Reviews for A House Divided Amongst Itself
Coment9 chapter 32 . 12/31/2019
Yeah I know the feeling of having to go back to square one I just stopped at two chapters for my story.
mp07 chapter 32 . 12/31/2019
sup man happy new year also thanks how had you been?
y saludos desde venezuela
Dathera chapter 32 . 12/31/2019
I think your story is awesome, so don't be too hard on yourself. That said, take your time and make it Great!
AoS Kal Skirata chapter 32 . 12/31/2019
still hope you're doing okay man.
AoS Kal Skirata chapter 31 . 12/31/2019
hey man, haven't heard from ya in a while. you doing okay?
raychii521 chapter 5 . 12/30/2019
No I didn't like Artemis. she a literal sneaky girl that use fake tears to manipulate one of the most powerful human in existence. Dad I love you... disobey is papa sneak over confidential conversation that government will literally kill for not to be leak... Papa give a big hug.
raychii521 chapter 1 . 12/30/2019
Did you play treasure planet battle Procyon? The PT boat sound like the first torpedo boat Jim's Hawkins got.
Hankton chapter 31 . 12/20/2019
ridiculously good story!
IHateGenericCereal chapter 31 . 12/14/2019
This story has been really good so far. You're doing the nitty gritty justice, keep up the good work. Poor Garrus and family.
treader chapter 17 . 12/3/2019
If you didn't want to get any kind of flak, or at least, wanted to reduce it, you shouldn't have included religion at all in this story. What did you really expect? Especially when you only put your christian views in the spotlight, the most privileged group in the entire US, and act as if they're 'victimized' with false equivalences, as you attempted to do several chapters back. Do you not see how this can be read as genuinely insulting to those who believe in something different from you, but are in an even worse position than you?

And then the ridiculous comments that America is being ruined and pulled apart due to deviation from 'christian values'? Most of the founding fathers were not christian. Our constitution is specific enough to not value any one religion, christianity included, over another. Yet we're still at the point where we don't even think a non-christian could become president simply due to those beliefs. If anything is causing division, it is religion itself, with its members still trying to poison and influence society for its own selfish goals.

If the world does ever unite, then religion may(emphasis on the may) be a major part of it(hopefully not, I would prefer our reasoning to be a bit more logical and based on morality). But you can be damn sure it won't just be christianity, which you have for some reason put on this pedestal in the story. I mean, the reasoning is obvious, you are most likely a christian, so you, by default, dismiss other religions and put your own center stage. But frankly, it wasn't even needed. The story could have been less controversial, better written, and just made more sense in general, if the religious stuff was left out. There are far, far better written stories than this in which authors don't feel the need to include this type of content.

And man was I oh so tempted to bring up the incredible immoral themes that arise from religion and christianity specifically, just to emphasize the absolute ridiculousness of your position, but I didn't feel it was relevant to this comment.

Good luck with the rest of your story. I personally can't see myself continuing past this point though.
Guest chapter 4 . 11/28/2019
Oof. While I could tolerate the unrealistic future where Catholicism is the major religion of humanity. Then it is the unrealistic way you united humanity, and absurd justifications, I'd say this shows that you don't understand how political systems outside of the US works.

Then to kill the whole story for me, it is the "Quarians is the victim" misunderstanding, so many ME fans seems to have. The surviving Quarians started the war against the Geth, and their Quarian supporter, genociding the Geth. (While you can argue that the Geth are machines, and every singel geth is not worth a single Quarian life, I disagree.) In the end the Geth picked up weapons to defend themself, and seeing the only way to protect themself was to drive the Quarians off Rannoch, that is what they did. If you are going to claim that the Citadel threw them off any planet they tried to settle on, you've drunk the Quarian Kool Aid, so I can't relly argue with you.

While I disagreed with your depiction of the future of human religion, what caused me to drop is your depiction of the Geth Quarian war, and the ease of communication between two completely different culture, while having the Aliens speak english is great for a movie, it is honestly annoying in a story of first contact, it would be like having the aliens from Arrival would use english instead of their circle language.
alexthom1 chapter 31 . 10/25/2019
Keep it up! Just read the whole story until now in one day... I couldn't stop reading
Dragonheart Of Ireland chapter 1 . 10/25/2019
Hi. I'm here to respond to a question you asked on Black Rebellion: Code's Of Conduct. "What’s AO3?" I apologize, but I can't give you a full explanation. However the short answer is that AO3 is short for Archive Of Our Own. AO3 is a site that hosts fanfiction, original Fiction, etc. To get the full answer, checkout these forum threads: /topic/20103/38133044/1/GENERAL-FAQ-Got-a-problem-Check-here-first (Fanfic Help Desk) and /topic/2872/20009570/1/FAQ-and-Tech-Support-Ask-Questions-here. (Writers Anonymous).
Greatazuredragon chapter 31 . 10/21/2019
Nice story so far, good work.
sproino chapter 16 . 10/17/2019
I'm enjoying reading quickly through this story, and wondering how I'd missed it before.

One GIGANTIC gripe in this chapter. No Jew would ever say the tetragram name aloud. It's effectively ineffable. Few Jews would say any of the standard epithets we use for God outside of prayer, and many would change a sound to skirt the taboo, an extention of the ineffability of the tetragram, which was itself an extention of the taboo on the True Name spoken only by the high priest on one day of the year in one room at the Temple.

"God" suffices for day to day conversation for most of us who speak English. If you need a Hebrew term for Ayelet, "Hashem", literally "the name" is a pretty standard term I've only heard the most conservative modify phonetically in regular speech, as it isn't used in prayer.

Using that particular (and inaccurate) transliteration of the tetragram instantly tips off a Jew that you're a Christian who didn't do their homework.
367 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »