Reviews for A Fair Life
Talking about drama OMG
Lonelywicked chapter 1 . 4/22
Lmao!
PinkPonyIsBestPony chapter 15 . 3/23
This story is awesome! The only complaint I have is over Ron's character being... not like he was in the books. But author's universe and all that, plus everything else is wonderfully done anyways! I'd love to see Ron's character be redeemed, show his hufflepuff colors. But if that's not where the story's headed, I'd still be invested, what with the characterization and story this far!
Lestenil chapter 15 . 3/17
Hello,

For the record, I apologise for the grammatical mistakes, I am French and I am not used to writing in English, except for some professional emails from time to time. Thank you Deepl.

I'm not going to ask you for the rest of this story, or try to make you feel guilty about it.
I've come to realise recently that many unfinished stories have had a greater impact on me than many completed ones. And A Fair Life is one of them. And so I wanted to write this comment to thank you.

I have become very attached to the character of Harleen, to the extent that she inspired my only story written in English at the moment, for a Harmony Discord community contest. Harleen is refreshing, daring, engaging and far less of a knucklehead (most of the time) than Harry. She is also fragile, shy, and so uncomfortable in her new life. Her relationship with Hermione is also very touching.

I really like your story. There are decisions that are made, different from the canon, driven by the knowledge of the future. But still, will these decisions all be better? Many questions are asked, and it's a pleasure (for me anyway) to try to answer them and to use the productive frustration that this story leaves us with.

The part I particularly like to anticipate is the Yule Ball. In particular, I was very frustrated by Philosophize's decision (scripturally coherent, needless to say) in his Jasmine Dorea Potter series, not to have Jasmine and Hermione go to the Ball together. And so I'm trying to imagine how that might play out in your story.
Will Harleen and Hermione dare to face the hype that will follow the fact that they are each other's date? Or will they decide on a different strategy and invite boys instead? My heart goes out to the first possibility, needless to say. But is it realistic?

Another passage in the future of this story that I have imagined a lot is the continuation and consequences of the betrothal contract proposed by Lucius Malfoy. My most successful scenario is the fact that Mrs Longbottom begins by presenting the contract to Harleen, omitting to mention at the outset that it has been refused, and that her ill-advised turn of phrase leads Harleen to believe that she is about to give it a positive follow-up. So Harleen runs away with Hermione and no longer trusts adults, including Sirius. They flee Hogwarts and go into seclusion to hunt for Horcruxes and try to disrupt the resurrection ritual. They buy a tent and Harleen takes them to the Forest of Dean where they try to survive as best they can (no magic because of the Trace). Naturally, many constraints accompany this scenario: does Dobby accompany them, how to manage the Tournament (risk of losing her magic for Harleen), etc.

I still enjoy rereading this story regularly, and working my brain with it.

Thanks to you for making us dream. I hope that even if you don't write anymore (at least not under this pseudo), you haven't stopped dreaming. I wish you all the happiness in the world and the success of your projects :)
Jacob Phantom chapter 15 . 3/9
Please update your story soon!
DinaMoon23 chapter 15 . 3/6
Just got. done rereading what you have of this story. I look forward to seeing this continue when you can spare the time. I'm definitely interested in how having a dragon at Hogwarts will affect things. That and reading how the conversations go in regard to Rita Seeker and Mr. Malfoy. Hope life is going good for you and that your staying safe. Relatively speaking anyway.
Glumski chapter 15 . 2/28
I like this one quite a lot and would love to see more of this!
god of all chapter 15 . 2/26
Great chapter and story so far please continue this story soon.
R4mses chapter 15 . 2/23
So cuuuuuute! Aaaaaawwwww. And a very nice foreshadowing at the end. You won't let this story get boring. Thank you so much for writing this and please continue at your earliest convenience. I completely understand that there are more pressing matters, so I will be waiting patiently and read your other stories in the mean time.
R4mses chapter 14 . 2/23
Oh god, seriously? This is definitively the strangest solution I heard for this task. Incredible. But also a very great change to any future confrontations on the premises. Hagrid will be sooooo happy
R4mses chapter 10 . 2/23
You had me in tears there. This is so wonderful. Thank you!
R4mses chapter 8 . 2/23
This story is so incredibly captivating. It's really well written, the characters feel so right, thank you for this amazing story!
R4mses chapter 2 . 2/23
It's really starting of great. Love your characters. Bit random, bit funny, a lot of fluff
R4mses chapter 1 . 2/22
Awesome! I was looking for a few hours for my next good read and I think I found it. Thank you for creating this story, I'm really looking forward to how it develops!
4fundaore chapter 11 . 2/19