Reviews for Professor Gandalf the Grey
Surthum chapter 3 . 5/16/2022
Why aren't they apparating?
The Dark Sapphire chapter 8 . 12/15/2021
Could not have named the story better than it is. While not the most 'exciting' story it is definently a far more interesting one that I expected.
Guest chapter 1 . 12/7/2021
Really? How the fuck can Gandalf teach about a world he JUST got to? This is retarded lol.
danieljfdsantos chapter 2 . 12/7/2021
I loved the fanfic, not only because of the chemistry of characters but by harmony between fantastic part (magic) and the realistic part (human mind, deep layered characters) too. One augments the other. The moment that Snape get out of the duel with Gandalf is priceless.
dreamflower02 chapter 9 . 8/25/2021
Gandalf is my favorite non-hobbit character in LotR, and I think you've done a great job with him.

He's more open in this story and less secretive, but I think that can be explained by his knowledge that he will need help to get home, and that these worlds are so far apart in nature that his words will not get back to Middle-earth.

Very good story, I'm glad to say.
EricFreak chapter 9 . 8/5/2021
I've liked this story so far. sometimes I'll admit to being a little disinterested, but other times it had my rapt'ed attention. Gandalf in HP is a really neat Idea.

I feel like Gandalf is open to others, but yet too bothered to explain anything in great detail all at once, but would rather, allow things to come naturally. You have got Gandalf character down fairly well, and I'm kinda glad the bashing isn't typical but rather how Gandalf would act, even when he finds things out, he does not ever judge right away on those things.

Write more when you can, i know how procrastination can be.
Al chapter 5 . 6/17/2021
Oh, yes, it is good. And long is good, too. Don't apologize for long chapters! The more the merrier!
Juan Sotomayor chapter 5 . 6/15/2021
Oh look, another Slytherin bad, Hermione wankfic.
Crazzytony chapter 9 . 6/14/2021
Very interested in this story I hope to see more of it soon.
A Guest chapter 9 . 5/16/2021
Patience was rewarded with this nice chapter. I'm craving for more.

But yeah magic in Lord of the Rings can be quite difficult to explain, but if I remember correctly Middle Earth also had transfiguration in a sense, and some edain could transform themselves into animals (not only the Skin changers like Beorn, but some edain of the First Age could transform into animals (albeit not fully sure if Beren is 100% Edain)).
Gheloured chapter 9 . 5/17/2021
Thanks for the update
Monster King chapter 9 . 5/15/2021
Awesomeness
ExoHunter chapter 8 . 2/13/2021
damn this is awesome! i haven’t read anything this good since, well... the last time i read something good lol
E chapter 8 . 2/2/2021
I like this story a lot. It's fairly simple, and there's a few choices I disagree with character interpretation wise, but it's well written and consistent. Plus, kudos for not being the kind of person who bases all their knowledge of a LotR character from the movies. The weaving of the lore into your story makes it fair more enjoyable than the fools who think a Maiar is just some dude who can make his staff really bright and is pretty good with a sword.
So, overall, I await more.
E chapter 6 . 2/2/2021
Gandalf is far from open. I think the easiest to point out was that he let Frodo make a decision about whether or not to enter moria, whilst highly suspecting that a balrog or some other terrible creature of Morgoth was lurking within. He did very little to express the severity of the threat to the fellowship. I think he figured they'd be able to sneak by it, so it wouldn't be an issue, but that's a lie of omission, which is exactly what dumbledore does all the time. I think that Gandalf is certainly very different in other ways, and has much less of the "my way or the highway" attitude Dumbledore carries, but you can't deny that he's often just as manipulative and cunning in how he speaks as Dumbledore is. That's all, I'm gonna finish this chapter now.