Reviews for The Undying Fire: City of Secrets
Khebidecia chapter 6 . 3/25
So Zuko got in before true death happened to save Changpu, like in Princess Bride how there's a difference between all dead and mostly dead?
Bubbles chapter 23 . 12/8/2020
! Aro (and ace?) Zuko, yay!

Aw, that's the last we'll see of Changpu? I guess with the King there to clear him of suspicions of treason he's all set to go back to his life, but he's a fun character and I was hoping he'd join the Gaang. If his wages are helping to support his family then I guess he really can't afford to, not unless the Earth King gives them some sort of stipend.
broken5pieces chapter 26 . 9/26/2020
Oh. I never really noticed that Zuko's eyebrow was gone. It kind of makes me want to cry.
Guest chapter 14 . 9/26/2020
"Fire is life."

Yes, his mother had told him as much. Fire could chase away death with its warmth; he had seen it happen multiple times. But Joo Dee wasn't dying. He had to think. What else was special about fire? Fire was warmth, it was light, but it was also destruction. Its very nature was to burn and consume. And yet ... and yet that was not always a bad thing. Fire burned, but sometimes that was what was needed. Wild fires purged forests of disease, parasites, and all the weak and decaying vegetation that hindered the health of the forest. Fire was the heart of forges. It burned and melted, but it also purified. He wondered if the same could be applied to his healing abilities.

I loved reading that paragraph. It makes so much sense! This story is so brilliant.
Guest chapter 9 . 9/26/2020
Wait a minute. No way. How did I not realize this. Jet and Azula. Just as much alike Jet and Zuko were in their obsession streak... Jet and Azula both have their way with words and don't care about the end result. Oh dear. These charming devils. They could probably rule the world if they put their heads together. Yikes.

-broken5pieces
broken5pieces chapter 9 . 9/26/2020
The moment I heard fake passports I had a feeling they would meet Jet. Yes I scrolled all the way down just to tell you that because I'm so proud of figuring out something so obvious haha. I'm so excited to read the rest- Azula is obviously going to mess up Jet even more gosh.
Kina1551 chapter 2 . 9/25/2020
You know, I love how you show that Azula actually cares about Zuko. The thing is, children can actually be really cruel when they are little, saying hurtful things (my cousins daughter does it). And if there’s no positive influence, they don’t learn better. Ursa actually did better. She payed more attention to Zuko because he had a softer personality, but in with this aliniated Azula and left her more open to Ozai’s influence. And after their mother completely disappeared from the picture and Zuko was banished, there was nothing to protect Azula from Ozai. And Ozai didn’t Favour feelings like compassion and is a perfectionist himself. Si I believe Azula thought herself to not feel them and became really good at controlling her feelings. It’s actually a pretty childish behaviour, how adamant she Is at not accepting she cares for someone. And her inability to maintain healthy relationship is actually pretty understandable as well, considering she dint have a healthy example. So I love this inner conflicts and how you show that Azula is conflicted too
Guest chapter 27 . 9/13/2020
Your writing and characterizations are fantastic! So glad you wrote this story!
cyathula chapter 27 . 9/4/2020
Wow this was inteeeense. These poor children, the PTSD is real for all of them. It was exhilarating to see Toph break through, though I’m sure the PTSD is still very much there. You did an amazing job writing all these separate threads and winding them all together for such an explosive end to book 3! It’s still hard to believe Azula would actually say the word “surrender.” But this is a different world.
DarkLordWhatsit chapter 4 . 8/16/2020
I'd love a scene where toph truly loses her temper and goes all hulk with her earth bending
redstarsarc chapter 27 . 7/10/2020
This was really fun and super intense! I love the direction the characters are going and those nods to canon such as Zuko learning lightning redirection, Azula fighting dirty on the drill, and Aang's fall. And it was really interesting to see Mai join the group. But man, Jet's story seems almost destined to end in tragedy. I felt so sad for him in the end even though I knew the truth would crush him. The addition of Shizue and fleshing out of Biyu was a nice touch. Also, writing that last scene in Azula's POV was amazeballs. The way she really started to fall apart... and of course having Longshot shoot her was such an unexpected ploy but perfect (and heartbreaking) as it spared Zuko from having to end it himself. Really looking forward to the next installment.
Zexapher chapter 27 . 7/6/2020
Another good book, the dramatic stakes in Ba Sing Se that built up to the final confrontation were amazing. You did a great job juggling separate arcs for the characters and weaving them together and taking them apart as needed. Zuko and Katara's growing relationship had some pretty brilliant moments, Azula's plotline with Jet and continued rivalry with Zuko, Sokka and Mai's storyline, Zuko caring so deeply for Toph's struggle, and Toph overcoming her own trauma were all things that have left an impression with me.

Looking forward to seeing where the story goes from here.
Aiedail4eva chapter 27 . 6/30/2020
Amazing, love this story sooooo much! Gonna keep goingcan’t wait for the next part!
oreoschocolatechip chapter 19 . 6/26/2020
me: absolutely no way the jin and luan/mai situation works out well in the end
also me: please let luan/mai be jin and sokka's bisexual awakening please let luan/mai be jin and sokka's bisexual awakening please let luan/mai be jin and sokka's bisexual awakening please let luan/mai be jin and sokka's bisexual awakening please-
acetraineret chapter 9 . 4/30/2020