Reviews for The Wars of Legends 1 - The Apotheosis of a Lost Child
Great ninth chapter!
eragon13579 chapter 8 . 7/3/2019
Great eighth chapter!
Vruon chapter 10 . 7/3/2019
Nice chapter and the possibility that chapters would be more often though not every day is appealing. I also like the alliance, I wonder if Nimue will offer Yu a modified sarcophagus or at least tell him about the side effects (as someone who respects honor would be very concerned), I think it would be rather advantageous for her ally to be a healthy mind.
eragon13579 chapter 7 . 7/3/2019
eragon13579 chapter 1 . 7/3/2019
Great first chapter!
Ep chapter 10 . 7/3/2019
Excellent
Bonne continuation et merci pour la lecture
shypunk chapter 10 . 7/3/2019
love the story
Hadrian.Caeser chapter 10 . 7/3/2019
Nice
Wfxcz chapter 10 . 7/2/2019
I like your story is simple as that. Good job.
greenespeon1995 chapter 10 . 7/2/2019
that was great!
Hawkmoon888 chapter 10 . 7/2/2019
When dealing with irritating guest reviewers take the following quote (that ended up being attributed to Albert Einstein even if it's origin is unknown) to heart "Only two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.". The theme is controversial but the warning was clear and you managed to incorporate it in the story rather well. If anyone of those idiots was brave enough (which I doubt) to use their user name to post a review you can point them at "Harry Potter Meets the Starks and the Gods with Them" by PuffsOfPygmys. No trigger warnings, graphic description of pedophilia gay rape and throwing in slash soul bonds (Draco/Harry) out of the left field more than 10 chapters into a story. My review for ch15 of that story has all the details what I don't like that the author pulled out of nowhere which turned me away from the story. You from the start gave warnings and everyone knew what they were getting into. You did everything right.
Your writing might not be best but the story is pleasurable to read and I'm curious where it will go. And not to discourage you I consider authors like Vimesenthusiast, Kathryn518, plums or robst as some of the best that I compare other fanfiction writers to.
The first book was a nice introduction to the story. The pacing seems a little fast but with empire building fics it is easy to get bogged down in info dumps so it could be worse. You could flesh out the support cast a little more as due to the pacing Nimue and Ganos children seemed to have sprung out almost out of nowhere and there is no emotional connection to their characters. Without that it is hard to get invested into what happens to them.
You might also look into introducing some other perspectives on Nimue's empire through the lens of others. How do the Asgard see her for example. When the Tok'ra come into existence how will they see her. You did try to do that somewhat with Yu by showing his attitude towards her and his decisions but you could do more.
The parts of the empire seem to be just names. You tend to introduce them as you need them without any buildup. Similar to how you treat your supporting cast. A good empire building fic has a build up stage that you glossed over. That made the battle for Hogwarts seem less important and mentioning rumors of a secret throne world when this story is mostly through Harry perspective seems strange.
181 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 .. Last Next »