Reviews for A Walk in the Rain
CarsonandMrs.Hughes4ever chapter 1 . 5/31/2013
Great story.
Archiril chapter 1 . 8/4/2011
Hey!

I did already read a few of your stories, and I think they're amazing! Especially these short ones. How can you create a whole story in only one chapter? It truly is great! Keep on going!
sazza-da-vampire chapter 1 . 10/5/2007
beautiful story! and, i must say, i found parts more to be humour than drama. LOL, i'm weird.
Lady Anne chapter 1 . 1/18/2007
Nice fic. I like a close friendship with Arwen and Legolas.
yllom21 chapter 1 . 10/1/2005
Wow, heehee, what a great one-shot! I like Arwen in this, she has a nice personality!
Kasmi Kassim chapter 1 . 3/7/2004
This is a lovely story. I just love your depiction of Arwen and Legolas- very well done! And I could just see and feel the shiny droplets of rain, in this mild and sweet story! It's beautiful. Please keep writing!
mrscribble chapter 1 . 1/28/2004
Oh! Very interesting... you can almost feel the Lady Evenstar's joy! Just lovely. Vivid descriptions and beautiful language. I love your writing.
Linaeve chapter 1 . 12/30/2003
Humorous, but at the same time, full of meaning.
Lovely story.
- Linaeve
belia chapter 1 . 8/13/2003
you do have something with elfs sneezing, don't you?

well, nonetheless, this was beautiful, and i could imagine it actually happening...

and it was sweet!
Arwen-Georgie-Skye chapter 1 . 8/8/2003
What a great fic. I love how Arwen is thisclose to becoming mortal, but couldn't quite make the final leap. The elf inside her won't diminish so quickly. Aragorn sounded so dismayed! The rain falling all over him sounded funny. I also love the naivete on Arwen and Legolas' part about sneezes and such. Their reactions were perfect! I love a good Arwen/Legolas friendship.

Forever Arwen and Aragorn

Renech i beth i pennen?
dauntless-hurin chapter 1 . 8/2/2003
Wonderful! *claps* Both delightfully amusing and genuinly moving. I hope Aragorn is gentle with those healing hands of his.
Theresa Green chapter 1 . 7/30/2003
Oh, Ithilien, what a beautiful piece of writing!

I absolutely love the idea that Arwen, even after years of marriage, has not quite had the courage to abandon her elven physiology. The concept that she has to make the sacrifice and become *truly* mortal before she can conceive is superb.

The dialogue between Arwen and Legolas is excellent. You really succeed in conveying their affection for each other. I like the way in which Legolas is a little cruel in persisting with his questions even when it is obvious that the Queen does not wish to answer them. Sometimes that is what good friends have to do! I like the little touches of humour between them too, especially, "I will also tell him it must be applied liberally and with frequency." Excellent!
Fan of the Arwen and Legolas friendship chapter 1 . 7/22/2003
I loved this fic so much. I liked picturing the rain, and Aragorn's disgruntled face! I also like fics that explre Arwen and Legolas' friendship, and the duties of being a queen. I would love it if you wrote another. I am an A/A fan but open to the idea of Arwen/Legolas. I like your writing style.
Thundera Tiger chapter 1 . 5/24/2003
I'm here! I'm reviewing! I am making a concerted effort to reappear in the virtual author world! Hooray for me!

That said, let me sing your praises on this story. It's absolutely magnificent! I managed to catch it in a rare moment of Internet use after my computer went down, but I didn't have time to review and then I lost Internet compeltely. But I loved it and still do. The amount of character development you pour into this little piece is astounding, and with only a few lines of dialogue and a bit of concise narration, you manage to lay an entire backstory for the situation. And not just the situation but life in general. I'm going to start taking notes.

I love the rain, and this story really appealed to me in that sense. I would be out there with the two elves, and the scenes were definitely vivid enough for me. It was as refreshing for me to read as it seemed to be for Legolas and Arwen to experience, which definitely says something about how far I was pulled into this fic. And then you introduce what has become one of my favorite bits of conversation in fanfiction. Legolas's shrewd and all-too-innocent needling manages to get Arwen talking, and then it all comes out. And I'm still laughing over the irony that single Legolas is handing out marriage advice as well as counsel on mortality. He does seem to know what he's talking about, though, and there are many times in life where the opinion of an outsider is desperately needed. Legolas seems to show up at those particular times, and he definitely comes through.

Also great was Arwen's sneeze-which seemed to catch both of them by surprise-and that invoked a wonderful mental picture. And then their plan to use Ioreth's throat remedy, which must be applied liberally and frequently...that had me laughing for sometime.

Anyway, beautiful story with great insight into changes Arwen is experiencing as well as why we sometimes need to talk with a person on the outside looking in. Such as our arrow-shooting bachelor. Great fic and apologies for not getting around to reviewing until now!
Firnsarnien chapter 1 . 5/15/2003
Wow! That was exceptionally good! Sometimes I wish Arwen would renege on her decision to remain with Aragorn and become mortal. It must have been such a difficult choice for her to make! I don't think I'd give up immortality, for anyone!