Reviews for Yu-Gi-Oh! VRAINS: Destiny Junction
DSpaceZ chapter 6 . 12/23/2020
...crap i have to read everything again because i completely forgot how this story worked... Well guess i know what im doing on Christmas day
ZarcEternal chapter 5 . 12/23/2020
Okay finally got down to the bottom, forgot how long you can write. Jokes aside, amazing chapter man. It was really plotheavy and mindbreaking if i am honest. You continue to amaze me with your writing and ideas.

Regarding the duel, that was I believe one of the shortest you ever wrote besides Yubi vs Yugo, and I loved everything of this one-sided massacre. With the Kogami family war we will finally see the last Kogami deck and how OP you made Revolver. Cannot wait for more
Super Shadow 2018 chapter 5 . 12/23/2020
Great chapter dude ! The Link 5 was a bit confusing because of being able to talk and deliver real pain, but aside that, i liked the duel. As a sugestion have Ryoken use all the summoning techniques that consists of Fusion , XYZ, Synchro and Link. As a sugestion have Ryoken and Betsune's monsters interract with their masters and the opponents. BTW, what did you think of Playmaker vs Soulburner ?
May the force be with you !
SoulMatter chapter 5 . 12/22/2020
Z-Arc, what the fuck!? You vanish for a long fucking time, an come back with a freaking wonderful chapter, with more coming at a pace I can predict!?

In all seriousness, though, I'm glad you're alright. You dropping off the grid made me worry, even if I kept seeing traces of your activity here and there, by helping other YGO fanfic writers. But seeing one of your signature humongous chapters, it's as if a weight was lifted off my shoulders.

As for my own stories, well... I have mostly migrated to Ao3, but I still have somewhat of a presence left here in , seeing as I plan to post my new Arc-V story here. Yes, I have a new one. Yes, there were a lot of scrapped ideas. One of them involved the MC using a Cyber Dragon deck.

What I can tell you about the story? The MC's name is Fujiwara Tenma. He's dead. He uses a Mythical Beast/Endymion deck. He was "hired" by the resident Eldritch Abomination named Truth. You'll recognise the fucker from Fullmetal Alchemist. He's dead. It's an isekai, but not in the way you think. Did I mention he's dead?

To sum it up in a sentence: Eldritch Abomination spots a dead guy and uses him to hijack a timeline.

Jokes aside, it's actually going well, the only thing holding me from writing more are the duels. It's always the duels. Spell Counters are fucking deadly for a writer. But I have somewhat of a storyline planned out, I still need to write it down and flesh it out.

And also the fact I'm focusing on a BNHA/Code Vein Xover back on Ao3, two chapters to its name already.

Anywho, this chapter can be summed as this: Dr. Kogami duels for the first time in history. Curbstomps his subordinate with Dracoslayers/Dracoverlords. Lore dump from a dragon. Ryoken gets jealous/paranoid and demands a duel.

Should we expect True Dracos/True Kings and VFD on Dr. Kogami's deck?

On a side note, you should better avoid Diabolic Tracer with your focus on Dragons. He hates them. Just kidding.

Anywho, I'm glad to have you back! I'll see you in the next chapter, I guess. It's ten past midday here, and I'm not gonna stay awake for long, as the early sleeper that I am.

Peace Out!
TheBlazingButterfly777 chapter 5 . 12/22/2020
Well I thank u.

The beginning was something.

And the ending was interesting.
ReadAZarc chapter 4 . 5/26/2020
Can’t wait for Sokudo duel with Kogami! Although, I’m past waitinh
Oceania chapter 4 . 5/26/2020
Well whether DOT or DJ, I’m ready. In fact, I want it now.
Shakti chapter 4 . 5/25/2020
Well, I'm surprise to see Kogami return back to life, but I also have a question for you?

Where the next chapter, and when will it be published? It have been too long
Nirvana chapter 4 . 5/25/2020
So, when the next chapter?
Super Shadow 2018 chapter 4 . 10/28/2019
Great way in making Dr Kogami relevant. As a sugestion have Yukami interract with Robopipi (it is a she by the way). As a sugestion have Ryoken befriend Yusaku while having him as Revolver be simpathetic enough to not destroy his mind if he beats him.
Super Shadow 2018 chapter 3 . 10/28/2019
Great story going dude. You forgot about Robopipi through. How could you forgot about somebody so adorable? I am starting to like Yukami now that he has taken Yusaku in his care at his home. Very original ideea by the way in having somebody take Yusaku at their home. By the way up in checking out my story and review it if you like it?
May the force be with you
LordMammon chapter 4 . 9/26/2019
I'm later with this than I would've liked but I've been busy and only got round to properly reading it an hour ago. Like usual though I will take it from the top and then work down, but this time I'll mention that I think switching this chapter's focus to one that is more character driven with the relationships between the Knights and a few Yusaku and Yukemi moments as a good change of pace. Not everything has to be all action all the time.

So it starts out with Yukemi and Yusaku basically running over from the previous chapter with their bonding over their shared outcast status. Personally speaking, I wouldn't really be surprised if I see Yukemi becoming Yusaku's mum with the way he's basically turning Yusaku into an actual, responsible human being.

Then there's this scene in school with the introduction of a new character Elizabeth who is related to Emma, one of the characters that I believe you could take out of the story and everything would still happen. Vrains was full of a lot of useless characters that didn't serve purpose so I hope that with Elizabeth comes more on Emma's side and Blood Shepard too since he literally didn't do anything. Anyway... She's an interesting character, someone who, as Hector points out, has some degree of feelings for Yukemi but said male doesn't have the slightest clue as he suffers from anime protag disease, although in this case it is because he's infatuated with Aoi and Atsuko. Her pointing out Yusaku's "brilliant" avatar design is only natural. She's also quite knowledgeable about Dante's Inferno which considering the fact she uses Burning Abyss would make perfect sense, I've already talked about the deck in private.

The scene with Yukemi flipping out on Naoki was to be expected considering how Naoki is basically that guy who plays all the meta and helmet decks but has still got absolutely no talent with them. I have no doubt that if that duel went ahead that Yukemi would kick his ass. I forget if it was mentioned in the PMs, I think it was, but that deck and the reference makes me think that it's Raphael's deck from the original. That rant is also interesting, maybe that transformation had more mental effects on Yukemi than he first thought...

Now it's time for the main event of the chapter, the meetings of all of the new Knights of Hanoi, I'll go through my opinions on the characters. Sokudo is an angry little shit and is pissed at Kogami for "ruining" his life which is fair but he gives me the vibe of someone who is a hothead and someone who will tend to act rather than think. His hatred of the Kogami's is obvious, and if the comment from his girlfriend meant anything, he's probably just as infatuated with girls as Yukemi is (Although there are distinctions in that case) and has Kazuki as the only person he probably doesn't want to throttle.

That leads me onto Kazuki, I can see something of D'Arby the elder from JoJo's in him with his whole philosophy of gambling but he also has an obsession with Kaijus, which I mean, Kaijus are fucking great so I have nothing to disagree with on anything there.

There's not much to mention about Kenshi, he's there, he's one of Kiyoshi's assistants from the Lost Incident and seems to have an interest in mythology. Seeing how the Ignis are essentially moulded off of the myth of Prometheus that's connected somewhat.

Genryu and Hakashi do follow the whole "Like father like son" dynamic in a way, they look similar, Hakashi is very respectful to his father and basically has little to do other than serve him. Genryu is the interesting one, someone who has known Kiyoshi since they were younger and served to inspire Kiyoshi to the project, some bits of his backstory were more risqué than others and his obsession with Cracking Dragon, which he designed, is something...

Daisuke being the youngest of the lot obviously is the most nervous out of all of them while simultaneously being nearly as hotheaded as Sokudo, although this is probably less to do with vitriol and more to do with irritation over other things. That cline about Yukemi being the "Classroom Dictator" made me laugh.

Finally there's the new Kogami sibling, Betsune who seems to have an inferiority complex due to people forgetting her a lot. Given that she needed to be forced to acknowledge her skill as a duelist, my money is on her being the more reserved type that's not very confident before some event changes that and forces her to step up.

Now, the question of the chapter, my thoughts on Kiyoshi becoming a more active character is one that I wholeheartedly agree with, in the anime it felt like he had no real purpose other than to act as the guy who started the project and also to sacrifice himself for Ryoken at the end of season 1. I suppose that goes to my opinion that Vrains had a lot of pointless characters but I really do like the change in him actually doing something other than just standing around in the network till he dies.

Anyway, I look forward to the next chapter, whatever story it comes from.
ZarcEternal chapter 4 . 9/26/2019
Okay so the Knights got a massive manpower boost, also I didnt expect Kogami to be revived this early (yes I predicted you would do such crazy stuff, but not this early). Hope you integrate him well in the story, because his death was another step in Revolvers character. One question: What are your thoughts on Vrains ending? For me it was a really solid DARK Ending, made me cry the whole last 10 min
SoulMatter chapter 4 . 9/26/2019
Dude, it certainly has been quite a while. On a schedule here, so my review's gonna be short:

-I thought the new characters are interesting, if only because of the premise.

-Holy shit, I definitely wasn't expecting your plans for Dr. Kogami.
SakushiRyu chapter 4 . 9/26/2019
An intriguing chapter; sets up many characters and makes them acquainted with us readers before the actions (and makes their future demise more tragic). Emma has a sister and Ryoken two sisters in total... very interesting... And Betsune is right, dragons are so common that I hope YGO 7's protag won't have one. With all these new characters, I can't help but wonder how the story will play out... and in regard to your QOTC, since you already showed me a Duel with Dr. Kogami in it, I'm sure he'll make things even more interesting! Good luck with your next chapter.
52 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »