Reviews for Adeptum Effectus
hosechavez chapter 14 . 9/21
how you doing man? hope your doing well.
SurplusHook chapter 14 . 9/20
I really love this hope you get better and come back to this
Hadesking chapter 14 . 8/20
Throughly enjoyed this fanfic. I think it's one of the best one's I've ever read. I thought the way the UNSC interacted with the Council made sense. Makes perfect Turians would want to leave. Anyways, I hope you pick it up again, but if not you stopped at a pretty good point. I wish you the best in all of your endeavours and the best for your health.
your-Local-scytherifle chapter 14 . 8/17
good luck on all your endeavours hope ya write again but understand of life gets a hold of you
I hope you‘re doing alright mate and I just wanted to say that this is the best Mass Effect x Halo fanfiction that I have ever read take as much time as you need for yourself but please don’t abandon it because it’s really goddamn good
AmethystPone chapter 12 . 7/5
Having read to this point, I only have a few opinion I'd like to air.

1) 90mm cannon for an MBT is really small, even as MAC. Bigger projectile have more stable trajectory, more momentum- Retain velocity better, less affected by environment, which mean better precision, and more space to put explosive in in HE rounds.
Considering...the majority moved or started to move beyond that calibre in the 70s. And recently, EU and potentially entirety of NATO will move to 130mm soon enough, with France and Germany, and I think Britain already having done so. Russian moved from 100mm to 125mm since late 60s, and there are talks of moving up all the way to 152mm...or improve the 125mm.

2) Xenophobic is xenophibic, but this isn't Imperium of Man. Why is there so much anger directed at the Turian? This is somewhat unrealistic. Xenophobia isn't codified in to religion such that their mere existence offended people sensibility.
We also know that UNSC can be brutally pragmatic to be willing work in tandem with the Elite and whoever followed them even after 30 years of fighting.

3) Citadel vs Covenant ship casualty seem a bit too lopsided. Yes, their individual shots are weak, but their Dreadnought can put out at least 15 to 30 to 60 times the shots compared to early/pre-war UNSC Frigate (some take 2 mins to charge the MAC, some a minute, some 30secs). With frigates potentially able to spew fire like modern 76mm auto cannon as seen in some cinematic (and we have no codex saying otherwise)
It should most likely only a bit worse for them in casualty compared to UNSC. Like, instead of UNSC war time 3 to 1, it should be somewhere on 6-7 to 1 at most, or even 1 to 10 at worst.
Granted it is not good optic when pre/early UNSC Frigate have comparable fire power to Alliance/Council standard Dreadnought. Comparable, not more, the Dreadnought have a lot more Damage Per Second/Minute. (DPS)

The main issue canon UNSC faced when dealing with Covenant is that they just can't replace/absorb lost like the Covenant. And it is extremely difficult to coordinate and response when their FTL are slow as hell and communication not much better.
Because if we only talk in sheer average ship tonnage and personel lost/trade when we use all the known numbers for known battles, UNSC actually do noticeably better than the Covenant. Not by much, but noticeable. Through guts and tactics and strategies.
Monstrr chapter 14 . 6/14
Hope you come back to this. Another thing, I would love to have the Spartans play a more important role in the story. And with wayyy more screen time. Halo isn’t Halo without Spartans. Also I would love to have perspectives of the civilian population of the Aseri, Quarians, etc.
Silverwingzz chapter 1 . 5/22
The only human who would be able to live up to 200 would be the master chief because of his enhancements. Another thing to note is that Kinect barriers wouldn’t protect them from the covenant at all since they use plasma based weaponry, it can’t block heat so they would still be losing as much as before. Your story isn’t realistic in terms of you using different tech, doesn’t make sense at all.
thebigmeme chapter 14 . 5/6
I must say that I thoroughly enjoyed this story, and as much as I may be a little disappointed that it’s since gone on hiatus, I know that mental health comes first. I hope that things have gotten better for you, and should you decide to continue one day I will very much be interested in seeing where you take it.
Shadowhunter36 chapter 1 . 4/14
Why would you have the UNSC discover the prothean archives on Mars in 2543 or whatever while the systems alliance had found it hundreds of years before 2543. Honestly just kinda ruined it for me. The UNSC is it’s separate entity from ME and should have stayed that way until after the human covenant war. Besides they had the forerunner technology which is far more superior than prothean mass effect technology.
Swiftcaliston chapter 14 . 4/7
I hope you get well I miss this
Sjwanous chapter 14 . 3/12
Just wanted to say love the stories and thanks for sharing you AU
bestever chapter 12 . 2/27
This fic is truly the pinnacle of all halo x mass effect crossovers. I find myself coming back to read these ending chapters every few months, even dreaming about it occasionally. I am sure you have your reasons for ending this fic, but please be aware how thankful I am and likely everyone else, that you 'finished' the story arc. There are few amazing and perfect fanfics out there. But there are fewer still that can be considered 'done'. This one was left off after a really good end point.
Guestinator chapter 11 . 2/12
You say this story isn't any of those three things, however the story you are telling is the complete opposite.
Guest23 chapter 14 . 1/25