Reviews for A House Divided Amongst Itself
dspendragon125 chapter 31 . 10/5/2019
A great chapter. The combat is described nicely and flows rather well.

All in all it's pretty good.
dutchsoldier chapter 31 . 10/5/2019
While I like the story a lot, I would like to point out one thing: its actually far easier to manipulate an electoral election in comparison to a regular election for indirect democracies for the two facts that one: with electoral you can make millions of votes in a region where both parties go neck to neck by just adding 5000 votes and suddenly the millions of supporters for the other side don'tmatter, 2: in electoral votes most states no matter their population get assigned the same number of electors, meaning that you only need to do the previous thing to a few small states to heavily tip the vote in favour of your preferred candidate.
Pteaset chapter 31 . 10/4/2019
Wow so good ty
Yankee718 chapter 31 . 10/4/2019
This chapter reminds me of CoD WW2 mission where you find a bunch of German civilians and have to escort them to safety but I still enjoyed reading this
The Prime Cronos chapter 31 . 10/4/2019
If you ever need help with plotting the next course of Action or how to visiolize it, ask me.
atomicsub927 chapter 31 . 10/4/2019
Jorgensen, is he a loud obnoxious bastard by any hance who rides a Monstrous Nightmare
Kyunin9 chapter 30 . 9/29/2019
Loving the story, I cant wait for the Confederacy reacting to the batarian hegemony's slavery industry attepting to grab some Humans/Synthetics. Maybe a planet getting glassed? Can't wait for the next update!
mbh040 chapter 30 . 9/28/2019
So I just spent two days to read this story and I am really enjoying it :D
I actually found this story earlier and read a few chapters, but then I got a bit sidetracked and forgot about it so I didn't get to read the rest of it at the time, so it was really good that I found it again.
I will be eagerly waiting for more!
carsten.westerling chapter 30 . 9/27/2019
Wish you luck with the Exam Results, thx that you took your time for the nee chapter is a awesome Story really enjoyable too read
deitarionSSokolow chapter 29 . 9/26/2019
Finally got around to catching up to some of my reading backlog and, to be honest, this chapter is proving our point that the cliché/predictable/simplistic elements of your view on things are making it less interesting.

Aside from this feeling like a propagandistic overreaction to criticism, just the implication that "If it's not America, it's China" and, "if it's not Freedom, it's Communism" is inherently reinforcing the impression that, as a student of history and politics, you lack the nuance necessary to write a properly nuanced story.

It's like how, before the Soviet Union fell, simplistic stories were "If it's not America, it's the USSR".

(Plus, it's hasn't really been accurate to call China communist for a while now. Yes, they're totalitarian, but, economically, they're *aggressively* capitalist, and are taking advantage of their lack of proper democratic elections every four years to make and enact long-term plans built around out-playing western countries, economically.)

For example, why not a AU situation where events resulted in the countries of the European Union surrendering more autonomy to a unified E.U. parliament and developing a stronger military?

The U.S.'s military spending isn't that much more than half of the total NATO spending and France, the U.K., Germany, Italy, Turkey, and Israel together come pretty close to matching China's spending NOW, not even counting the rest of Europe. (And that's with NATO being an incentive to spend less on individual militaries and cooperate more.)

Heck, Trump's behaviour has been actively encouraging E.U. members to consider the pros and cons of trusting the U.S. to keep their promises less and spending more on their own militaries.

As for fascism vs. communism, as a Canadian in a reasonably similar position, politically (I'm further to the left), let me point out a few things:

1. Mussolini himself said that fascism would be more accurately called "corporatism", as in handing government power over to corporations.

2. Capitalism is failing, just as socialism failed, because when you go too far to EITHER extreme, your economy falls out of balance.

On an economic level, extreme socialism fails because you're enforcing that everyone has money to buy things by spreading the wealth, but without providing a surrogate reward system to ensure that there will be sufficient labour injected to produce a sufficient supply of things manufactured to be bought. (That's what went most visibly wrong in the Soviet Union.)

Conversely, extreme capitalism fails because you wind up concentrating wealth in the producers, resulting in an economy where money can buy anything, but a shrinking portion of the populace has money to spend on said products and services. This is a pattern which has recurred in history and has been studied extensively.

3. Don't conflate communism and dictatorship. While I wouldn't want to try it, we've never actually had a communist democracy... just communist dictatorships.

It's the authoritarianism that leads to atrocities. The axes of dictatorship vs. democracy and capitalism vs. communism are orthogonal. (If you're not familiar with that bit of math/computer nerdery, it means that they're perpendicular such that motion on one axis won't inherently cause motion on another and vice-versa.)

4. Communism can also be exclusionary, just as capitalism can be inclusionary. The question is who the people see as "their tribe" and whether the group chooses to address a threat by attacking it or trying to forcibly assimilate it. (Or a mix of both. See previous attempts to "liberate" other groups, then making claims like "they hate us because they hate us" when not welcomed with open arms.)

5. Fundamentally, the problem boils down to labels not being sufficient to explain underlying patterns. Russia went from feudalism to communism to capitalism and, all along, problems were met by the people with "If only the Tsar were still here" and then "If only Lenin were still here" because it's the learned behaviours of the people as a group (ie. their political culture) which impose the "meet the new boss, same as the old boss" effect that they're in the grips of. (For example, Stalin knew very well how to take advantage of how the populace had been raised to obey the Russian Orthodox Church without question.)
The Prime Cronos chapter 30 . 9/26/2019
Hi I just read all the Na of your latest chapter but Not the chapter itself. I am also studying engineering, but since i was 19 and now i am 27 and after3 changes i am 1 year away from graduation.
I failed a lot in those years but i also learned alot in. Those years. So if you ever have a Probleme to any subject ask me, ok!
Second, your Story might Not be the BEST in navel space Engagements but it's still awesome and as long as you have one fun, have fun contiunuing your Story! It's awesome! It's your creation!
Never forget that. It Puts you above All those pesents who just read ffs but never write their own!
Yours is Gold!
Now if you ever want to bounce plot ideas back and forth between us, i am happy to ovligde.
Now which Direktion Do you want to take?
Or should i Provider some original paths first?
Btw right now i am drunk in public transportion on my way home from the Oktoberfest XD, so please forgive me any grammatice or spelling mistakes.
Xeenith chapter 30 . 9/26/2019
I like your fic, but I'm not going to lie and directly say : I don't care about the "prequel", I just want to see what's next :p
Guest chapter 30 . 9/26/2019
if you want make prequel chapter make a new story or put before the rest of this story
BorgCubeN7 chapter 30 . 9/26/2019
Speaking as someone who survived a mechanical engineering program, it is completely worth it even if it does ruin your sleep habits. I’m also really enjoying this story.
awesomemaxus chapter 30 . 9/26/2019
Be fucking awesome if we could get back to the main story
367 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »