Reviews for End to an Era
CarsonandMrs.Hughes4ever chapter 1 . 4/14/2013
Very well written.
Dreed chapter 1 . 10/5/2010
Wow awesome job! With all my free time I have had *post evony* I decided to finally write a review of some of your stories.

Only to come to the conclusion that it would take someone that is as skillful as you to write a review that would do justice to how beautiful, realistic, and sad this story is.

I hope one day you will write some more stories for all of us to read.

Thanks for sharing Jalah.
Ladychristythenoble chapter 1 . 2/6/2010
Wow! I really Like this. My favorite part is

‘Aragorn sat motionless, his face still as he perceived the truth behind his friend’s words; that the end to their friendship was near. “I have one favour to ask of you then, before you go.”

“Name it!” Legolas answered, his eyes agreeing to any demand that the human could place upon him.

“I ask only that you shall stay your departure until I am no longer on this earth to witness it. For I would part with this world only remembering how strong and vibrant it is, not how much it seems to have lessened without your presence.” There was a tremor in Aragorn’s voice, indicating how close the human was to tears.

“That is an easy wish to grant mellon nin, I had always intended that it be so.” He paused and the two sat in silence for a time before he continued. “Truly, I do not think you would make it to your death bed alive, were I not around to assist you with that.”'

Very, very nice
Kagi no Tensai chapter 1 . 8/21/2007
I like the line "The tree, it cries"
aroswein chapter 1 . 9/6/2004
yum yum story simple sweet and not too what i needed at the moment.
Songbird1 chapter 1 . 7/12/2003
Wow Cathy! I hate thinking about when they all die and/or leave. It is so sad. You however have not only captured their friendship so well, but you have also captured what humans will do. The poor trees have a right to be sad with the Elves departing. Once again excellent!

Songbird
Faerfaen chapter 1 . 6/5/2003
That was really touching. I hate to think of the Elves leaving. If I was in middle-earth i would hope to die before that happened

**~ Dy *~*
Ainaechoiriel chapter 1 . 5/16/2003
Beautiful. Especially the beginning. You evoked both characters' emotions wonderfully. I loved the way you described the trees' feelings.
Hellga chapter 1 . 5/3/2003
A good, sad story. However, I never believed that Thranduil would leave that soon... nah, he wouldn't. Elves would stay well into the Fourth Age. Though you, of course, are entitled to your vision. *hug*
TC chapter 1 . 5/3/2003
aw. i love it cathy. i didn't cry but that doesn't mean its not good. i don't cry when i read stories or movies but anyways. hey y don't u do a story when legolas leaves after aragorn goes that will really have everyone in tears lol. :)
Iawen Londea chapter 1 . 5/1/2003
That was a really great fic! I love Aragorn-Legolas friendship fics. Great job on this one!
White Wolf1 chapter 1 . 5/1/2003
Oh, this is go good. YOu do a wonderful job of portraying Legolas and Aragorn's friendship, and all they mean to each other through the sadness and the humor. Very nice.
Snicks Adri chapter 1 . 5/1/2003
Aw that's so depressing! But it's kinda sweet too.
Jinnie chapter 1 . 4/30/2003
What a sweet story! Thanks so much for the calming break from reality. ;)

- Jinnie
Cat yes yes. I'm too lazy to login. sigh chapter 1 . 4/30/2003
*bursts into tears and clutches her Legolas plushie*

CATHY! *whimpers* Why do you have to make me CRY SO MUCH?

*goes to grab another tissue, but notices that the second box is empty as well*

ACK! LOOK WHAT YOU DID! *raids Cathy's tissue manufacturing company*

That was such a wonderfully touching story. I loved it so much. It was so emotional, I really love that about your style of writing.

But it made me cry... *wails*

Amazing! Well done, as usual, mellon nin. I look forward to reading more of your work, Cathy. Excellent.