Reviews for Ladies of the Sword and Spur
oochya chapter 1 . 9/28
That was pretty amazing, considering the work that must have been put into this. I absolutely loved the way you portrayed everyone, especially Lady Toloso.
Murazor chapter 1 . 5/6/2012
Well, this is different and not in a bad way.

Well written as far as I can tell, although I am not certain of how Don Quixote's old-fashioned Spanish translates exactly into English.
letsgo chapter 1 . 3/23/2010
it's great - i love how you incorporated the actual dialogue into your story and showed a whole new side to Tolosa.

What grade level is this for?
presentemomente chapter 1 . 3/7/2010
lovely! :)
Martin Baker chapter 1 . 3/14/2009
Thank you. You have my eternal and unfading gratitude. That is just what I needed to find. When I searched for Don Quixote fanfiction, I only met with disappointment... until now. Nobody could reach that hidden place. No amount of clattering ever measured up to the brilliant clarity displayed in this masterwork. I am intrigued and only deeply saddened that it must end so soon. Return again your inspiration to this topic so vital to me, for I am truly Don Quixote.
raposa chapter 1 . 1/28/2009
This is a really cute little story. Everyone wants to escape reality from time to time and when Don Quixote is there it becomes possible to do so :)I think the story has a nice balance between your input and the original work.
Alice chapter 1 . 11/28/2008
I think that you are a really good writer ,when i was reading this , i really could see everything in front of my eyes as is it were a movie :)
MFAstari chapter 1 . 12/27/2007
Wow, what a well-written story! I like how the narrative comes from one woman, but is not overly biased and paints a pretty accurate picture of what's happening. You also make the ladies totally relatable, the narrator especially- their reactions and the ideas behind those reactions give the reader a sense of being drawn into the fantasy naturally. So maybe you don't need to state that so explicitly. But otherwise, it's a great little piece, you should be very proud )
ArbitraryOrange chapter 1 . 3/14/2004
I liked it! I always kinda though that Don was the kinda guy who could make you feel like you were the most special person in the world, even if you were jsut a common prostitute at a bar. I liked the story of Don Quixote because he was lucky enough to see the best in everything, even though it didn't really exist. Nice story.
March Hare chapter 1 . 5/10/2003
No reviews? Whe! I'm #1! After you left me such a nice review, how could I not return the favor?

I've never read Don Quixote, but that didn't stop me from thoroughly enjoying this story! You have a natural narrative flow that allows the story to describe the scenario without halting or progressing jerkily. Your metaphors are superb, ("made the candle seem redundant"- I love that!) and your descriptions are a marvel. In short, brava, brava, bravissima! Well done!

Not to be shamelessly advocating my own little corner of , but I would eagerly love to see this talent turned toward Sherlockian writings! I have a load of ideas that I'll probably never use, so if you would like one, drop me a line! *points to email address* Given your two previous fairytale stories, I have an idea that you may especially enjoy!

Okay, that's it. Gotta go to the library and get a copy of "Don Quixote" now. Hope to hear from you soon!

Ever mad,