Reviews for The Solar Demise
XxkanaxX chapter 11 . 10/28/2010
This is one of the many fan fictions that I have read way before I even became a member here. And also one of those that I really liked. I silently wished that you would come up with another Chapter even though it has been labeled complete for so many years now.

And reading it again, I found out I still like it. There is just so much in this fic that I liked. And what I liked most is Akane's character here.. Akane is so mature.. The way you portrayed her is so unlike her in the manga or anime but very believable.. I am sure that She is capable of developing to this mature character you portrayed her of if put in a similar situation in the manga.

Anyway, I'm sure you know that the fic is lacking. It wasn't concluded anyway so I'm sure you know that. You seem to be a talented writer, but I guess you didn't plan much how this fic will go when you wrote the first Chapters.. Oh well, I am still hoping that you would make another..

So I guess here's wishing and hoping again.. but this time, I don't think I want to wish quietly anymore.

kana
Naidnae chapter 11 . 4/14/2006
It's interesting. Not bad. Although it's slightly confusing as to whether or not Ranma still can't remember Akane, and there are times when it seems as if parts are just missing from the storyline. The sequence back a few chapters with the flashbacks was particularily confusing, but it was well-written. Update?
Frank chapter 11 . 3/16/2005
I remember when i last read this story the last chapter was the one where hiroshi and akane kissed boy that pissed me off... but i have healed from such heartbreak and realized that girl's today are messed up and are truly capable of such acts, and just for the record i think that's pretty DAMN cool but i'm wondering if that's really the end... please don't let it be... must know how it ends ALL... oh by the way i never hated ryoga nor ukyo but always hated shampoo!
Vaniah chapter 11 . 3/13/2005
Wow. Wow, wow, wow. That last scene, talk about emotionally charged.

Firstly, congratulations on coming up with a Ranma story premise that has never been done before. Secondly, I think your portrayal of Akane is quite possibly the best I've ever read. You've matured her effectively enough that she can deal with her anger a little better, and made her appealingly introspective, but you've also managed to maintain that sense of determination and spirit that defines her character so well. And similarly with Ranma; you get the feeling like he's finally come to terms with a lot of important stuff in his life. Or, at least that he's starting to.

His confusion over his feelings for Akane is very poignant; it must feel strange to be in love with someone, yet not be entirely sure why.

Also, I really love how you portrayed Hiroshi. Like Ryouga said, he's just so incredibly normal that you wouldn't think that he could have any impact on the lives of these superhuman people, yet here he is. Kudos to you, because I adore Ranma's pervy little buddies.

The circumstances surrounding Daisuke's death: very, very thought-provoking. Isn't it awful the way people can use someone else's fears and insecurities to their advantage?

You said in your author's notes that you're in a different place now than you were when you first started writing this story, and that fact is clear in your writing. However, I think that it's clear in a positive way, in that the complexity of emotions, as well as your ability to express them eloquently, increases as you read along. So honestly, I think it's even better now than it was at the beginning, which is one hell of a feat, because the first few chapters of this story aren't exactly lacking in the depth department either!

Anyway, wonderful work, and I'm really looking forward to seeing how all of this will get resolved, and hopefully without that nasty apocalypse fouling things up. ;)

Keep up the great work, and do keep writing!

Vaniah
Nikore chapter 11 . 2/18/2005
WOW that was absolutly the best Ranma fanfic I have read. So good loved it thank you so much for raising my spirt with finding a uplifting, sad and happy emotional romantic plot.
Kohana chapter 11 . 1/23/2005
That was an extreamly interesting story! It was so good I practically sat at my computer desk just reading in such awe! This was a VERY good stoey!
ChelseaBurger22 chapter 11 . 12/19/2004
Wow! I really like this story! I had always seen it sitting there, reread the description over and over again, but I never read it. Probably because of the prospect of the end of the world. It has always been a very real fear to me, what with how we treat our enviornment. But I had been looking for a well-written story, and I couldn't have asked for more. It's great. I'll be awaiting your next update, however long it may take. :)
ranmakane4ever chapter 11 . 12/6/2004
i hope ranma gets back his memory soon.

i feel bad for akane.

but now that they kissed, i'm happy for her again. hehe

please update soon.

freestylesk8r180 chapter 11 . 12/5/2004
Welcome to Hikariness and Kawaii-cha's review. Puke bags are to your right.

I love this story so much! I would really appreciate it if you would add, like, a bonus chapter or something as a filler to see what happened in the inevitable armageddeon. Just to see what happened to the fiancees, Ryouga-kun, Hiroshi, and of course everyone's favorite couple. Arigatou gozaimasu!

Hikariness and Kawaii-cha (read my stories! don't you love subliminal messaging?)
Materia-Blade chapter 7 . 12/2/2004
Great fic up till now... as was said to me I will pass on.

Amneisia is tacky and overused. I hope Ranma is cured of it... extreamly soon.
fanfic fan chapter 11 . 12/2/2004
lol, i found your other story containing the chapters i was reffering in my previous review. LOL, nevermind :-)
fanfic fan chapter 10 . 12/2/2004
LOL, I found the other chapters of your story, so ignore the part of my previous review where I asked about what happened to ranma and akane at the beach. LOL, sorry
fanfic fan chapter 11 . 12/2/2004
I liked your story overall. I liked your writing and I liked the fact that the story was from Akane's point of view (except at the end which you added ryoga's). If you have the time and the desire you could tune it a bit. For example, after ranma and akane arrive at the beach, what happens there? How did they get together, how close were they? The end, i kind of wish you gathered everybody at the tendo's, maybe have ryoga forgive akane, have them all together happy and living life with no regrets as ranma had urged akane to do. I REALLY enjoyed the story, read it straight through, found it very interesting and well written! _
Jerry Unipeg chapter 11 . 12/1/2004