Reviews for In Beta
BeamBrain chapter 1 . 12/26/2020
I really enjoyed this take on the "artificial life goes horribly wrong" concept. Refreshing and a lot more poignant than the cliche "oh no it's evil and wants to kill everyone" approach. My heart broke as soon as I saw the "pory -kill" command.

I myself am a software developer, and having worked a few different jobs in the field, you nailed the general atmosphere and the problems project teams can often face - unreasonable deadlines, crunch, etc. I would not want to try to create life under those conditions, and I wouldn't want anyone else to, either.
ReverseWorld34 chapter 1 . 6/7/2019
-I didn’t actually know that bit about blond and blonde. “Blond” looks so… strange to read. I don’t know why. But now I know. English is weird.

-regarding capitalizing Pokemon species names. I understand your argument and it makes sense, but in terms of how it’s treated in canon, seeing it capitalized is more comfortable to the eye. Additionally, I actually have an in-universe explanation for this, though that’s only really seen in my main, Mystery Dungeon work than this, but it leaks into here. The species name is their legal name, in the same way we have last names. Grammatically, “He’s a Charmander” is the same context of “He’s a Smith” and so on, similar to referring to someone by their clan name. A happy compromise!

Regarding thinking it was “silly” — I think I may have misconstrued exactly what it means to have that code that seemed to change itself. As someone who is working in software development, you absolutely don’t want your original source code to change itself, and don’t confuse neural networks with code that changes its own source. While they sound similar, they’re very different, and what Evan was making was not intended to be something that switched around its own source code.

Author bends the knee to St Elmo's Fire. Pathetic.
Final Fantasy 67 chapter 1 . 6/1/2019
Here you needthis.

Hey, welcome. So look a warning given you are writing a Pokemon story. Farla, St Elmo's Fire, Talarc, Spencer841, Handle Criticism Maturely, and a few others are known bullies on this site who review only to destroy stories and promote drama.

They will push their believes down your throat, demand you redo your story to fit their wants and no, they are the super minority and hated by the fandom. They also tend to post pms publicly so responding to them is ill advised.

They start off with a disclaimer about honestly thinking it would help. It doesn't they want you to be screwed over as they complain about trival nonsense that got their panties in a twist.

They think Pokemon is slavery. That you should capitalize the way they want, fyi Pokemon names are not species names and that's been officially recongized in modern English. So yes it's correct to capitalize Pikachu for instance. Oh, and they give out false dialogue formatting (It's "Hello," She said dialogue is a seperate sentence). Spend time putting out a text block of non issues that are not going to help you. Don't get me started on Arceus.

What's worse is they all try to pass it off as them being critics in their reviews. Any review with it in the begining should be ignored if you get it.

Oh and if they say that they are being bullied. Know that they are lying as they been doing it too this fandom for years now and are just pissed that a group are working to stop it. The admins told them to knock it off.

If that's not enough on my profile is proof its utter nonsense. oh and if there is a guest reviewer titled "Take Down Hybrid" know that is's actually Handle Criticism Maturely the biggest of all of Farla's supporters and an utter troll who only doing this shit because Hybrid gave her criticism. The girls gone off the deep end and into complete insanity.

Best to remove it.

Speaking of them they had twice agreed to stop but don't. Even after being told to stop by the admins, their friends, and even random strangers. Right now they are somehow convinced that Hybrid, a woman, is a man.

If they claim they have proof don't. Its all utter nonsense land they been told by the admins to take it down.

As for the users you need to block and how, you block by heading to heading too the toolbar were you posted a story. Click on account and you should see the option to block users. The add their id numbers

64005

5373533

4416847

1357526

6889405
Stylepoints Zero chapter 1 . 5/28/2019
Desperate for reviews much? Here's a thought... Block Farla's gang.
Blades of Chance chapter 1 . 5/28/2019
[Hi! I’m doing a round of reviews around the site, hoping to help give people constructive criticism instead of just vague appreciation or flames. If you do choose to take my advice I will be glad, but you don't have to feel like I'm making demands of you. ]]

Incorrect he's going around lying and spreading misinformation.

[You want "blond". "Blonde" is the feminine form.]

No it isn't. That's not even how its used anymore.

[You wouldn’t capitalize animal or mouse or dragon, so you shouldn’t capitalize words like pokemon or pikachu or charizard.]

Incorrect Pokemon names are not species names they are proper names.

[I feel like "bugged him" is repeated too quickly here;]

No it isn't.

[Is this supposed to be a blank space, or did FFN eat some symbols?]

FFN doesn't eat symbols.

[Missing apostrophe?
]

Incorrect.

[Interesting. The opening is a little slow, but the interactions with the porygon itself are quality. I'm surprised to see this marked complete, though – I feel like there's something I'm missing.]

One they didn't even read the story as it isn't slow in the begining.
St Elmo's Fire chapter 1 . 5/28/2019
Hi! I’m doing a round of reviews around the site, hoping to help give people constructive criticism instead of just vague appreciation or flames. If you do choose to take my advice I will be glad, but you don't have to feel like I'm making demands of you. I usually try to point out things that could help with future stories, so they can be useful even if you don’t want to edit the current story. Feel free to disagree with my interpretations and don’t be afraid to let me know why. I will be pointing out grammatical errors as well; please understand that I am not trying to be judgmental, but that I honestly believe corrections can improve the story. You are free to verify everything I say on Grammarly or other open-access grammatical resources if you think I've gotten anything wrong.

[Evan's dark blonde hair stuck to his forehead.]

You want "blond". "Blonde" is the feminine form.

You wouldn’t capitalize animal or mouse or dragon, so you shouldn’t capitalize words like pokemon or pikachu or charizard. The only time you should capitalize it is if you’re using it as the pokemon’s name, ie, Ash’s pikachu is called Pikachu. This is because you only capitalize when it’s a proper noun, which are the names of places or things. Similar reasoning should be applied to any other words you’re thinking of capitalizing, like trainer or professor or gym.

[The failed tests bugged him. What would that mean for Project Porygon? It was just going to be a robot AI, but something about it bugged him.]

I feel like "bugged him" is repeated too quickly here; you may want to try rephrasing.

[Sometimes it felt like it changed itself when he wasn't looking, like the little twitches of an embryo of zeroes and ones.

Evan shook his head. That was silly.]

It shouldn't be that silly – we're working on self-changing code and neural networks even today, and the Pokemon world is clearly more advanced than our own.

[ERROR: " " is missing or has been corrupted.]

Is this supposed to be a blank space, or did FFN eat some symbols?

["Servers still running hot."]

Missing apostrophe?

AdamthePyromancer chapter 1 . 5/26/2019
Well this was all kinds of vaguely horrifying. Was honestly expecting it to end much differently