Reviews for Something Unexpected
For Sanity's Sake chapter 1 . 2/27/2011
That was highly amusing, and very in-character... I loved it! You did an awesome job, and I don't usually like ZAGR, cuz I think it's too obvious a pairing. I always thought they were too perfect together. But you've made me like it. Nice going!
The Muse Sway chapter 1 . 6/9/2007
Cool Fight Scene... like Gaz's thought process and Zim's outrageous remarks... you're a fan.
Lael Adair chapter 1 . 11/15/2004
Nice job on this! I've read a couple of your other IZ stories that are good too but this one's my favorite.

I wouldn't worry about Gaz being OOC, she wasn't, and this is coming from someone who has a radar that's very finely tuned since, as a general rule, I hate OOC fics. I wouldn't argue that the event at the end was something of affection. It was shock value. It's lashing out in frustration at something you know you're supposed to be able to best but can't. That's the same reason people throw expensive dishes when they get into heated arguments ;) Sometimes you do random, irrational stuff just to DO something.

I like the language you use as an author, in this fanfiction as well your others that I've read. It seems to have some kind of...inherently smooth flow to it that's hard for me to describe in words. You transition effortlessly from paragraph to paragraph and idea to idea which makes your stories a pleasure to read (not to mention coherent).

I feel horrible saying this but I really don't have any significant constructive criticism to offer. There really weren't any large problems that I saw (plotholes, etc). As I was reading, the *very* beginning of the dialogue between Gaz and Zim seemed to have a rough takeoff. It levels out beautifully after Zim starts talking (What do you mean...) and maintains an excellent feel after that. I'm not sure I can effectively pinpoint the reason for the turbulence, but it might have something to do with Gaz's first line being only one word (though I know you explained that), or even a shaky transition from the narration in the previous paragraph.

All in all, great job! This was a great read and one that will definitely be making into my favorites list.
bon chapter 1 . 5/3/2003
wow, thats just scary. i went to a fic randomly, while looking for our favo(u)rite one written by you *coughandlexicoughcough* and then i was reading it, adn was like hm, kali will be amused by this, so i sent it to you, and you were like "thats mine" lirl! I WAS AMUSED BY MY STUPIDITY! yes, i know you know what happened, BUT BURN AND DIE! i mean uh. heheh. I'M SORRY I HAVE A LIFE NOW AND I LEAVE THE CLIQUE *sob* yea, i needed to say that. i don't know why i'm writing so much in a comment. o well. SCREW YOU ALL! i mean uh, bye, i loved the story, your unique humo(u)r can always be seen in your writing, but this was matched by equal serious. you are DEFINITELY one of my favorite authors, lirl. oh well. now you're iming me with random stupid fics, you freak. lol. so i'm gonna press the little button now. COUNT HOW MANY TYPOS IN THIS COMMENT!
Ashsema chapter 1 . 5/1/2003
Greetings Sannabelle, This was a pretty fun tale. Although Gaz seemed a tad OOC in my eyes, (she seemed a bit to cocky at times), I think you did pretty well with her. You wrote the fight scene very well. That in and of itself is not an easy task. I liked the surprise ending. I’m sure something like that would leave Zim wondering, (as well as wiping his mouth and ranting about ‘disgusting human germs!” hehe!) Thank you! - Ashsema
Maran Zelde chapter 1 . 4/30/2003
I like this. It took me awhile to realize they were in high skool-guess I didn't pay attention to the summary. Gaz was a little OOC but not too bad. I'm not a fan of ZaGR, but that wasn't exactly a romantic kiss. Overall, good job.
DoomDib777 chapter 1 . 4/30/2003
Very good. It actually seemed in-character, even with the surprise ending. Heh. You definitely voiced Gaz's inner thought's well. Yay.
Cute But Psycho chapter 1 . 4/30/2003
Heh, that was great! I loved the ending. I'm a bit of a ZAGR freak. That was really cute.
Raina chapter 1 . 4/30/2003
I thoroughly enjoyed this piece. I was smiling throughout the whole thing. OOC or not the attitude and narrative voice are perfect and angtsy. Very original too - having Zim and Gaz get into a fight instead of the old lazy other stand-by. The ending was cute and actually not romantic because of who Gaz was dealing with it's what made it funny. Can you tell I enjoyed this?
GS2aholic chapter 1 . 4/30/2003
Heh, I liked this. Very well done, and very funny. That's a perfect way to win a fight. :)

You may not have expected it, but welcome to my favorites list.
firebird5 chapter 1 . 4/30/2003
hee. Gaz rocks. That's the best way to leave him: too shocked to do didly. Yay! I was a little confused at first, but as it went along, i got it.
Silent Knight not logged in chapter 1 . 4/30/2003
I like the way this was written, it was really enjoyable. The way you developed the fight was great and the reactions of the other students watching were pretty funny! The only thing I didn't really like was the ZAGR touch at the end, probably because I predicted right from the start that it would end like that; nothing against you, but I think I've read something similar, maybe? Anyway. Loved the style, gorgeous writing! I hope to see more from you. _ luv SK