Reviews for A Lover's Lament
Alan wannabe chapter 1 . 5/10/2011
Oh, the sadness of those years! I worked as an AIDS volunteer, and I was surprised when this film came out! It's frankness and loving portrayals! I really do think that this would have been Miguel's choice, as it was mine when I lost my lover to a bad dose of insulin on the way to drive to work. Unhappily, I chose to live. I somehow think that is what Antonio Banderas would have chosen. I doubt that many people on this forum are old enough to remember the anguish and loss of the 1980's when our 'beloved' President could not bring himself to utter the word AIDS or even acknowledge its existence. And we all lost so many talents to that time! Now I write as Alan on the Boston Legal site, and I often see Alan as Andy in many ways. Thank God someone is still moved by the film!
wormyisdead chapter 1 . 1/20/2010
Great story
Gilana1 chapter 1 . 5/29/2008
This was sad and beautiful, although short. I would have liked to see some expansion, but it was good nonetheless, and very appropriate. I can totally see Miguel thinking this after losing Andy.
g0shawk chapter 1 . 1/11/2008
Just watched this movie - so sad! Nice story, I like how you didn't say which path he chose.
Ragged Claws chapter 1 . 1/17/2006
You captured the drama of Miguel's passionate character brilliantly. You also left me hanging - and I love it.
Goldengel chapter 1 . 12/23/2005
I watched Philadelphia only a few minutes ago and I was so impressed by Miguel, how he handled Andy's death and that he stayed strong till the end. He didn't cry and made it all easier. But I like that you wrote about what's not seen in the movie. How it's not seen that Miguel suffers from his lover's death. It was really good written.

(It would've been easier to read though, if you had made some paragraphs.)
Sasha chapter 1 . 7/27/2005
Wow, that is really sad. Very good, you are extremely talented!
purplemistrain chapter 1 . 7/9/2005
This was sad, it really made me wonder what he chose in the end. ..I still want to know anyway of telling me?
empath89 chapter 1 . 4/8/2005
wow...that was really touching. i just watched the movie...really didn't have time before...and i was going crazy trying to find a fic...and i found one that i think i fell in love with. luv it...the format was making it hard to read...but other than that...perfect!
Petty chapter 1 . 3/5/2005
Great job, it touched me deeply. Thank you for writing it.
quadi9 chapter 1 . 7/31/2004
Terribly sad, but pretty well written.

cheers,

- sarah
Murderbynuns chapter 1 . 4/22/2004
wow how deep was that. Killing yourself is no way out and nether is running. I realy feel for him well done
Dreamscapes Symphonic chapter 1 . 5/18/2003
no! don't let miguel kill himself. PLEASE!