Reviews for This Can't Be Good
my.pen.and.sword chapter 51 . 10/24/2012
So I've been reading your story over the past couple of days wondering where it was going to end up and just. Wow. You nailed it. This is the GREATEST ending of all of the Inuyasha fanfictions I've ever read. I was still guessing until the very end. Way to go :)
Kay Hau chapter 51 . 10/16/2012
Awesome story! I'd probably favorite it, but I admit a bit too much cussing for me, but otherwise just great! Humor, action, adventure, a tiny bit of sweet romance, a twist of mystery - man, you're good! And everyone's TOTALLY in-character too!
Guest chapter 51 . 9/21/2012
The best Hojo ever! ;)
Angelic Hellfire chapter 51 . 9/17/2012
I love the twist at the end, especially how it gave Miroku a sense of closure but blew his mind at the same time.

On thinking back through the story, I love how Mushin's wish to be a natural was granted. He, in a way, lost his perverted tendencies, but that does not keep him from looking (he has noted how easily a girl's skirt flips up when running to class, as well as the amount of skin shown). It's a kind of subtle punishment for his past life: he gets to look all he wants (to a degree, what with attending a school with a uniform skirt length 6 in. above the knee), surrounded by girls like he has wanted (popular, popular Hojo), yet he derives no pleasure from it. In fact, it doesn't even seem to cross his mind to enjoy it. As he essentially has no perverted tendencies, he doesn't understand how to enjoy it. He has no idea, except for the understanding that it is perverted, thus wrong! Mushin, if he was capable of seeing his incarnation, would have been so frustrated and amused, ticked by the irony of it all. It's hilarious!

Yet, it does also seem that Mushin regretted his pervertedness. "But, you're a holy man!" "It may seem like fun now... but you'll regret it when you're a lonely old man." "Long or short, your life will be measured by its meaning." His perverted habits are just that-habits, habits tied to his old body. His new "natural" ability highlights just how un-perverted he is now. He derives no pleasure from seeing evidence of pervertedness. "These are young girls...We must have had a perverted headmaster." So, all in all, I think your picture of Hojo as Mushin's incarnation is everything the old man honestly wanted to be: a true holy man, holy in action and thought rather than in words or outward profession.
Yuni chapter 47 . 9/11/2012
Omg *howls with laughter* miroku got his slap in! Brilliant! And good lord Hojo is an annoying little f*ck. But this story has been amazing so far, sad I'm close to the end.
Mr. Khorne chapter 51 . 8/23/2012
that was awesome :)
inuyasha.lover33 chapter 51 . 8/9/2012
Hahaha! Lol! so funny! Great fic!
TheNinjaKitty13 chapter 11 . 7/7/2012
Something about Hojo irks me.
GalanthaDreams chapter 9 . 6/20/2012
Hilarious and witty this is a definite highlight of my day. I might be in the minority but I actually like Hojo...and seeing such a long story with him is lovely. One thing though, as fond of Inuyasha and Miroku as I am, they are being assholes-but it is rather funny watching them suffer their jealousies.
TripOverFlatSurfaces chapter 51 . 5/12/2012
Wha..? No way, Hojo was Mushin's reincarnation? That's... That was the point of him traveling back in time? Wow, that just kind of came out of nowhere. Or maybe not; since you left it at a cliffhanger, I'm so confused! Was he Mushin's reincarnation? Was that the purpose he was sent back for? To, and I quote, "give him a chance to say what he needed to say"?
Phoenix Satori chapter 11 . 4/30/2012
you know what i love?

coming back to an old, well-loved story, and finding that, in spite of the inevitable vicissitudes (time, changing tastes and fandoms, etc), i still love it every bit as much as i did the first time i read it.

this is still batty and off-the-wall and clever and hilarious and perfect.

cheers, you glorious dear, you.
Loafy chapter 1 . 3/14/2012
Should I feel bad for wishing Hobo would be flambeed by a passing bug?

No, I don't think so either. Hatred is a perfectly natural reaction.

Now for the real question: Is it normal to hate a nice guy so much, or is something seriously wrong with me?

I like the concept lots! I can only get better from here!
Louise chapter 51 . 1/22/2012

'I get this chill in my heart, as if someone's walking over my grave'

Shippou, walking over Mushins grave.

'Maybe that's why. I was allowed through the well because my incarnation had died, and I can't get back because there's a new baby me being born in the future.'

Mushin dying.

'I shouldn't feel as if I owe him, but I feel I do.'

Mirokus obligation to owe Hojo.

You. Are. Genious.
YuniX-2 chapter 51 . 12/31/2011
HOLY EXPLETIVES. Wow, the ending was brilliant. Both out of left field but delicately woven into the story at the same time. To think, the reason Hojo came to the past was to fulfill Mushin's wish to warn Miroku. I suppose it was also to learn some things for himself. But wow. That is mysterious and beautiful.
Cats chapter 51 . 12/5/2011
That was brilliant. Absolutely brilliant. My only regret is being unable to nominate it for some sort of award.
2,471 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »