Reviews for Vermillion
jminator chapter 3 . 12/22/2019
Ok i need more of thissss
Red herring chapter 3 . 11/30/2019
One thing I really like is how human yet morally ambiguous you've kept Azula. It's very realistic to her character. You show really well how she continually struggles to express her emotions in a healthy and open manner, even years later. She has issues that constantly affect her and make her abrasive, manipulative and even cruel to other people. The type of issues that she has may never completely go away. However, under it all, she is still has a softer and extremely vulnerable side.

It's nice to see how Zuko implicitly understands this and continually supports her, giving her a shoulder to lean on. A part of why this may be because he too isn't that different from her, he too has remnants of Ozai's abusive upbringing that affect him constantly. They both find a way to understand and support each other in a way that people on the outside can't understand.

I’m very curious to see how they reached this stage though. How did the siblings go from being resentful of each other and competitive in their childhood (and in Azula’s case, actively trying to kill Zuko), to reaching common ground, trusting each other, and loving each other?

Azula also still seems very pissed off at Ursa. Is she still alive? And if so, what does she think of her children’s union? Considering how moralistic she is, I don’t think she will be too pleased, and she may even blame solely Azula for this illicit relationship because of her favouritism. Lots of questions so far, looking forward to an update.
Litowly chapter 3 . 11/7/2019
A zucest fic that isn't just pure smut? Point 1. A zucest fic that actually delves into the intricacies of Zuko and Azula's complex and unique relationship? Point 2. A zucest fic that deals with the fire sibs as parents? Point 3. Damn, you have a real gem on your hands. I love this story soooooooooooo much, goob job! I am really looking forward to the depth you bring to this unique family. Whether it deals with discussing how they got to the point they are at right now or how they will progress moving forward and what the Gaang think of them, my mind is filled with curiosity. Looking forward to your future updates!
MystRayn chapter 3 . 11/5/2019
This keeps getting better and better. And I love how you showed that Izumi is very similar to Azula from other people’s perspective, but from her own perspective she is like a younger Zuko, with his insecurities and thirst to prove himself.
And the spot that was marked on the map, is that the plan for Republic city? Can’t wait for the next chapter _
Guest chapter 3 . 10/31/2019
Also I personally disagree with Anon's review. I don't think Zuko has been inept or ooc at all in this story.
Guest chapter 3 . 10/31/2019
"Sometimes I just wish...I wish someone would take her down a peg or two. Show her she's not perfect"

Ohhhhh Izumi, your father has already done that :P
Anon chapter 3 . 10/27/2019
The only thing that annoys me is Zuko's apparent ineptitude even if it helps build up tension between the members of the royal family IMO you should tone it down becouse Zuko isn't an idiot. Also the fact that he was beating Azula during their last duel before she tried to kill Katara should have a bigger impact on their relationship.
Jackoncrack chapter 3 . 10/27/2019
Considering the drama tag... things are going too well right now. The calm before the storm. I feel as though you're about to break my heart soon somehow.
AshWinter chapter 3 . 10/25/2019
Oh no! Azula you better not be scheming. You got a brother & daughter that love you so much. Just go & be happy instead
mm1005 chapter 3 . 10/26/2019
Azula and Izumi bonding I love it and the convo between Azula and Zuko was fun!
mememysleep chapter 3 . 10/25/2019
Glad to know my main bear Bosco is still alive and hungry as always! Also, lol on Azula noticing that Zuko and Kuei are on a first name. Careful Azula, Kuei might steal Zuko from you under your nose! Nice to see Azula and Izumi bonding. Hmm, a little bit of Izumi also views Azula as a rival though. That's not good. But both Izumi and Azula hug and are happy at the end, that's good!
padzer chapter 3 . 10/25/2019
Of course Izumi would also have some Azula in her. Also, there's the Zuko I know! I'm glad to see that he hasn't grown out of his social awkwardness, even when dealing with his own daughter. Also, what's Aang been up to, he isn't dead yet is he (I think he died in his late 50s)? I don't think Zuko and Azula are that old are they considering Izumi is only 13? Maybe, he's just chilling in Republic City to take a break from Avataring and is instead raising his own family.

More mysteries eh? I see you. Likely the spot on the map has something to do with Zuko and Azula's past. Aww, Izumi just wants Azula's approval. Sounds like another daughter I remember from before.

I also like how accurate your details are with Azula's mannerisms have been. The way she talks can be especially difficult to get down at times since Azula has a very sophisticated yet crisp form of speech, which is unique to her character. But you show it very well!
uchihaNaruto247 chapter 3 . 10/25/2019
Ok, is there something I’m missing with the map marking. Like what happened?
Shini Kurogane chapter 3 . 10/25/2019
Oh, so that's why Azula and Izumi can't get along, they're way too similar with each other, and I guess Azula sees herself in Izumi and that's why she instead makes the same mistakes as Ozai rather than doing the other way. I'm glad they finally make some progress here, both of them need that. Looking forward for the next chapter!
Bargain Fisher chapter 2 . 10/15/2019
Oh Azula, what are you scheming now?