Reviews for Thinner
Guest chapter 7 . 8/6/2015
This is beautiful. Thank you for writing this.
Story time6 chapter 46 . 7/31/2015
Just finished reading this for the second time lol and I still love it! ...I already feel like reading it again lol
edgeof4teeners chapter 45 . 2/23/2014
Nice story! I've been getting into the Hardy Boy's series, so GOOD jOB with the characters!
Marvel's DC Angel chapter 8 . 10/12/2013
"I can deal with x. I can deal with y. But I can't deal with x AND y in the SAME equation!"

I know how you feel, bro.
PolkaDot 65 chapter 46 . 12/20/2012
I've read this story start to finish three times. You have portrayed the characters so faithfully and handled the subject of eating disorders and how it affects an entire family with respect and realism.

It is also such a pleasure to read a well edited story free from spelling mistakes and sloppy grammar!

Truly a classic in my opinion.
Squishy Pencil chapter 46 . 5/17/2012
THAT'S IT! No more of your stories, that always make me cry (and I hate to cry). I loved how you showed how dependent Frank and Joe are of each other. One thing though (even though I don't really care cause this story was so amazing, but still) Frank and Joe were in the same grade. Something about Frank deing deathly sick one year, but recovering, but being held back a year cause he missed a year of school.
Shadow Cat17 chapter 46 . 4/3/2012
You did a really good job in writing about these sensitive issues.
Caelhir chapter 46 . 4/1/2012
Every time I read your story, I am amazed by it! The depth, the detail and the sheer amount of effort you obviously put into it all come together to make a wonderful and haunting story that is really hard-hitting.

Best,

Caelhir
writer with sprite chapter 46 . 1/25/2012
Beautiful, that's all I have to say.
darklight1216 chapter 1 . 10/18/2011
This story was masterfully written. I enjoyed every chapter. Thank you for writing it.
GreatDays chapter 6 . 4/4/2011
Joe Hardy, you are on delusioned idiot. Hope you find the light soon

xx

Like where this is going

GreatDays
Caelhir chapter 36 . 3/12/2011
Okay, so I've gotten through 36 chapters in two hours and I'm loving it! Not because of the subject matter, but because if how well you've portrayed the log of person with an eaing disorder.

Gah, I hate saying 'eating disorder,' because I feel a bit like Joe did a few chappies ago: "I don't have a problem, I'm not sick!" I don't! I'm not! Haha, and I almost don't want to keep reading because I'm afraid it'll make me see how messed up it is that I'm doing! How weird is that? But I do t have an eating disorder, amd there's nothing wrong. But you have done a great job of writing the emotions and feelings and motivation in this story. I love it!

Favorite!

Caelhir
Castielle chapter 46 . 11/30/2010
Hi, I'm really sad that I've discovered this story so late - I really hope you're still around to read my review!

I honestly cannot find the right words to express how truly amazing this story is - it was beautifully written and showed not only Joe's daily struggles but how it affected the others in his life too. I've never wanted to cry so much in my life!

I hope you realise, just by writing this, how much help and hope you're giving to the people out there that need it and I'm truly blessed to have been able to share something like this.

Kindest wishes,

Castielle
jada952 chapter 46 . 2/1/2010
wow! it's amazing how a story came reach out and grab someone years after it is written!

my neighbor's son struggled w/ hosp. and anorexia and had many of the same battles.

You nailed it on just about every point and detail.

Well done!

I believe this has the ability to effect someone's life profoundly. I'm glad you wrote it - and I hope and pray that if any reader finds themselves in this kind of situation that they will seek help!

thank you!