Reviews for A Turtle's Tale
Anonymousme chapter 30 . 10/15/2019
I did enjoy it. Well done.

As for the whole Queen Dwarfsteel thing...I get it. Something to think about that I've never thought of.

I personally believe that refugees from Narnia would have spread to all the islands and not just Galma; it makes sense; when Miraz convinced the seven lords to explore the sea they (I believe) stopped at each of the islands before going further. Whether they did or not isn't confirmed, but it is canon that they stopped at the Lone Islands and there Lord Bern decided to stay.

I'm sorry if I offended you with the whole HHB thing. I do have a problem with messing up like that, and I'm not the most social person. Forgive me if you can.

I loved the seals you made, by the way! They fit the Four beautifully. When the surprise was about to be revealed, for a minute there I thought it would be a proper ship, or plans for one, or maybe a ship already in progress. The seals were great though. Lucy's ship was appropriate, since the Eastern Sea is hers, and Peter's compass. One of those tidbits from the movie (like Oreius) that I like and don't mind incorperating in. And Susan means lily, like her seal. Edmund...for some reason, it's really popular that he uses two swords, is sneaky, has a dry and sometimes sarcastic sense of humor, and is the spymaster of Narnia. Oh, and very protective of all his siblings but especially Peter. Not that I mind. I like him that way, and I'm glad that you're following in those footsteps made by the great authors of Narnia fanfiction.

Also, I'll just stay Anonymousme for now. Boy, this review became much longer than I thought it would be. Awesome story overall, and I hope you write more!
thunderbird shadow chapter 30 . 10/10/2019
Great ending to an excellent story
SouthwestExpat chapter 30 . 10/8/2019
This was a great ending - you brought us full circle very elegantly. Lucy is no longer the impatient little girl she was - she knows how to wait, and even enjoy the slow pace with which Purpoise tells his stories. And Timoth's story I thought finished very well - he's making amends as best he can. And the responses from the different turtles were both theologically correct, and also very in character. Squint's full and lively; Purpoise and Parable's more sedate, imparting warning along with their forgiveness; and Hardshell acknowledging the need to forgive and asking Aslan for help to do what seems impossible. Very well done!

Seeing Edmund's protective side was very insightful - I'd sort of always seen him as getting into trouble with Lucy, and with the older two pulling them out (Susan especially...Peter is ). But Edmund's protectiveness here made me think about how he was a bully to Lucy for several years, and that he would very much want to make up for it - not just being nice, but also protect her from harm. But because he knows Aslan, he's learning simultaneously he can't protect her from everything - that's Aslan's job alone.

This has been a great story, and now it's all done for me to reread again and again :)
Anonymousme chapter 29 . 10/4/2019
I'm sorry I've come so late. Well, I'll be waiting for the last chapter. Keep writing!
Anonymousme chapter 21 . 10/3/2019
I enjoyed it and I'm so glad that read them! If only for my constant nagging. :) I encourage you to finish them though. Otherwise, I shall nag you some more. ;-) This is very well done! Keep writing!
Anonymousme chapter 11 . 10/3/2019
The Marshwiggle should make for some good amusment, what with the gloomy speeches and morbid expectations that characterize all Marshwiggles everywhere. Also, the country is Calormen, someone or something from there is a Calormene, and the plural of that is Calormenes. NOT Calormens. Read The Horse and His Boy. This should teach me to not follow your in-progress stories. I shall try to follow them from now on...
Anonymousme chapter 4 . 10/2/2019
Also, 'Queen Dwarfsteel'? Really? No offense, but Dwarfsteel is not even remotely a female name, and it bugs me when it's like 'Mrs. John Lawson' because she does have her own first name. Maybe change it to something like, hmm, Eunice, Priscilla, Anita, Lois, Caroline, Gmmmenevra, something old and beautiful sounding in general. Anyway...I hope you're not offended...
Anonymousme chapter 4 . 10/2/2019
And don't forget about the Seven Isles and Terebinthia. They were islands too, and I think Terebinthia was its own nation, because Caspian mentioned 'the king of Terebinthia' in VotDT. Of course I am rather late, considering there's 29 chapters as of this review...
thunderbird shadow chapter 29 . 10/1/2019
Going very well.

And no, I didn't fall for the 'I own Narnia' thing. I just wondered if you were involved in the upcoming Netflix somehow.
thunderbird shadow chapter 28 . 10/1/2019
Well, that went better than expected.
SouthwestExpat chapter 29 . 9/29/2019
Don't apologise for extra chaptersat least on my account! I'm happy to read about Purpoise for a while yet. If you ever want to write another story about him, I'd be most happy to read it!

This was a sad chapter but a healing one. Timoth has accepted the consequences of his actions, and the Exiles are accepting Aslan's mercy both to Timoth and to themselves.

It made me think of a grey, gentle rainone that cleans and soothes rather than destroying everything in its path. And part of what kept it gentle was Lucy, who is learning to temper her cheerful spirit with wisdom so that it comforts those who are hurting, rather than tearing into open wounds.

Because it was so gentle and even delicate, it's hard for me to point to specific parts I especially likedalmost like pulling apart a pattern of lace. It's meant to be seen as a whole and not picked apart. It is a very good conclusion to what has been a rather wild ride! (maybe I should say voyage?)

Squirrels, how many trees to make a coffin...yup, must be a writer's search history!
PadrePedro chapter 28 . 9/28/2019
And I can breathe again! Merci Beaucops (inspired from the line of Edmund as they second time enter Narnia, even though they yet not know they were there, that it was all better than being in school learning French) /P
SouthwestExpat chapter 28 . 9/24/2019
Purpoise saw Aslan! I thought of Simeon in the Templean aged believer, at last beholding "the salvation, which You have prepared for every people." And Purpoise even witnessed that salvation in action!

I don't know if I can find the right words for how very much I liked this chapter! It started somberly, with a very impenitent Timoth and a very angry crowd. And the Kings and Queens do their duty given to them by Aslan, but only Aslan himself can change the hard, impenitent hearts.

The tension was incredible. I didn't doubt the outcome at any point, yet I wanted to know each and every step to get to the outcome. It's what I consider the highest form of tensiontelling (not teasing) the outcome and still holding the reader's attention. So, fantastic job!
thunderbird shadow chapter 27 . 9/16/2019
Thank you, I never liked it when people inevitably compare all traitors to Edmund, so thank you for illustrating the difference.
Another great chapter, as usual.
PadrePedro chapter 27 . 9/15/2019