Reviews for Hymn For A Medic
Blonde-Existentialist chapter 1 . 12/14/2005
That was very well done. Completely impartial and from an outside perspective that had no relation to the series or the events whatsoever, it still managed to be thought-provoking and insightful. It maintains indepedannce, but still leaves questions and thoughts about the series. Nice.
semtester chapter 1 . 5/29/2005
Excellent in so many ways.

Simple yet evocative. And so very Bebop that it makes me want to watch the entire series all over again even though I know what is waiting for me at the end.

Congrats on a job well done and thank you for bringing it all back.

Respectfully ~ P.
k0t0r0 chapter 1 . 12/28/2004
Not sure exactly what to say.. I like it a lot. It's certainly very different from the usual, but changes are good. Erm.. Yeah. Me gusta!
Starzki chapter 1 . 7/26/2004
This was one of the first CB fanfics I read on this site and it has always stayed with me. I've worked in and around hospitals for years and you hit some of the feelings of medics right on. Brilliant job. I especially like the outside point of view on Session 26. -S.
authenticpoppy chapter 1 . 4/19/2004
Wow. That was absolutely heartwrenching. Thank you.
"He got cut wide open, bleeding to death. And yet, he tried to walk away."
Where was he going? He walked down the stairs. I'd forgotten that. Now I am crying all over again.
What an absolutely beautiful story. Thank you for writing it.
Rosebud chapter 1 . 10/12/2003
Beautiful, comepletely breath-taking and Bebop-esque in its tone.

I thoroughly enjoyed seeing what happened after session 26 through the eyes of someone completely third party...someone who knew nothing of these two men and was still affected, deeply might I add. Pure Genius. Spike looking calm...and how the medic noticed his walking down the stairs..."where was he going"? Beautiful.

Thank you so much for sharing this brilliant piece of work with us.
Stefanie Dale chapter 1 . 8/11/2003
Wow... *sobs*

Interesting point of view. How does a complete stranger view the after-events of what happened? I enjoyed this (and am now in a very Cowboy Bebop mood _~). Good work! Simon and Emily are lovely characters and it was very neat to see the results of Session 26 through the eyes of a bystander.
Autophage chapter 1 . 5/7/2003
Yes. This was different. Original. Well written. Good literary devices. Harsh cold reality. That noir that Bebop holds for its serious moments. Well-done.
Mossygirl chapter 1 . 5/2/2003
Just from the preview I could guess this story is something else, and it definitely is. I can't tell you how wonderful it is to read Bebop fanfiction that's NEW and DIFFERENT. I would have never thought about a paramedic's view of the end of CB, but I really like the angle you give it. And even with such a short piece you gave insight into your characters, and into those of Spike and Vicious, just from how their bodies looked. I just have to say it- WOW. Great job.
Eysabelle Perfume Holmes chapter 1 . 4/29/2003
Quiet and sad. Reminds me a bit of "Musee des Beaux Arts" by W. H. Auden. I appreciate the irony (to we, the readers) in this:

"'... you shouldn't care so much. Not about people like them.' Her expression changed to one of solemnity, 'I can guarantee you nobody else will.'"
teethlikedog chapter 1 . 4/29/2003
Well, your hope has been realised...this is DEFINITELY different. And if your other hopes were for it to be original, well-written, interesting and downright GOOD, then those have been realised too.

This is a really nice piece. As you say, there have been lots of takes on what happened after session 26, most (all?) of them focusing on the remaining Bebop crew members and their reactions. But the idea of a complete stranger coming across this scene and wondering about the whys and wherefores of the massacre is a really interesting idea. I especially liked Simon's comments on the way Vicious and Spike died...

"I just wonder...Where was he going?"

That line actually gave me a shiver! It's very much in the CB style - the kind of line you could imagine one of the show's characters to say. All in all, very impressive work! _
Lady Razorsharp chapter 1 . 4/28/2003
This was beautifully done. Bravo, Bravo.
Alien Tigren chapter 1 . 4/28/2003
Ah, very refreshing, seeing the event through someone elses eyes. Actually Simon reminds me a little bit of myself. I'm not a paramedic, and I've definately not seen as much bloodhshed and horror. But in a way I've sort of been through his shoes. So I guess this is somewhat personal for me. It was a nice take, and well written. Good job.
Sonya chapter 1 . 4/28/2003
Well, this was definitely different that most post session 26 fics, that's for sure. It was refreshing seeing the aftermath of the battle through someone else's eyes and I liked the image he painted of Spike being peaceful in death, unlike Vicious who died in agony.

This sentence esp. was wonderful: "The death had radiated from them, like petals about the heart of a blood- red flower."

Good job! :)