Reviews for Blackavar's Gift
Guest chapter 1 . 4/9/2018
I'm only on this chapter, but I suspect he simply died of old age. Rabbits rarely live to the point where their bodies simply stop; so they don't know why it happened.
Keeralie Starflight chapter 14 . 8/26/2013
A touching and interesting tale I must say. Enjoyed it immensely, and although i never would have guessed at the ending. twas a great one.
WTFerpated4life chapter 1 . 5/27/2009
jesus CHRIST all mighty!... sorry had to get that out of my system. Amazing. At first the summary didn't catch my eye, but at least you aren't over personifying the rabits to an extent where they arehumans in a rabbits boddy.

i am actually impressed. I just needed some decent fiction to get over my like.. lack of what to do with myself. i jsut finished the sequal to watership down the book, and im kinda of lost. Also waiting for the fourth Eragon book lol

hurray for proper context!
wdobsession chapter 1 . 1/22/2008
I'm never going to look at the book the same way again. This was such a powerful piece of writing, it brought a tear to my eye thinking of how great the book was, and how great justice this fanfic does it. Not only did you _nail_ the writing style, you touched on things that Adams, for some reason, wouldn't go near: the relationship of Hazel and Hyzenthlay, the possibility of dissatisfaction in the warren, etc. It was all incredibly thrilling.

There were only two things I found disappointing. Everything else was perfect.

1. Did anyone else shake their head and mutter "Deus ex machina..." when Stitchwort died? I'm sorry, but that was such an exciting segment of the story, and this was a cheap and abrupt way to end it.

2. The ending was stunning, but unfortunately weak. You also never explained what came over Stitchwort that made him run into the road, or if it had anything to do with the other elements of the story.
Hunter Stag chapter 14 . 11/27/2007
El-ahrairah himself...and Bluebell and Blackavar gone before they're even rescued...This would knock Adams for quite a turn. You have a really good author in you.
Mordaunt chapter 1 . 4/30/2007
Outstanding, in style, vocabulary, and a knowledge of your subject book. I love it.
Moriko no Hikari chapter 14 . 4/13/2007
Long live the Great Prince!
James Jago chapter 14 . 1/6/2006
Wow!
Sholio chapter 14 . 6/12/2005
I went away for a while from and when I came back, I was pleasantly surprised to find that this story was finished! What a delight! You do such a perfect job of capturing the language, tone and spirit of the books. Everyone is wonderfully in character, from Fiver to Bigwig and all points in between. My only complaint is the last chapter seemed weak compared to the others - there was something kind of sudden about it, as if the story was going along merrily and then suddenly slammed to a halt. They were never really in danger, so the suspense was a bit of a letdown at the end, and it also seemed odd to me for El-ahrairah to have been ... well, jerking them around all this time. But the piece that did fit perfectly was the revelation about Bluebell having died back at the warren, and Rabscuttle being sent to keep Holly alive on the overland trip. It sent shivers down my spine, because it seemed so very ... right.
Moriko no Hikari chapter 13 . 5/19/2005
Um,Loganberry,there seems to be something wrong with Chapter 14,I can't connect to you can fix it?
clara200 chapter 14 . 4/21/2005
Wow El-ahrairah appears.
Antiquity chapter 14 . 3/31/2005
Wow, that was a great twist at the end, never expected it! _ A really excellent story, you're a great writer _
RogueFanKC chapter 14 . 3/29/2005
Loganberry, first off, I wished to say congratulations on finishing your story. It was a wonderful effort and I can't believe how quickly time had passed by when you first stared this.

Now, on to the story. To tell you the truth, I was a little annoyed to see that Vernal was really El-ahrairah because I thought it was a bit anticlimatic, but the more I read and pondered over it, the more I realized that it was actually a pleasant twist, and that this story is appropriately titled "Blackavar's Gift", except it wasn't really Blackavar but El-ahrairah. Still, I was pained to see that Bluebell had actually died and that Rabscuttle took his form so that he could help Holly. Actually, so the warren was never in any REAL danger, was it?

I'm very glad you finished this tale, and I hope to hear about your next story you put in your Livejournal account. Thank you. )

U vahra ma, rusati ma, ven atha ma. _
Stoneage Woman chapter 14 . 3/27/2005
Very, very well done. Your work is beautiful. Seriously. This story is so true to "Watership Down" that it does that book justice. I like this story, and hope to read more of your work sometime. I'm adding this to my fave's. Keep up the great work!
BlazeRabbit chapter 14 . 3/26/2005
Great golden Frith on a hill! I have always wished that you would finish this story so I could see what happened!

It is brilliant!