Reviews for Chrysalis
Liz chapter 13 . 11/1/2014
Lovely ending to a smart little story. I am awed by the amount of information you have packed into supposedly third person monologues. Wonderful writing!
missgsmith51 chapter 13 . 10/29/2014
So Draco has become an Ice a Dragon, eh? (Or an Antipodean Opaleye?) Hagrid would be so excited!

It sounds as if Lucius is now dead in two different time streams. I guess that is a good thing, since he is what my dad would call RTC (rotten to the core). I'm still curious about whether or not Draco was kidnapped/adopted.
missgsmith51 chapter 11 . 10/29/2014
It WAS Snape's mother! So ... Is Draco trapped in the past, or will he get back to his own timeline? Will he wind up raising Snape? That could be interesting.
missgsmith51 chapter 9 . 10/29/2014
"... You and I both know Draco's destiny. That was, after all, why you helped me select him… Did you think I would forget your kindness? Your help? If not for you… why, Severus, I would be a much sadder man. Narcissa and I would never have been able to raise our wonderful son. We would have had to settle for a much more inferior child."

Okay, I'm confused. Draco was adopted ... or kidnapped?
missgsmith51 chapter 8 . 10/29/2014
Well, it looks as though Draco is being accepted. Perhaps, though, he needed that bit of humility. Although he seems better in this story, he is generally (IMHO, at least) an insufferably arrogant, rude, and mean young man. Perhaps those sentiments were what were initially felt by Taniwha.
missgsmith51 chapter 6 . 10/29/2014
Snape should be pleased that Harry sees Sirius for who he is, with all of his flaws. Actually, I think Harry always did; but he was able to accept that the flaws were a part of who Sirius was and love him anyway. Snape just didn't believe that Harry could see Sirius as anything less than perfect and still love him.

Helen is certainly doing her best to dispel Snape's oh-so-cool and detached image, isn't she?
missgsmith51 chapter 5 . 10/29/2014
I hope Draco knows what he's doing. Lying about Snape - especially if he's overheard - could cause trouble with the good guys.
missgsmith51 chapter 4 . 10/29/2014
Whoa! Harry certainly put Sirius in his place. I think hearing what Rona had to say about Sirius's little "schoolboy prank" on Severus impacted him a lot more than hearing it from a Dumbledore or Snape ever did. I think, too, that seeing Snape willingly walk into Voldemort's clutches to keep both Harry and his own family safe allowed Harry to see Snape in a new light ... as did Taniwha removing all traces of the Mark and allowing Snape to move on with love in his life. Even more, though, he saw the Marauder badmouthing someone who had never shown Harry anything but pure friendship and, in her way, love. I think it was eye-opening.
missgsmith51 chapter 3 . 10/29/2014
I guess I spoke too soon. Helen the woman could be just as fierce as Helen the Burd ever was. And she couldn't have chosen a better target, IMHO. I can't stand Trelawney, and I'm glad Helen gave her ... what she deserved.

I guess Draco has missed mothering as much as Harry has, even though he grew up with two parents. Then again, it doesn't sound like they did much appropriate parenting. Actually, I'm surprised Snape and Draco are talking as if Lucius is alive. I'm not sure why, but I thought he was with Voldemort - wherever that is - with no plans to return to this mortal plane.

How exciting that Helen and Snape are pregnant. This must be why she is so "broody" with Harry and Draco.
missgsmith51 chapter 2 . 10/29/2014
Helen is certainly an upbeat soul. I'd say she was the yin to Snape's yang, but yin is supposed to be dark and yang is light ... so that doesn't seem to work. Snape definitely has the darker moods, although they are improving with Helen ... despite the bickering. Helen seems to be pure light and love.

I wonder why Dumbledore is so insistent that Harry stay with him? I mean, it's FAR better than going to the Dursleys; but if Helen is prepared to "mother" him, why not let her, as long as Snape doesn't mind?
craizypet chapter 13 . 11/29/2011
nwwwaaaaaawwwww... draco gone... :( but draco is happy, so all good. i like it! different to your other one, which is cool, but still a very unique plotline, and unique as in good, not as in,

i-dont-know-what-else-to-call-it.
craizypet chapter 6 . 11/29/2011
lol, the comment at the end (dying on floor laughing)! i take it back! Sev is no longer my fav character, he is my fav cannon character, but the fav ouverall character goes to helen!
craizypet chapter 3 . 11/29/2011
i love it! instead of ron, im good with Trelawney being the comic relief! much more amusing!
Rosa Mundi chapter 13 . 2/22/2011
That was a wonderful story. Pity about Draco, though. I had really gotten to like him.
Rosa Mundi chapter 3 . 2/22/2011
Oops. When I reviewed Taniwha, I hadn't realized how long ago it was written.

And I love this story too.