Reviews for Yu-Gi-Oh! VRAINS: Destiny Junction
Bluvista04 chapter 1 . 5/18/2019
God this is great, Heavenmail is not someone I want to face, the negate spam almost reminds me of the psy-frames (shudders) but great chapter!
Romadrox8975 chapter 1 . 5/17/2019
It was fun to read and the whole duel was good.

The anti-ignis and second skill idea i found it dumb as first but it works with the total of life points that you are giving in the speed duel and i hope to see more interesting Skills like that.

To the OC they are fun to watch and very carismatic too. The only thing i doesnt like to the MC is the whole "technology is bad", i felt is kinda dumb but it just my opinion and not a real criticism.

Also i like that your oc have a female monster archetype, something that i personally want to watch more.
Insertname chapter 1 . 5/16/2019
Reading the review I just posted, I see how toxic that seems. I was just in a bad mood, so sorry. ANYWAY. that, was a long duel. But still good. I don’t get why the main character doesn’t trust technology, but we’ll probably find out later. So good chapter.
Insertname chapter 1 . 5/15/2019
The girl that the main character spoke to at the beginning was actually the same person who dueled later on in the chapter and is the sister of Ryoken? WHAAAAAA? What a twist. I bet NO ONE saw THAT coming! I’m being sarcastic, if you couldn’t tell. You just seem like the type of person who wouldn’T understand that. Anyway, I would say I liked this but I would be lying
Kyred chapter 1 . 5/15/2019
Cannot wait for chapter 2. So much potential, I love it. Keep it up.
ZarcEternal chapter 1 . 5/15/2019
So my first mistake was not reading the name of the author ( knowing its you, I should have read this after sleeping). But I dont regret it, its a really interesting story with great potential. Also knowing you "small" changes in story mean it will get really confusing at some point and really good. So I like the Protag and the idea of Revolver having a sister, mini-problems with 8000 LP makes duels so long you write so lomg chapters my eyes get really dry. No jokes. So after some hours of sleep, I will need to read this chapter again, because I skipped some parts just to come to the end and get to this review (only skipped some duel turns). Cannot wait to see again and more of this story. Also I am sorry for this really long and unstructured review, but as whined some times now: My eyes are dry and I am sleepy. So have a good day
LordMammon chapter 1 . 5/15/2019
Well, it took me the better part of an hour to get through this but I don't regret it at all. I have read the other story as well and I think they're both great.

There was the odd grammatical error here and there, mainly when letters had been missed out accidently or some spaces were missed out, but they were few and far between.

It's the first time that I've seen a Vrains story with a main character that's not basically Playmaker but with one or two differences. To be perfectly honest that can get very annoying. Yukemi being a traditionalist is also a good change of pace, all the OCs are these prodigies that can code shit with their eyes closed is also really tedious to read.

Given the allusions to Roman myth and the inclusion of some of the Latin, SPQR being "Senatus Populusque Romanus" and a la vae Victis meaning "Woe to the conquered" I'm assuming that the fractured file is probably a reference to myth too.

That's another thing I liked too, the inclusion of another incident that wasn't the Lost Incident. Too often is it said "Oh look! Another person in the Lost Incident!" or "I was a secret member!", I'm guilty of this myself but it is nice to see some other event happen, it opens up much more room to explore than keeping to the confines of just the Lost Incident.

Next thing I want to mention is the AI or the Anti-ignis, while it is nothing new to have more AI what is new is to have a group of them side with the Knights of Hanoi, instead of being human lovers or out for their blood. Hector, Noctis (A name anyone can figure out the meaning too) and Emerald are all different in their own way and have varying views and can act beyond their token purposes. Believe me, I hated Season 2 with a passion mainly because the Ignis devolved into token one note characters.

Now that I'm done seeming ranting I have got other things I want to say, mainly about the duel. I do get where you're coming from with the Life point cap, it never really made sense to me why they were different from the show to real life. I played the game properly for a bit (Around the time of Spellbooks and Dragon Rulers being Tier 0) so I get what you mean about generic spells being broken giving free 1s for days. The inclusion of "Prowess" basically being a second skill is something I wasn't expecting, I'll hold my fire on that and see where it goes before I make some form of rash judgement.

I'll take on the characters as a whole now. First, Yukemi. I mentioned before on how I liked that he wasn't Playmaker 2.0 like so many other main OCs but I'll say what I think fully now. I personally really enjoy his character, he sounds like someone who should be in the Knights of Hanoi with how he constantly rails on the network and Link Vrains, the way he puts down Naoki is also very entertaining in forcing him to hold his nerve or run away with his tails between his legs;. To have a very staunch traditionalist conservative technology "hater" is something that creates an interesting dynamic when placed in connection to the other tech savvy characters. For someone to basically brazenly admit that "I can't stand your presence in front of my face" is cool and also the way he admits his problems instead of denying it is something I like too. First time I've seen a Vrains OC be a lady chaser too, they're also so caught up in their mission to "enjoy the finer things in life". Apologies if that sounded crass.

Would it be bad to say I called Atsuko as White Diamond as soon as said Knight turned up? The way it happened was already suspicious as hell and when she refused to say her last name that rang all sorts of alarm bells in my head. Doesn't help that she already looked like Ryoken. Regardless, the trickster/mocking character is one I've always been a fan of and needless to say I like her a lot. Deceitfulness is the spice of life.

I don't really have too much more to say other than this took me nearly the same length of time to write as it did to read the chapter and that I really enjoyed this and hope the next chapter will be out soon. This story has also given me an Idea for an OC if you are interested in hearing it.

So yeah, I look forward to it. And as he crossed the Rubicon he said "Alea Iacta est."
52 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4