Reviews for Hosanna
bunny456 chapter 1 . 2/3
can I just say: YES!

My gosh this is awesome
Aslan's Daughter chapter 1 . 5/4/2019
the progression was well handled and the prayer as a refrain was wonderful as well
Anonymousme chapter 1 . 5/4/2019
Oh, wow, wonderful! Keep writing!
SouthwestExpat chapter 1 . 4/30/2019
I liked how you didn't try to explain why Aslan intervened sometimes sooner and sometimes later. Because we don't know, usually. Look at Job!

Israel too operated under a specific set of promises from the Mosaic Law, which have been superceded by the reality of Christ (Colossians 2:16ff, extended treatment in Hebrews 7-10). Instead "If the world hates you, you know that it hated Me before it hated you. If you were of the world, the world would love its own. Yet because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, therefore the world hates you. Remember the word that I said to you, 'A servant is not greater than his master.’ If they persecuted Me, they will also persecute you. If they kept My word, they will keep yours 15:18-20).

The cross is not felt by all Christians to the same degreea Lenten sermon I read pointed out how in Gethsemane, Peter, James, and John were brought closer than the other eight (Judas having already deserted) to Christ's agony there. The author gives some reasons for the selection (Peter had boasted of being ready to die with Jesus, and James and John had said they were able to undergo His baptism), but ultimately leaves it in God's inscrutable will. Fundamentally, "And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purposeRomans 8:28). The called ultimately are glorified (verse 29).