Reviews for Shall I show you a True Shield?
777Worlds chapter 23 . 12/15/2023
Thank for the chapter!, It was great. Hope to see more!
Guest chapter 21 . 12/10/2023
Ryujin is his name now, eh? The self insert process is almost complete now
dan.lew.upg chapter 23 . 12/6/2023
good
Binge Reader chapter 22 . 12/5/2023
The best praise I can give this work is that it's enjoyable. Though, I would have preferred if Naofumi was more of a talk-less-act-more guy. Seeing him explode every time he encounters the Heroes instead of giving zero fuck to them or just beat the soul out of them when they cross a line was quite nerve-grating.

It's been four years since you published it and to think that you are even behind the enemy is no less than disappointing. Of course, I have no right to criticise you on productivity since I, as someone who writes for a living, am also guilty for my, sometimes, less than satisfying productivity. With that said, you uselessly describe some scene that barely contributes to the world-building of the story. Such a thing is no longer needed since it is a fan fiction—the world is already established, so we already know what dish we are presented with. A simple example would be when you described the delicate process Naofumi went through to cook his food. You did that in more than one instances which makes me wonder if you are more interested in writing a cookbook. Trivial scenes like those waste quite a space for this work, hampering it from advancing further.

With that said, every encounter, though, there are some minor changes, and happenings still heavily follow the script. This is even more reason to not get into too much detailed into some of the scenes as we already know what happened in canon. In summary, decent job.

7/10
Binge Reader chapter 12 . 12/5/2023
Okay, I hope you stick to this deviation.
Binge Reader chapter 4 . 12/5/2023
Motherfucker copy pasted the LN and thought we wouldn't notice.
Binge Reader chapter 3 . 12/5/2023
It's basically canon with miniscule changes. What's your point of writing this?
mandvisahuxx111 chapter 1 . 11/30/2023
Really liked the fate reference of the best useless goddess and I don’t care if someone says that aqua is better
Jaydog123 chapter 23 . 11/28/2023
Amazing chapter glad to see you updating this agian can’t wait for the next one!
OechsnerC chapter 23 . 11/28/2023
Awesome update. Looking forward to reading more
AureusCaduceus chapter 23 . 11/28/2023
It's great to see this get an update. I've gotten much more into 'Shield Hero' recently. I look forward to seeing more whenever you can get around to it. This is my favorite fic of this fandom.

Honestly, having just reread the story, my biggest criticism would be with Felicia's character. It seems very out of place that Naofumi would be so open to having a femme fatale-with a shaky motivation at best-join their group. You would think he would not be comfortable with her strange fixation on him after what happened with Myne. I guess it's no longer as much of a strain on one's disbelief after everything they've gone through, but it still leaves a black mark on the overall story.

I look forward to Naofumi crafting more of his own equipment. Him making more firearms with magical mechanisms and propellants would be cool. Fantasy armor and weapons with practical and historical designs is something I really enjoy. I also like it when you see a somewhat fantastical fusion of different time periods in arms and armor, like in alt-history fiction. My own 'Shield Hero' fic idea has a lot of steampunk influence for its AU. This premise was mostly based off of what's mentioned in canon in relation to Faubrey's history.

Getting more focus on Raphtalia in this fic is always appreciated. She's felt somewhat left by the wayside with the focus she's had to share with the OC party members. Her daydreaming about romanticism, and relating it to Naofumi's savagery, is always cute to read. Also, I could easily believe that Itsuki's party denigrates and orders around Rishia because of her noble background.

Motoyasu would have an ottermode physique. Your abdominal muscles are visible? Congratulations, you're straved, dehydrated and weak. Naofumi is a burly, hairy tank that everyone can depend on. Like a real man should be.
Frosty Wolf chapter 23 . 11/27/2023
Welcome back! I should probably take the time to reread this but for now I'll settle for leaving a review! This was a fun chapter, Itsuki's still a little twit as expected, hopefully Naofumi and company get through to her quickly...and give her parents some well deserved consequences.
ShadowSnake22 chapter 23 . 11/25/2023
Really good chapter! Wish you would update this story more as it is certainly a gem! Not many good Shield Hero stories out there so I’m happy that there is one story I can always rely on!
savator chapter 23 . 11/25/2023
This is a great story. I meant to start reading it a while back, but kept putting it off. I'm glad I finally got around to it.
Cerberusx chapter 17 . 11/24/2023
Who is Felicia Zauberer character image supposed to be based off again?
1,093 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »