Reviews for The Way of Vengeance
aelfgifu chapter 14 . 5/16/2003
What a great end to a great story! But now I am curoius-because you did not specify-what exactly did happen to bramblethorn" How was he "displayed"? Just curious! I will be sad to see this end-and the pic from the story-of-so incredible! I dabble in art, but the one from you story by Trillah was just amazing!

-Emma
SewSewDef chapter 14 . 5/16/2003
Must...try...to...contain...self...too adorable...must squeal really, really loud...E! Aw, I love Sam. If Frodo weren't so busy hugging him, I would. I LOVED the end (but of course I would, pervy slash fancier that I am), and it was just soo heart breaking, I just loved it. Once again, the "to be continued" is always a good sign. I will be sad when this ends. But then, on to other things, I suppose! Huzzah!

~ZoSo~
Aratlithiel1 chapter 14 . 5/16/2003
'Sam looked at Frodo, praying silently that he would never see his beloved master's face bruised again, or hear Frodo whisper his name in that hoarse, broken voice.'

Ah, poor Sam. Little does he know. Well, I got my wish for angst, now I want...MORE angst. Only because you do it so well. As always, looking forward to the next chapter. Is your sequel done yet or still in the idea stage?
misstook1420 chapter 14 . 5/16/2003
Aw! Guardian Angel Sam. _

-Misstook
TTTurtle chapter 14 . 5/16/2003
Another great chapter :)

Here's an idea if not a plotbunny...how about a story where Sam gets into trouble (some Sam angst would go down well! :) )And it could be Frodo who is the rescuer and the strong one that Sam turns to! After all, just because Frodo is thin does not mean he is not courageous and would not do anything to save Sam...

It could be before or during the quest...

I would love such a story, and many others seem to like stories where Frodo shows some spirit...are ideas jumping around in your head now?

I love this story and don't want to wait weeks for weeks while the plot bunny finds your address. If you like the idea but want an actual plot...I will keep thinking!
Frodo Baggins1982 chapter 14 . 5/16/2003
Awe, I love Sam. Lovely chapter. Specially Sam and Frodo on the couch. Very moving. Now the fun should begin tomorrow. Oh, great use of the Tomatoes line! Now we know where Sam learned it from, lol. I would throw the tomato anyway though cause I don’t like tomatoes...but that is beside the point. Anyway, great chapter!

~Frodo~
TTTurtle chapter 13 . 5/16/2003
I was about to lament that the chapter was too short when I realised that there was another chapter for me (due to me being out last night).

So I happily got to read two chapters...and that has somewhat satisfied my appetite.

I am glad that they are just kicking him out...not that I like him at all, but you never know what other stories he might turn up in?

Sad to see this story winding down. Have enjoyed every word!

I hope you have more stories in the pipeline...having a story to curl up with in the evening is so nice! And Frodo stories are my favourite :)
endymion2 chapter 13 . 5/16/2003
Too bad that this chapter posted in the morning, I had no chance to read it coherently with the children dashing in and out, and have no time to reread it.

This was a very quiet chapter, after all the action we went through.

„having been a prisoner myself, I cannot in good conscience condemn another to a similar faite“... so unrevengeful, I think I'd rather join Sam (he'll blame himself FOREVER) when it comes to B.

We want more!
SewSewDef chapter 13 . 5/15/2003
"If love can heal you, Mr. Frodo, I give you mine," he whispered. "Every last bit of it, too."

GAH! *dies, then gets back up, only to faint dead away once again*...Amazing. I am so giddy after reading this, it just melts my heart. Sam is so loyal, wathing over his Frodo like that. I hope he is justly rewarded. Yep. And I also hope Bramblethorn is justly punished...doesn't he know that Frodo belongs to Sam! It's clearly labeled somewhere on here...*attempts to find "Property of S.G." somewhere on Frodo, and fails* Oh well. He is anyway. I was very glad to read the "to be continued" thingy at the bottom, I want Frodo to get all reasted and whatnot, and then find out what happens. Anywho, keep writing! Yay!

~ZoSo~

P.S. Congradulations on over 100 reviews! Woohoo!
Frodo Baggins1982 chapter 13 . 5/15/2003
YAY! It finally posted!

Frodo is safe and healing! This was a very moving chapter and I think my favorite part was where Merry, Sam and Frodo were on the main road waiting for Pippin to return. I liked the image of Frodo laying in Sam’s lap and Sam petting his curls. The comfort each other gives to one another is so well depicted in this story. One more chapter, how sad. Wa...

~Frodo~
misstook1420 chapter 13 . 5/15/2003
Aw... Sam, do you know how precious you are? Aww. *huggles him*

_

-Misstook
Aratlithiel1 chapter 13 . 5/15/2003
God, I just love this story! All of your characters (except Bramblethorn, of course) are just wonderful. It would be so like Frodo to not want to inflict bad treatment on the creep. And so like Sam to wish he could do it himself. I love that you alluded to Merry brawling - I've always imagined him as the bar-fight type if you got him riled. Lokking forward to all kinds of Frodo angst and recovery.
map chapter 12 . 5/15/2003
All good stories must come to an end. It looks like you're wrapping up. Very well done, you had me looking forward to each new chapter.

I hope you keep RB for another story later (you have created an excellent villain). Perhaps he could go to Bree (don't all depraved hobbits end up in Bree). There he could have accomplices and you might even be able to incorporate the Ring and/or Aragorn.

I look forward to your work in the future. You have TALENT. Again, excellent work.
aelfgifu chapter 12 . 5/14/2003
SAm is so very brave here! And the part where Sam finds Frodo-it was so touching! Iloved the fight scene-I have a big Merry/Sam fight scene that I hope comes off half as well as yours! And isn't it fun to think of great lines for Sam? Oh-update! I'll be sorry to see this come to an end-or is it?

BTW-my beta just posted another story that will just knock your socks off-I pale incomparison to her talents-it's called Sammuth Naur (Its under Frodo-rated G) and it is what goes through Forod's head at Mount Doom-read and review-because I think she is a great writer that should be WRITING more and not just my lowly beta!

Great story! Does it ever have to end?

-Emma
amc623 chapter 12 . 5/14/2003
aw. *sniffle* that was so sweet. I am so glad they found him alright. Heh, I was practically laughing when Merry and Pip burst in like that. But, of course, it had to be up to Sam to finish him off. This was wonderful, beating up on the bad guy. Can't wait for more!

~AC~