Reviews for The Undying Fire: Truth and Lies
kit94 chapter 10 . 10/1/2020
YES. Love the air bender theory. It NEVER made sense to me that when the temples were destroyed the entire race was been wiped out, because they were NOMADS. NOMADS DON’T STAY IN TEMPLES.

Anyway... I really like your story :)
broken5pieces chapter 9 . 9/25/2020
Learning how much Mai suffered under Azula's "friendship" makes my heart ache even more for Zuko who had to live with Azula all his life and how much it would have hurt for his sister slowly becoming a monster and leave behind the little girl who he hugged and comforted because she was frightened my thunder. It hurts so much.
broken5pieces chapter 7 . 9/25/2020
I feel so bad for Zuko... Lee. Even without his memories he knows that for most of his life he only felt anger and pain. Poor kid. I just want to give him a big hug, he deserves the world
broken5pieces chapter 2 . 9/25/2020
Honestly by now Aang must be like "oh it's just Zuko having his daily near death experience again." Also WHY DOES THIS MASTERPIECE OF A STORY NOT HAVE MORE REVIEWS? WTF THIS IS ONE OF THE BEST THINGS I'VE EVER READ- THE CHARACTERS, THE DETAIL, THE PLOT *chef's kiss* IS SOOOOO GOOD. LIKE WTF THIS STORY DESERVES A BILLION REVIEWS.

Okay rant over but seriously this is one of the best things I've ever read. Thank you so much for writing it. Thank you thank you thank you!
cyathula chapter 23 . 9/3/2020
This book is pretty much Zuko’s road to self discovery. I have to say, in this age of covid and mask -wearing, I was really feeling sorry for Zuko being forced to keep that mask on even while sleeping!

Aang has serious attachment/clingy issues honestly, first with keeping Lee’s identity a secret, and then with Katara... he is only 12, after all, but thankfully, Zuko was able to help him out with the last chakra in the end!

On to book 3!
DarkLordWhatsit chapter 21 . 8/16/2020
kind of enjoying the soft fuzzies after all that seriousness for most of the story
DarkLordWhatsit chapter 20 . 8/16/2020
the butterfly thing I believe you got from Lost. John Locke said something very similar with a moth cocoon trying to convince Charlie to give up drugs
Guest chapter 1 . 8/10/2020
I love these books so much, but I do have a question. Zuko mentioned he hadn’t even learned the basics, but is that really accurate? I mean, yeah he can’t do advanced techniques like blue fire and lightning like Iroh and Azula, but he seems to hold his own pretty well against most other firebenders.
JustMyLuckyNumber12 chapter 9 . 7/9/2020
Holy crap you tied in the "never forget who you are" bit from Uras so well I got chills holy crap I'm excited
Zexapher chapter 23 . 7/1/2020
Another good story in the series. You did a good job writing how Zuko rediscovers himself, and I like how he's opening up to the Gaang. I would have liked a little more interaction between Zuko and Toph, she seems to be neglected compared to the others. The segment where Zuko's working his way through the Chakra's was very nicely done.

Really looking forward to Zuko's showdown with Azula. I want to see a fight, but there's some small opportunity for them to reconcile (which I'd also like to see). Between Zuko's memories of a happier and closer family and Azula's own inner conflict, I expect to see quite a dramatic confrontation in the end.
Chmia chapter 23 . 6/30/2020
What a wonderful story! Thank you for writing.
communistcrotchnazi chapter 1 . 6/29/2020
This was incredible.
communistcrotchnazi chapter 23 . 6/27/2020
I really love how well written this is. I applaud your talent
redstarsarc chapter 23 . 6/11/2020
This was really enjoyable and despite my early reservations after reading the summary, the amnesia surprised me in how well written it was. The character growth felt very realistic, especially the relationship between Aang and Zuko and Zuko's ultimate decision to stop trying to capture him. But that scene between Zuko and Iroh, where Zuko was hurt because Iroh had left him, now that was heartbreaking. Their relationship is my favorite in the whole show. Well done.
A Summer's Melody chapter 23 . 4/22/2020
A well woven story. I’m on to the next book!