Reviews for The Undying Fire: Blood and Fire
broken5pieces chapter 4 . 9/25/2020
Aw I thought Zuko would hear Aang taunt Zhao by saying that Zuko is a way better fighter than him. Still, I loved this chapter so much
Guest chapter 10 . 9/13/2020
Great start! Excited to see how this continues. :)
Destiny Drakes chapter 10 . 9/9/2020
This story is incredible! It's so well written and the plot is executed amazingly.
cyathula chapter 10 . 8/31/2020
I really appreciated the human angle you gave to the destruction of the Fire Navy. I just wish (hope?) Jee and the rest of them actually made it, though I know it’s not that important in the long run. I thought Zuko’s defense of the innocence of his conscripted people was also apt, considering Zuko did originally defend his people in the tragic war room incident when he was thirteen years old. While Zuko was annoyingly full of hate and anger throughout this whole book, it is true to his nature at this time of his life and you captured it well. Can’t wait to read more and see how he grows and develops! On to book 2!
Zexapher chapter 10 . 7/1/2020
I just splurged through book 1 and 2 of Undying Fire and am working on the third now. Really enjoy fics focused on Zuko's journey, and this is a good one! I especially enjoyed the focus placed on Aang and Zuko's relationship, since I feel a lot of authors neglect that. Looking forward to finishing the rest of the series, you did a good job with these stories.
Danigirl84 chapter 1 . 6/1/2020
I’m so glad I found this story again! I had been following it when it was just one story and somehow when it was broken up I lost it. It took awhile to find it again and I can’t wait to read the now completed story! Great premise.
redstarsarc chapter 10 . 5/30/2020
Ooooh this is off to a good start. It's well-written and everyone is in character and the development feels really believable. For all his attempts to find nonviolent solutions, it makes so much sense for the destruction of the Fire Nation fleet to affect Aang deeply and even though the Fire Nation was the aggressor, Zuko's anger is justified too. I can't wait to see where this series is going.
Link chapter 10 . 2/13/2020
First of all, I applaud you for humanizing the Fire Nation Soldiers. An ancestor of mine was a japanese soldier from the WW2 and he didn't really wanted to be there in the war (He later married a local woman in the southeast asjan island he was dispatched in). In the end, the soldiers were the one that suffered over the ambitions of one man, the innocent suffering more than anyone. War is ugly and not at all black and white. Both sides always suffers tremendously. And its sad that some are so obsessed in defining who was fully wrong and fully right when it comes to wars.
Guest chapter 9 . 10/25/2019
I like Yagoda or however you spell the older waterbender healer's name.
Mr. Meowington chapter 1 . 9/21/2019
Thank you for this story, it’s hard to find stories that aren’t too focused on relationships and is slowburn while also being zutara, i seem to ask for too much but I enjoyed the story uwu
DuxTell chapter 10 . 7/28/2019
Wow great ending, the sinking of the fire navy by the ocean spirt/avatar is one of the defining moments in the first half of the series. One small note, I’m in the military, once you put on that uniform, your “fair game” in terms of being killed by enemy action. So that part of Zuko’s argument falls flat. Of corse the conscription angle was a good one to throw in Aang’s face. On to the next book!
DuxTell chapter 6 . 7/28/2019
Wow, battle at the spirt pool part 1. Very foolish for Zuko to dive through the tunnels. IRL that probably would have killed him.
DuxTell chapter 4 . 7/28/2019
Chapter 4, all fun and games in avatar land, while Zuko tries a little thing called character development.
DuxTell chapter 2 . 7/28/2019
Chapter 2 is looking good, Iroh is great.
DuxTell chapter 1 . 7/28/2019
I’ll be bingeing this story now, can’t wait to read your take on ‘fire healer’.