Reviews for Echoes
Motherofthehord chapter 1 . 7/31/2014
That you for yes, we American, s have issues with unfair laws...and we Do try to fix them...and still there are little children here and across the world who will have their life shortend by hate, fear and malice...
Thank you for writting a story for those who will never get to tell thiers.
skyline angel chapter 1 . 5/21/2006
wow, this fic is really well written! keep up the good work!
Sabrina chapter 1 . 8/27/2004
The story was beautifully written. It made me cry. Lovely work
Charles RocketBoy chapter 1 . 4/16/2004
Good work, very grim. I'm a little sad we only get two conflicts but I guess you don't want to run the theme into the ground. There are quite a few to choose from though- the Russian Civil War, the problems in Ireland & Northern Ireland, Kosovo, Italy's conquest of Abyssinia, multiple conflicts in Africa and so on. You almost have to wonder how Death can remain perky at all, having to face hell like this nearly _all the time_ during the 20th Century.
terminal insanity chapter 1 . 1/4/2004
oh, this was good, yes. very...thought provoking. write more, will you? _
Rebecca Hb chapter 1 . 12/29/2003
I like it. Death has always been one of my favorite characters in the Sandman, even though I don't get to read it enough.
It strikes a needed chord, and I'm pleased to see that this was written. *huggles for Ryuu*
S. A. Bonasi chapter 1 . 12/29/2003
I rather liked this fan fiction, even though I don't know the fandom. It was very well written.
GeekRyuu chapter 1 . 12/28/2003
I feel that I need to step in at this point because I think things are getting just a wee bit out of hand.
To everyone who has left a real review of my fic, thank you. Your comments and critique mean a great deal to me. They let me see how my writing is viewed and point out the weaknesses and the strengths in my technique, all of which helps me to become a better writer.
To those of you who are using my review board as a place to air your grievences and complain, I have a fully-functioning email address on my author profile. If your comments have absolutely nothing to do with the fic, please take it up with me through email rather than spamming me here.
Snapesgurl10, I felt that I needed to reply to you personally, but you didn't leave an email address, so, denied of the deep pleasure of reporting your abuse of my review board to the staff, I'll just settle for putting my reply where it can be seen and commented upon publically. users/karma_ #cutid1
That is all. Thank you.
geeksicle chapter 1 . 12/28/2003
This is amazing. I love the way you've written Death! I've always thought of Death as the most human of the Endless, and it made me wonder how she'd deal with this aspect of her job. You've answered that beautifully. Thank you.
Fire Tears chapter 1 . 12/28/2003
It's rather disheartening to see that other people my age can be such nonsensical idiots. And yes, TheSecretCharacter, IceAngel5 and Snapesgurl10, I'm talking to the three of you. This is a review board, not a flaming battle ground. Take your issues someplace else.
Now, Ms. Ryuu, onto the review:
I found your story to be a refreshing, though depressing, look at war. I am not at all familiar with the series 'Sandman', but this is one of those stories where you can jump in and understand immediately what the author is trying to convey, and ultimately appreciate the time, effort, and raw talent that went into the writing.
This is very... well, touching is the word I'd like to label this, but it's been so over-used that it just doesn't make an impact on the author anymore. But this... this makes me think, this pulls at my heart, this... this puts me into the mindset of the victims, the innocents, the forgotten people who died while another country rejoiced at their victory over them.
I always like seeing writing that looks at it from the other side, from that other point of view. There could be a thousand stories written from the American soldier's point of view, a hero among heroes as it were. But from the point of view of a victim... that's a whole other thing.
I think that every person who ever wanted to bomb Iraq should have to read this. I think that they should have to visit Iraq, help uncover victims from the rubble after a bombing, have to see the unbearable grief on the families of the murdered.
That's what I think, and this piece of art is what makes me think of things like that. This writing, the way it's written, makes me sad, makes me want to cry. It takes a powerful story to make me want to do that.
Thank you for this. Thank you very, very much.
Sincerely, Alena
Snapesgurl10 chapter 1 . 12/28/2003
It hurts to get a bad review doesn't it? I bet you never thought about that when you leave mean reviews until you just got one yourself. I am not trying to flame you here in any way, I think you are a very good writer and i'm sure in real life your a wonderful person, but sometimes we do things without thinking of other people's feelings-you know what I mean? Maybe we're not as good as writers as you but most of us come here to have fun, and relax. Or I know I do. Please accept this "review" with an open mind, and next time you feel compelled to leave a review, please keep in mind:
1. We are all not JK Rowling, and never will be!
2. We're here for fun.
3. Belive it or not, there are human beings, much like you, with feelings behind those awful fluff fics that you seem to hate so much.
4. There is critism and helpful critism, the latter most of us will gladly accept and learn from.
5. And fianlly, you are without a doubt, a very skilled and talented writer with so many stories here. Wouldn't you rather help aspirinfg writers out instead of putting them down?
Good luck to you, and keep writing.
the laughing pineapple chapter 1 . 12/27/2003
And... Ice Angel? Just what characterS are you talking about? Only OOCness I can think of is Despair's absence. Or even Delirium's. Thanks Ryuu, great piece of fiction.
IceAngel5 chapter 1 . 12/23/2003
WHat is wrong with this fic.? It is SO pointless! This has to be the worst fan-fictional story ever...i mean honestly how could anyone be this...outrageous. The characters would NEVER do any of the stuff you portray them to do here..honestly...if you are going to write a fic. write it with the normal characters' personallitys, it makes it less confusing. If you changed some stuff around (mainly the personalitys) it would be SO much better.
theboyharuka chapter 1 . 12/23/2003
hey... i actually just got the link from the MarySue LJ group, but i'm trying to kill some time so i read your fic.
it brought a tear to this cynical codger's eye. :\ war deaths are tragic- no matter what the political stance of the people in power, innocents always end up suffering. we had no business bombing Dresden. and Iraq... well i just don't know.
great job! i never thought that Sandman would have fanfiction (rather naively perhaps), but i enjoyed this. it kept very much in the spirit of the stories.
TheSecretCharacter chapter 1 . 12/22/2003
I will give you credit for writing so well but I have a bone to pick with you. You can go ahead and e-mail me with whatever response you have to this or you can leave another critisizing review for me. If you didn't like my story then you did not have to read it and then critisize it without explaining where I went wrong or anything. From the review you left, it sounds as though you didn't like my story bacause i only took an hour to write it! Well I'm sorry that I'm not an adult so I dont have all the time in the world to write a story. This is a hobby for me and I had thought it over thorougly before writing it. I may not have as much talent as you, but i have had many people tell me that I have a nice style of writing and that I write very well for MY AGE. I find it quite tactless, however, for you, an adult, to be leaving nasty reviews for a teenager's story. i apologize for wasting your time.