Reviews for Broken
SallyDog3 chapter 42 . 11/17
Damn. That happy ending made me ugly cry!
dazzled eyes22 chapter 43 . 8/14
Thanks for this conclusion to Edward and Bella’s lovely story. It’s great to hear how their life in London fared over the past year. That house saw it allthe happy times and the not so happy times. I loved their moments with Jay and how he has fit into their growing family. They have taken this young boy into their hearts and will be there to support him with this new stage of his life with his mom.

Though this epilogue does feel like Bella and Edward get the back seat to Alice’s journey when they should have been the feature.

I’m glad Alice asked her brother for that walk and tried to explain what’s been happening and her plans for the future. If their relationship is ever going to work, they both need to get past the animosity and truly listen to each other. It’s such a relief to hear her admission about her role in destroying Bella’s marriage and why she wanted her life. It doesn’t change the pain she caused, but I can see how she interpreted the loss of her only champion in her twisted logic on That Day.

It’s also good that Alice finally let Jasper go. Truthfully, she got her just desserts where Jasper was concerned. There was no foundation for them to recapture and build on. He never loved her. I’m just thankful Jay wasn’t around that mess and she didn’t kill Jasper. LOL. I hope she makes a brand new start and finds her happily ever after.

I’m glad Alice is ready to embrace her role as Jay’s mother, but it does worry me that she wants to take him back on her own after just a few visits. Why didn’t she stay in London and slowly integrate herself back into Jay’s life with her brother’s family nearby? They could have all worked on getting along for Jay’s sake before everyone left for New York. That abrupt change could cause him unnecessary confusion, hurt, and resentment. She’s not acting in his best interest. It’s more like she’s declaring her status as his mother.

Would love an outtake to see how all this worked out for Jay, Alice, and Edward’s family, if so inclined.
dazzled eyes22 chapter 42 . 7/20
It’s a good time for Edward and Emmett to leave the CDC to open a consulting firm. They’re both ready for the next phase of their lives.

Thanks for showing that Edward has some good memories of his sister from their childhood. It sounds like Alice missed her big brother. She probably felt abandoned after he left for college and acted out. Carlisle and Esme should have stepped up and made that transition easier for her. That’s very sad.

I love how the moment Edward called Alice by her nickname it got her attention. Sorry but her actions up until now would make anyone question whether she loves Jay enough to give him the childhood he deserves. She seemed to focus only on her own happiness. I’m glad she did the right thing by letting Jay go with his uncle. Hopefully, she can make her final break from Jasper and join her son in London.

Love how both boys are embracing the impending arrival of baby Grace. The reveal of their plans to marry when the family arrives for Christmas was rather lackluster, especially after all the build-up in the last chapter.
dazzled eyes22 chapter 41 . 7/19
Glad Edward and Bella are considering the damage being done to young Jay’s life. He may fit perfectly in their small family, but is it right when it comes at such a cost to him? They have to try to get through to his parents for his sake.

It’s a shame Bella and Edward have opposing views on marriage even after therapy. I’m hoping she was being sarcastic when talking about how her newly engaged ex-roomie will change because she was harsh. Bella didn’t even pick up on the signs that Edward envies their friends and wants to call her his wife. I wonder what changes her opinion.

I loved how Edward provided comfort to a distraught Bella before attending to a crying Masen. She needed a partner to work through the disappointment from the pregnancy test. She’s used to dealing with it on her own. I’m hoping the in-vitro grants them the little girl that completes their family.
dazzled eyes22 chapter 40 . 7/15
Thanks for showing what happened in Edward’s confrontation with Jasper. I don’t know how Alice stays with this jerk after hearing his explanation of That Day and their relationship. He takes no responsibility for his actions, but he’s just like Alice. Maybe that’s their problem.

How dare does Jasper even think he has any rights when it comes to Bella?! He was going upstairs to talk to her when she made herself very clear in Forks that she has moved on and wasn’t interested in a reunion with him. Edward has every right to defend his family and remind Jasper where his attention should be.

Jasper thinks he has been left with nothing? What about his son? Poor JJ. His parents are horrible, selfish people who don’t appreciate what a gift he is.

I’m glad Edward got this off his chest. It’s good that Bella understood this time, though he shouldn’t have to apologize for his need to protect those he loves.
dazzled eyes22 chapter 39 . 7/11
I love how Edward and Bella include JJ in their family unit. He’s great with Bella and his newborn cousin. It was also nice to see how the new parents juggle life with a crying newborn.

Alice may be disappointed that Jasper’s focus is on Bella yet again, but getting drunk wasn’t a good solution. Once again, she gives no thought to her son. Edward knows Alice's happiness will directly lead to a better life for JJ. She wants someone to care about her, but she just can't see her son could be that someone. Though the way she treats him now, JJ may love his Aunt Bella more. What a sweet revenge that would be? LOL

I never realized Jasper was walking up the stairs. I don’t think he saw Edward go up. He probably thought he was still in the kitchen with Alice. Yeah, he was hoping to catch Bella alone. Edward, go get him!
dazzled eyes22 chapter 38 . 7/10
It’s great to see Bella and Edward have fun with their friends.

Thanks for showing how Emmett and Makenna got together. They seem like a great fit. I enjoyed the flashback to Edward and Emmett’s talk in the hospital. I’m glad everything worked out with Leann and Emily, and they were able to keep everything quiet.

Poor JJ once again suffered from his parents’ neglect. It’s a relief that he has his Uncle Edward. I’m glad Bella was able to calm him at the baby shower and invited him into the party and her heart.

The butterfly has opened its wings. Welcome, Masen Edward.
dazzled eyes22 chapter 37 . 7/10
I enjoyed Bella and Edward’s reunion from his POV. He wouldn’t be Edward without him wanting to protect Bella and their baby from the germs around him and the hospital, or feeling guilty that he messed up her tour. It’s good she quickly reassured him that all was okay and made him promise to take better care of himself.

The kiss to her stomach was the sweetest gesture of love for her and his new role as a father. Just love this man. Swoon-worthy.

Bella and Edward are so happy in love months later as they await their baby’s kick, though it seems the talk of marriage brings up some tension between them. They’re not on the same page. Edward feels hurt and maybe rejected. It sounds like Bella may be still wary of marriage opting instead to stay in their happy bubble for now.

So relieved to hear that Tommy recovered and is doing well. It’s also good that Edward has continued to spend time with his nephew, who now sees him as a hero for saving his friend.
dazzled eyes22 chapter 36 . 7/6
Thanks for Edward’s POV of him slowly gaining consciousness and understanding the CHAOS theory and butterfly metaphor. That was an adorable outtake.
dazzled eyes22 chapter 35 . 7/6
Emmett has done a good job of advocating for his pal with the doctors and their boss. I like that he defied Leanne’s orders and called Bella anyway, so she could be by Edward’s side. If he didn’t, it looks like Esme would have insisted.

Tommy seems to be the key to helping Edward better, and it’s great that Esme had the information they needed. Hopefully, the little guy will get the vaccine and feel better soon.

I get that Alice is family, but why would Carlisle insist she be there when he knew Bella was on her way? SMH. She could have come another day. By the way, who’s watching young JJ? Jamie, I guess.

Still can’t get enough of Bella telling off Alice or Alice’s reaction to Bella’s news. Awesome!

Love how Emmett doubts Bella’s devotion and the meaning of true love when she can’t go into the hospital room, but all that’s restored when she safely finds a way to talk to Edward and reveals her condition.
dazzled eyes22 chapter 34 . 7/4
It's good Emmett was there when a very delirious Edward wandered into the lab, so he can get him the medical attention he needs. Poor Edward. I'm curious what was the gift Edward planned to give Bella.
dazzled eyes22 chapter 33 . 7/4
Thanks for showing how bad Edward was feeling when he spoke to Bella about her health symptoms. It’s good he got Bella to agree to see a doctor, but he should have taken his own advice.

Oh, Edward. He’s getting worse but still extrapolating. Tommy’s mom must not have gotten him vaccinated. It looks like Edward is putting the pieces together to realize Bella’s condition.

Though the headline of this chapter was Edward overhearing this conversation between his parents. Why would Esme seriously agree to this plan? His mistress gets paid child support to stay in the kid’s life, while they raise her. SMH. I’m surprised she let Carlisle talk her into this with a memory of their dead child. No wonder Alice is a mess. Esme should have taken Edward and bounced.
dazzled eyes22 chapter 32 . 7/4
It’s good Edward wasn’t out in the field with his symptoms, but it sucks that he can’t take the vaccine now that he’s sick. I hope we get to see Emmett and Makenna meeting.

Shaking my head at Alice taking Jasper back. Knew it happened but still. Ahh!

Edward and Bella might eventually have to deal with Alice and Jasper, but no need to rush it or treat it like it’s okay. I loved how Esme didn’t let Edward dismiss away his comment about Alice. Carlisle and Esme should have handled her better growing up.

It was nice of Edward to ask the little boy’s mom if he could put him in the swing. Eww! Little Tommy coughed on Edward. That was gross. It’s good he was vaccinated. Maybe that’s what made Edward’s cold worse.
dazzled eyes22 chapter 31 . 7/4
Thanks for another great chapter.

Finally, Alice gets to why she dropped this bombshell at her brother’s door. Loved their confrontation. It was a relief to learn Alice is not naive about Jasper or their father. She may feel betrayed by her brother not defending her on that fateful day, but I’m so glad Edward told her that she wasn’t the victim in that lobby. Alice needs to see she caused the harm there.

I like that Edward got angry and vented on his sister’s tirade. Alice doesn’t see her son as the blessing he is. He’s just how she’s holding on to his father when it’s obvious he doesn’t want her. Alice may acknowledge what great a father Edward would be thinking Bella can’t have children, but it’s so satisfying that Edward will have the last laugh there.

As much as I’m all there for girl power, I didn’t agree with Bella stopping Edward from confronting Jasper. She is not the only reason Edward has to be agitated with him. Jasper has been warned that he was messing with Edward’s family, even threatened with jail, so he knew the consequences. Bella’s talk with him and Edward’s beating him up don’t stop another confrontation with Jasper. They just weaken Edward’s mental health, as he continues to repress his anger instead of working through it.

Once again, Carlisle causes a bigger problem thinking he knows best. I had a feeling he was helping Alice more than hurting Edward. Can’t believe Carlisle thought after everything Bella would take Jasper back. Ugh! Neither Alice or Jasper will be with their son on the holiday. Glad Edward confirmed to his mom that he worked things out with Bella and spoke to JJ.
dazzled eyes22 chapter 31 . 7/4
Thanks for another great chapter.

As much as I’m all there for girl power, I didn’t agree with Bella stopping Edward from confronting Jasper. She is not the only reason Edward has to be agitated with him. Jasper has been warned that he was messing with Edward’s family, even threatened with jail, so he knew the consequences. In the end, neither Bella’s talk with him and Edward’s beating him up before stop another confrontation with Jasper. They just weaken Edward’s mental health, as he continues to repress his anger instead of working through it.

4,562 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »