Reviews for Westward Bound
CarsonandMrs.Hughes4ever chapter 1 . 3/14/2012
A great poem fic. Very well written.
Song of Grey Lemons chapter 1 . 1/14/2012
Oh, wow. This one of the best fanfic poems I have ever read. The imagery is spectacular and your interpretation of Gandalf is phenomenal. Awesome work!
Magestar chapter 1 . 5/31/2007
That... that... WOW... brilliant.

Yes, you did reduce me to incoherency.
docmon chapter 1 . 10/31/2004
that was a beautifully written look into Gandalf's struggle with remaining in Middle-Earth. I've never thought on it before now, but I don't think I'll be able to look at him the same after this. I can feel the weight of his responsibility as he feels it, keeping him from his home. Wonderful.
Thalia Weaver chapter 1 . 6/24/2003
Lovely. The rhythm is fast-paced without being awkward, the rhymes are skillful and unforced, and it captures the spirit of 'dear old Gandalf' and Mithrandir both, very nicely indeed. :) Very enjoyable.

~Thalia
Showna EJ chapter 1 . 6/17/2003
Absolutely beautiful! An amazing piece of work...I am speechless. This was...just...superb.

Very impressive!

Keep up the brilliant work!

Yours

Elbereth94
UrbanCinderella chapter 1 . 6/3/2003
Very nice. You are a talented writer. You sure have a lot of stories/poems under your belt. I'd love to read more sometime.
BurningTyger chapter 1 . 5/5/2003
Oh, excellent! I love the rhythm, and I am always partial to internal rhyme. Plus, I love the character you've given Gandalf, determined to see things through before he sails away. Great poem.
mary-sue crusader chapter 1 . 5/3/2003
I could hug you for your review of that "Elrond's second daughter" fic Arsarmwen.

This was a cool fic.
Mouse chapter 1 . 5/2/2003
Clever and bittersweet and just... Gandalfish.

*sings*
Playing Passerine chapter 1 . 5/1/2003
cool. a good balance of melancholy but not despair :) (having just written by first tolkien fic and tried the poetry deal i think i can actually appreciate this more.)

~magpie
lady gwinnagim chapter 1 . 5/1/2003
that's cool. i really like all the poems and riddles and things that were in the books, and this is a good song for gandalf. i'm going to make up my own music to go with it.
nanana chapter 1 . 5/1/2003
good glory, this is wonderful! are you sure you aren't Tolkien? i honestly can feel this coming from gandalf's heart, and can imagine this being sung by those in middle-earth as a sort of fairy tale song about a distant legend in the past... can't you just see young children who heard stories of gandalf singing this as they play make-believe? i must be getting old, i'm way too sentimental for my own good :) anyways, i'll definately try to remember to print this out for myself; it's too good to review and then forget.
Lady Elleth chapter 1 . 5/1/2003
Eastward he did sail, but ever West his heart returned... You drew a beautiful picture of Gandalf here. How hard must it have been for him, to resist the call of the West, and yet he stayed true to his purpose, he alone of the Istari sent to aid Middle-earth. Beautifully done, as always -I really start to wonder if you could be not-so-distant kin with Maglor or Daeron ;), for your stories and poems never cease to amaze me with their beauty.

And this definitely deserves more praise than just my little review!