Reviews for A House Divided Amongst Itself
Sithdoom chapter 30 . 9/26/2019
Interesting, Calc II and Physics C I took in HS and got 5s on all 3 exams, there is a guy on YT called lasseviren1 and he is a physics teaching god. You can also try Flipping Physics but I found him to be a bit ehh. The Organic Chemisty Tutor on YT is also really good for Physics. For Calc II I used PatrickJMT.
Algor chapter 1 . 9/26/2019
Honestly, barely managed to read through the first chapter.
From basic physics fails a-la thinking that "Space is cold, so ships must have a heater and insulation to not freeze" instead of "Basically the only way to vent waste heat in space is by radiating it and electronics and humans produce a lot of heat, so insulation from outside factors must be combined with a very good system of venting that heat" and 40-meter long ships with a crew of at least 10 people - who basically have no space left to them, what with torpedoes, guns, hull, reactor, FTL and non-FTL drive systems, etc(just for reference - Kodiak is almost 16 meters in length, it is just a drop shuttle and barely fits several people inside. Fighters are ~15 meters in length as well) to an absolutely moronic description of the crew members and the "punishment" for stealing uniform while another person is in shower(also, internally inconsistent - you must decide whether it is commonplace and people are used to this as a norm or whether a crew of 15 people hasn't seen each other naked and wonders about the size of each other's genitals with people being surprised at how big someone's are). Also, another physics fail that I can see while simply writing this review - having heat sources in an asteroid belt, where a patrol boat can "slip from heat source to heat source", when any lifeless rock that can only accumulate some heat from the local sun is much colder than anything man-made, which has to vent heat, especially when it maneuvers around. Especially when asteroid belts are usually rather far away from the sun and large enough asteroids are usually very far away from each other. And this quarian captain seeing non-eezo based FTL system in action and considering the vessels using it "primitive" is just an incredibly annoying idiot ball. /
You use both feet and meters when describing patrol boats length(with measurement in feet being full 38 cm(as in, more than a foot) shorter than the same in meters), you sometimes write names beginning with lowercase letters, you made Apple and iPads survive into the future and several times namedropped the mark of captain's tablet(did I mention that it is an iPad? I should probably mention that it is an iPad. Also, it is an iPad.) which is just poor writing, you don't really spellcheck your work ("close net family" is a good example)... There are a lot of problems. Considering the size of this work and a comparatively small time window in which it was posted, I don't even really want to continue reading through it - I am basically sure that the quality of writing will not noticeably improve as I continue reading and that I won't take any enjoyment out of reading this.
TL;DR : It is not really good, you should, in my opinion, probably feel bad for some of the things you have written and you should probably either start spellchecking and factchecking your work yourself or find a beta.
Random Reader chapter 29 . 9/22/2019
Very good story
I just found and read up to this chapter

I was wondering what next, only to reach this Last AU chapter, which was very very scary.
Like Star Trek Mirror Universe ! ?

Locking forward to see the sequel from chapter before the last please

Than you
The Prime Cronos chapter 29 . 9/20/2019
Hi there, if you ever need someone to bounce ideas back and forth with, i will always be happy to come up with some crazy stuff ;D.
It would be a shame to See the plot stagnate although without Innovation in the war, it will also stagnate
Ralmon chapter 29 . 9/17/2019
After taking criticism, you pull the story into the other extreme; completely ignoring or missing the point of the criticism.

And your end notes kinda illustrate the problem. It is a circle. By pulling the story into the other end, you end up where you started. Two sides of the same coin, as you said.
EvilTheLast chapter 29 . 9/15/2019
Well, that was a good interesting AU chapter. I think what really inspired you to write it is what is what is happening in modern day American politics where Socialists are actually running for the Presidency and are stating their authoritarian agenda to capture enough votes to win the primary of radical 'democrats'. Their 'Green New Deal' and 'Social Justice' ideas are like...wow! Hmmmm...I'm one of those radical Republicans that likes to go to Walmart and spend 5 minutes in the toilet paper isle looking at the selection of products and their prices and comparing them to each other for the best' wipe' for the buck! If somehow in the unlikely case radical 'Democrats' gain 60 majority of both Congress and the Senate, 15 years from now I would most likely walking a mile to get low grade toilet paper if they have it in stock. And if there's no 1-ply toilet paper when I get there, I must smile and ask
when the next shipment will arrive. I think many young people don't realize 'evil capitalism' created what America is today. Umm...if any Socialists are reading this post, ya, Socialists regions run out of basics really fast...AND YOU BETTER NOT COMPLAIN ABOUT IT! But then again, when it's in stock, it's free! Lalalala Land.
A Trash Mob chapter 29 . 9/14/2019
Damn, that came outta fuckin left field for me lmao
An interesting chapter nonetheless. You such a good writer like fuck, you put a lot of thought into your chapters and it really shows. Keep up the great work :)
OMAC001 chapter 29 . 9/14/2019
Interesting. Though I should point out to detractors of the Confederacy, dictatorships of any sort are unstable after one generation or less.
Coeus chapter 4 . 9/14/2019
Good lord this chapter was stupid, you have obviously never served in the military, or if you have, then you're just plain stupid. You have a person denying information, word, incredebly vital information, information that could make or break first contact, and you think anyone in that situation would just accept it because "its not thier story to tell" i can tell you what would have happened should anyone have done something like that in real life. A hint, it would have stared with a jail cell under the charge of gross stupidity.
yoshikaandlucy99999998 chapter 1 . 9/13/2019
i like the confedercy and would like to continue it and bout those complant you should ignore it because not everything start strong just look at the us history they start out weak but became the superpower today
yoshikaandlucy99999998 chapter 29 . 9/13/2019
i don't like this au
icelord chapter 29 . 9/13/2019
please mark chapter 29 in some way as not part of the main story many people will not read all the A/N and this is just going to confuse the crap out of them they way you put this in here

best way I think it to change the chapter name from "Chapter 28" to something like "alt timeline chapter 1"
maartenvervloet chapter 29 . 9/13/2019
Your friend has a point, I personally see it the same way. The only real difference between extreme left and extreme right, are the people they choose to use as enemies

And that's a member of a right wing conservative party speaking

Anyway, an interesting AU of the AU
Coment9 chapter 29 . 9/13/2019
To be honest I don’t want this sort of humanity. PLEASE STAY WITH THE CONFEDERACY!
Pteaset chapter 29 . 9/13/2019