Reviews for Where the Heart Goes
u know who it is chapter 33 . 4/13
ok i think i somehow managed to post the review on the wrong chap but HEY it’s fine it has been many moons since i used ff interface so i get a break (skull emoji) but i would simply like to quote the tiktok: “how men acted when the joker came out… this is my joker” BC I CANT BELIEVE THE DAY IS HERE! SUNS SUPREMACY BABYYY
u know who it is chapter 7 . 4/13
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH THE TIME HAS COME! literally screaming rn i cannOT WAIT FOR THIS ARC AND I LOVE IT AND LOVE U THANK U FOR BLESSING ME THIS FINE DAY OF BIRTH
paige3 chapter 29 . 12/1/2021
hiiiiya~! it’s me, paige, all the way back from submitting finn ! i didn’t want to try to remember the password to my old account so late at night, haha, so i just went with the guest profile for now.

it’s been so long. too long. years, probably, aaa… I’m going to make it my goal at some point to go back through all ive missed and your wonderful writing because it’s truly so good ! over break maybe i’ll get to read it like a whole book at this time (quite frankly, my memory of the real selection series was replaced a long, long time ago with this one. it’s so near and dear to me)

i know this is probably a little random and a little sappy after so long, so im really sorry if this is out of the blue and awkward, but I just wanted to pop in and say how thankful i am for this series and how much reading this over the years inspired me. if im remembering right, i was around 14 or 15 when you first released to build a home and had absolutely no sense of character building or how to actually develop anything (sorry Finnley, haha)… but, um. i actually turn 21 this coming sunday and im about to graduate from college… so, i wanted to take a moment to thank you for everything. as silly as it sounds, it really meant so much to me to get to be a part of this story’s journey growing up.

so thank you again ! it’s been a joy reading this and knowing you throughout the years -
The-Sweater-Sloth chapter 28 . 12/1/2021
Ahhhhhh! Yes! Yes! Yes! It finally happened! Brooo this chapter was amazing and it had an amazing build up through the story to the end scene. You are amazing!
The-Sweater-Sloth chapter 26 . 7/3/2021
Great chapter! I loved it so much! I loved the interaction between Dorian and Auden so much
illex chapter 25 . 6/20/2021
Vesper seems kinda sus. Honestly can't wait for the next update too see what you do with Gabbi plot.
Guest chapter 22 . 4/7/2021
That was amazing! Kinda disappointed Jordan didn't do more but still amazing. Elodie's my fav so I've been looking forward to her chapter for a while. Keep up the great work!
me chapter 20 . 2/14/2021
brilliant. spectacular. showstopping. unique. fabulous. amazing.

also: pain
L.C. Carraway chapter 19 . 2/7/2021
Your A/N made me lol. Meant to write something fluffy, ended with an assassination attempt. Why am I not surprised.

Parades are ridiculous, I agree with Auden, and CLEARLY as we're about to get into, unsafe. I hope her dumb future mother in law feels awful about insisting on it when Auden tried to be like aren't parades a bit much in an earlier chapter, but she seems like she's going to be a terrible character so probably not. Anyway, I'm getting ahead of myself.

Auden is definitely waxing poetic about life and thinking everything is perfect exclusively because of Dorian and must be horrifically in love already, because her staff sounds awful. She also has the patience of a saint, because I would lose it if I couldn't eat breakfast without someone treating me like a doll. It also feels very telling that her look is supposed to scream princess vs future queen. Feels like a power play.

Despite Auden not wanting it, the parade sounded really cute and sweet until the gd stop at the governor's. He seems like a tool. But tbh, the assassination attempt really wasn't as bad as it could've been. Sounds like it was mostly focused on the queen, and as discussed not a fan. Although it does make me worry/wonder if they would've eventually come to Dorian and Auden had they got the queen. I'm also wondering if the governor was somehow involved somehow, since he sounds very unlikeable/potentially bad. There are so many potential bads in this story that I feel like some of them have to be red herrings/me overthinking everything. But for the moment, I'm side-eyeing him just like I was Vesper last chapter.

And the moment that we got between Dorian and Auden was so sweet. I love that he proposed despite there not being a technical reason for it. I loved the fluffy end. I was kind of glad for the assassination attempt, because the escaping/hiding scene was so beautiful. It was also a Ruby imagery masterclass.

Also the biggest lol Auden being worried about Dorian's pants and not realizing he's proposing to her. That was one of my favorite moments in this chapter.

I loved TBaH so much, but I feel like I am falling in love with the sequel equally/possibly edging on more a little bit somehow? Not sure how you do it, Ruby, but I'm so invested in these kids. It seems like there is A LOT of potential for things to hit the fan, so I am a little nervous, but I'm enjoying watching your brilliance play out.
L.C. Carraway chapter 18 . 2/7/2021
More Illeas! Ugh, I love.

Except I knew the second that Vesper was like "nah ghost Rhys he'll understand" that she is going to be trouble. And then she started asking about the label and it was just all red alarm bells. I'm hanging on her "people do the strangest things when they feel trapped" line. I have a feeling Vesper feels trapped (by something) and is going to do something that is NOT GOOD. And then talking about Kaden making Hayden have a Selection... I have suspicions about you Miss Vesper. Or I could be totally off base and she could just be the best. I don't know. I'm sus for now.

I feel bad for Hayden, because clearly there is a lot of internal conflict. But I also just want to shake her. Like go get your Romeo and Juliet on and be with Rhys, you have so many other siblings that are doing the 'perfect' marriage/Selection thing (and unhappy as a result), don't do that too.

The pashmina thing was so funny. That poor Selected. And the fact that she was judging his taste over anything else was great.

THE ENDING. RUBY. For once, thank the lord I am behind so I can just go read the next chapter. I should've known that (despite Gabbi LITERALLY BEING TERMINALLY ILL, Elodie's HORRIFIC marriage, Kase and Delia's whole beings, the secret Rhys relationship) things were going too tame for one of your stories.
L.C. Carraway chapter 17 . 2/7/2021
Okay, I am SO behind in reviews, so I'm going to try to make up for it today. Please know that I do still love this story. I just have a bad habit of reading when I'm procrastinating/avoiding real life, so it's hard to review at the same time XD

Distracted Kaden is immediately concerning, but considering his children and all of their different current escapades, I'm trying to tell myself that it's really not that serious. But knowing you, I'm probably being naively optimistic. The sibling dynamic between Elodie and Delia is so painful but realistic. They are the classic opposites and clash so well. Like I have definitely known siblings who treat each other that way (despite not being royalty and having that added layer of complication). But it's good to see them working something out. It also just makes me love Elodie more. Poor thing can help everyone but herself.

I love group dates as a rule. The way that Delia just picked the first people that she saw was hilarious and on brand. I'm honestly impressed that she even remembered some names. Of course, Jae was the scene stealer. He seems like a trouble maker, very Delia-like, though I'm not sure that she needs someone like that. But he is fun to read, and I enjoyed his sass nonetheless.

Pausing to fan girl over your writing. There are so many little things that you sneak in that are funny without being overly comical and changing the whole feel of the chapter ("It was mildly offensive that he would rather read the words of pretentious dead white men than go on a date with her"). And then there are other moments that are just so illustrative of the scene and the mood (like the line about not choking on the silence). The balance and beauty of your writing is just always 10/10.

I feel so bad for these poor Selected. They seem like a sweet (if slightly/rightfully terrified) group of guys. These flashbacks are always so interesting and really help to shape Delia. It's obvious that she wasn't always like this, and I'm so interested in finding out why/what happened. And if it's something she can overcome.
Guest chapter 18 . 1/30/2021
Another awesome chapter! Tbh I only really care about Elodie but the plots for the other characters are amazing too!
Guest chapter 18 . 1/30/2021
Wow
Guest chapter 17 . 1/18/2021
Awesome chapter!
L.C. Carraway chapter 16 . 8/20/2020
Please ignore the fact that this has taken me literally like a month. It's really in character for me by now, but I like to pretend that it's still shocking that reviewing could possibly take me this long.
Anyway. Oh boy, another Gabbi chapter. They just scare me, because who knows with you.

I love how you bring all your real life Dr. Ruby knowledge in with the references to the side effects of the different meds that Gabi takes. It makes her illness so much more realistic to read about and really makes you realize how much she's going through.

I think I kind of forget that she's keeping her timeline (prognosis? is that what the medicals call it?) from her family until I read about it again and then I really want her to tell them because they don't even know how limited her time is and they're just out living their lives normally because they don't know. Even though I'm sure that's going to be a painfully heartbreaking conversation that will kill me when I read it so there's that.

Ezra is cute, and their interaction was so well written and just nice to read. Honestly, Ruby, your writing is beautiful. They had great banter, and I fee like you saw something about each character.
Ezra was surprisingly open with Gabi, and it was nice to see some of her own vulnerability as well when they hugged and she actually let herself enjoy human contact. But guess what, I know your game. I'm not letting myself do any shipping because then we're getting into A Walk to Remember pain territory and I won't do it to myself :) I am interested to see this ploy to "win" Delia though and wonder if it will actually work, because I'm guessing that would cause a lot of personal inner conflict for Gabi.

I've probably told you this before, but I love how you write all the siblings relationships. Even the ones that aren't the best (like the mentions to Hayden and Delia). There's a lot of them, but they're all so different and realistic. "Don't make me miss you too" stabbed me in the heart because Hayden doesn't even know D: Ugh. Ruby. Amazing but painful as always.