Reviews for Envirosuits and Doobies
Liningcorn9 chapter 12 . 11/13
This is both entertaining and so god damn facinating. Usually, I hate politics, I really do. But you've made reading of them enjoyable. Keep going you beautiful creature of writing. Onwards more into wonder and bafflement made delightful.

I look forward to the next instalment of this absolute treat of a story.
deitarionSSokolow chapter 12 . 10/17
...and now, with Javik, you're once again doing interesting things.

It's very rare for me to find a story with so many different threads to it, all of which I enjoy.
deitarionSSokolow chapter 10 . 10/17
"I never wanted us to contact these humans in the first place! When we did anyway I told everyone going to political protests was a bad idea! And what the hell am I supposed to do when our people start tripping on acid and smuggling humans onto garden worlds?"

This line embodies the essence of what makes the stuff on the Human-Quarian side of things so satisfying to read.

...though I also enjoy what you're doing with the Geth... but then I always love exploring the characterization of the Geth.

" Warsaw Pact: ..."

Isn't it a bit lazy to just copy what happened to China in the real world in a sci-fi story?
deitarionSSokolow chapter 4 . 10/17
"She found it odd to name a genre of music after a solid mineral"

*chuckle*

What a lot of people never think to look up is that "Rock and Roll" is actually a double entendre that was popular in black communities at the time. (It uses a reference to the motion of a ship at sea to refer to either to how engaging black church services tended to be or to refer to getting laid.)
deitarionSSokolow chapter 3 . 10/17
"Captain, we are a communist society."

I hope that, as I continue to read further, I'll see you drawing the distinction between a communist dictatorship without a resource-exhaustion threat that's immediate and obvious to all citizens (the only kind of communism Earth has ever had at the national level) and a communist democracy with a clear and immediate threat like that.

(What the Quarians have and something that has actually *worked* on Earth on a smaller scale. I can't remember the name, but the Quarians remind me of a scaled-up version of a certain kind of commune that has existed historically in some middle east society at some points in history.)

The hard part is keeping up that sense that the resource scarcity is acute enough to discourage the impulse to cheat the system. In fact, it reminds me of how "The Tragedy of the Commons" is more propaganda meant to justify colonial expansion than historical fact because communal grazing land worked for centuries before *other* social changes upset the apple cart.
Moondweller chapter 3 . 10/13
aeiou, John Madden, aeiou.
EvilTheLast chapter 12 . 10/11
Good update.
Pteaset chapter 12 . 10/10
Nice one
EvilTheLast chapter 11 . 9/21
I just found this story and just read the first 11 chapters. I thought it would suck but it is actually pretty good. Well, I hope we don't get a Jimmy Carter as an US President and all the problems that take
place in the 70s, 80s, 90s...and so on in the Middle East. Well, I just don't think the Quarians and the Humans are going to last long in the next Reaper Cycle unless an outside influence comes in.
Coment9 chapter 1 . 9/20
Yeah really bad time...
Emberframe chapter 3 . 9/13
the Russians got ever first during the space race except for landing on the moon America managed that with mainly luck and lots of paraffine
Emberframe chapter 2 . 9/13
the russians would ideally be a better place to land due to social hominization.
dudemanguy chapter 11 . 9/7
THIS IS AMAZING! Please continue
Mihai88 chapter 11 . 9/5
This story is fucking insane... I love it!
The-Black-Prince-Thomas chapter 11 . 9/5
"How was he to defeat the Reapers with this?"

That's easy if there is no logical way to win do the illogical and you have humanity the most logically illogical race on your side.
50 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »