Reviews for As Long As There Are Stars
Veridissima chapter 16 . 12/20/2012
This is amazing
Love how you write every relationship, just so well written, seems so real
Love it
Abigail-Barrington chapter 16 . 12/11/2012
This is the best pre-series young jed/abbey fic that I've ever read. Thank you for writing this. :)
Tripple-A-Plus chapter 16 . 4/24/2012
Thank you so much for this wonderful and amazing story. I'm completely in love with both of them. Your writing is absolutely fantastic.
reality ends here chapter 16 . 1/27/2011
Love Love Love Love Love it. How I imagined it really happened. Please, please write more!
Owl Emporium chapter 16 . 11/30/2010
This was great! I loved it...good job! (: This was an amazing story.
PA1NK1LLER chapter 16 . 1/15/2010
Very Good, Very romantic and very realistic and believable. This was probably how it really did happen or at least how I would imagine it would have. You Should do another one because i'd like to see what happens next. Keep up the superb work.
alix33 chapter 16 . 9/2/2009
"I was thinking... one day, I'd love to have a farm out here. A proper farm, with animals and everything - but not a working farm. Just a place where you can, you know, walk through the fields or lean over the fence and watch the sunset." - And he DID get one! That is SO satisfying!

"He narrowed his eyes at her, pouting. "Can you shut up at let me make the big romantic speech, please?" - AW!
alix33 chapter 14 . 9/2/2009
"Yeah." Jed grinned back at her now, somewhat sheepish and all the cuter for it. "Yeah, I guess so. It's just-" He smirked. "How can anybody not fall in love with you the instant they meet you?" "It's a mystery to me," she said wryly, and lightly slapped his shoulder. "Stop it, you, you'll go to a girl's head." "Or other parts," he leered, mugging furiously. Jed trying to be wicked was so theatrically over the top it was hysterical... and, disturbingly, strangely hot. "Oh, you were never really going to be a Catholic priest," she teased him. "Was too. You corrupted me." Abbey smirked. "Then my work here is done." "Oh, I think I could stand to be corrupted some more," he said, leaning into her." - This was totally cute. Pity Jed has that monster-ish ogre for a father...
alix33 chapter 13 . 9/2/2009
"but he uses the words 'our kind of people' a lot. Whoever they are, I don't think I'm one of them." - Well (no, excellently) done and the warmest of congratulations, Jed, for not being your dad's kind of people. It would have been too frightful to even contemplate if you were.

"Abbey, bless her, turned on the megawatt charm with no regard for the tension polluting the atmosphere. "Mr. Bartlet! It's a pleasure to finally meet you." - EW! Words that convey the sentiment: I KNOW you are an abusing, stupid scumbag without actually saying them for fear of repercussions really need to be invented, IMO.

"though it was not John Bartlet's usual policy to shake hands with women." - Oh, shove off, you chauvinist git!

"You travel with your sister?" his father said, meeting Matt's eyes coolly. "Commendable. It's always good to meet a young man with a sense of responsibility." It was almost an art form how his father managed to simultaneously radiate his disapproval of Matt and still take a sideways swipe at Jed. "Well, you can't be too careful these days," Matt smiled insincerely. "There are some unsavoury sorts about." "Indeed." Matt definitely knew something." - Well said, Matt!
alix33 chapter 12 . 9/2/2009
"The ribald marks he'd been waiting to make had died on his tongue with the sounds of the altercation outside." - 'The ribald remarks he'd been waiting to make had died on his tongue with the sounds of the altercation outside.'

"I told her you were a crazy crotchety old woman who started stalking me when I was in high school and never left me alone," he said dryly. "You're not safe to be left alone, you're a disaster of epic proportions just waiting to happen," she said briskly." - LOL

"He slipped his hands in his pockets and smiled. "Yes, ma'am." Mrs. Landingham nodded at Abbey. "That's one of the signs." "Oh, I know that one," she agreed cheerfully." - It is totally wonderful IMO every time he does that.
alix33 chapter 11 . 9/2/2009
"Thanks for coming out here, Matt," Jed said, so earnestly that he had to shrug in near-embarrassment. "Really, I appreciate it." "Hey, gotta keep the sister happy," he pointed out. "She has violent tendencies." Abbey took a casual swipe at him, and he danced backwards. "See? See?" - LOL

"The Bartlet family was one, Matt was pretty sure, that frowned on being physically demonstrative. Jed's semi-adoption into the warmer climate of the Barrington home had been a whole new world to him, and he'd taken to it with all the enthusiasm of a duck who'd only just found out water existed, and had some lost time to make up for." - It chokes me up, that, AND makes one believe in karma or cosmic justice of a sort AND it is very cute and satisfying, somehow, to read.

Can't Jed's dad just drop dead already? I want him to! I SO want him to!
alix33 chapter 10 . 9/2/2009
AW, the Jed/Abbey interaction was totally cute.
alix33 chapter 9 . 9/2/2009
"So when are you going to ask her to marry you?" He choked slightly on the directness of the question. "I, um... I've been thinking about it," he admitted honestly. "But I'm not sure if... I mean, it seems too soon. I don't think it is, but it seems too soon." He smiled slightly to himself. "And, you know, there's always the possibility she might beat me up and say no." Mrs. Landingham raised an eyebrow. "That's an option?" Abbey had never been exactly one to bow down and do things just because they were traditional or expected. "It might be." "I like her already." Jed smiled," - LOL. She could try, but as I'm sure she only has tiny, ineffectual fists it would not be nearly as bad as other beatings Jed has had to endure.

"He found he liked Mrs. Baskin more than he had when she was teaching him to conjugate verbs," - Her teaching sunk in and stayed with Jed, though...
alix33 chapter 8 . 9/2/2009
I'm glad Dr. Barrington noticed the beatings, at least, even if he can't do much about them. And I'm glad Abbey's brother is not all snarky about them either.

I totally loved the Jed/Mrs. Landingham interaction.
alix33 chapter 7 . 9/2/2009
"She grinned at him quickly. "Just make sure you don't get picked up by any strange girls in pickup trucks." He put on that deep, playful voice that made her knees weak every time. "Oh, believe me, I learned my lesson. I still haven't recovered from the last one." "So I should hope," she said archly, and spoiled it by smirking." - LOL