1 . 4/1/2019
I was very confused as to the point of this story until I realized what day it is. ...Wait, I'm reading this on April 2nd. Great, now I'm even more confused.
Fire4Heaven chapter 1 . 4/1/2019
[don't know what the hell happened in this story. It's damn difficult to follow.

However, it was an entertaining read nonetheless. The ridiculousness of dunsparce gods gave me a good chuckle.]

To translate he actually hated the story and gave a lie in hopes to gain your trust before attacking you.
JoshTheWriter chapter 1 . 4/1/2019
I'll be completely honest. I don't know what the hell happened in this story. It's damn difficult to follow.

SunMoon6798 chapter 1 . 4/1/2019

They will push their believes down your throat, demand you redo your story to fit their wants and no, they are the super minority and hated by the fandom. They also tend to post pms publicly so responding to them is ill advised.

They start off with a disclaimer about honestly thinking it would help. It doesn't they want you to be screwed over as they complain about trival nonsense that got their panties in a twist.

They think Pokemon is slavery. That you should capitalize the way they want, fyi Pokemon names are not species names and that's been officially recongized in modern English. So yes it's correct to capitalize Pikachu for instance. Oh, and they give out false dialogue formatting (It's "Hello," She said dialogue is a seperate sentence). Spend time putting out a text block of non issues that are not going to help you. Don't get me started on Arceus.

What's worse is they all try to pass it off as them being critics in their reviews. Any review with it in the begining should be ignored if you get it.

Oh and if they say that they are being bullied. Know that they are lying as they been doing it too this fandom for years now and are just pissed that a group are working to stop it. The admins told them to knock it off.

If that's not enough on my profile is proof its utter nonsense. oh and if there is a guest reviewer titled "Take Down Hybrid" know that is's actually Handle Criticism Maturely the biggest of all of Farla's supporters and an utter troll who only doing this shit because Hybrid gave her criticism. The girls gone off the deep end and into complete insanity.

Best to remove it.

Speaking of them they had twice agreed to stop but don't. Even after being told to stop by the admins, their friends, and even random strangers. Right now they are somehow convinced that Hybrid, a woman, is a man.

If they claim they have proof don't. Its all utter nonsense land they been told by the admins to take it down